Billion$ - on Showtime | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Billion$ - on Showtime

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I feel like I am picking the show apart, but this is a show trying to be edgy and realistic. It feels like the show is shooting for emmys but is really more like a primetime soap. House of Cards has a lot of the same problems in that it tries to be this very serious, awards worthy show, but if you sit back and think about what happens in that show, it is kind of ridiculous. I might just sit back a little and enjoy Billions rather than parse every plotline, because i have a suspicion it is about to veer away from reality rather than towards it.

Reaction Score
I feel like I am picking the show apart, but this is a show trying to be edgy and realistic. It feels like the show is shooting for emmys but is really more like a primetime soap. House of Cards has a lot of the same problems in that it tries to be this very serious, awards worthy show, but if you sit back and think about what happens in that show, it is kind of ridiculous. I might just sit back a little and enjoy Billions rather than parse every plotline, because i have a suspicion it is about to veer away from reality rather than towards it.
I think that's right, after I wrote my post I thought about how quickly Axe would have to axe Maggie Siff. Her Chinese wall between psychologist client privilege and the law is untenable (they shouldn't have highlighted her betraying one person at the firm for the other as this brought that more to light) and once you mix in her husband there is simply no way any of them would tolerate her employment, but it makes the show fun. Therefore its a soap.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I really liked this week's episode.

Agreed. This is the right pace now. It is really hard to make a mainstream TV show episode about a short squeeze. That was well done.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Paul Giamatti kinda has one gear these days and unfortunately, it's Santa from Fred Claus.

My wife likes the show, but I just think it's dopey. ("I'm gonna buy a ho-ho company to screw with a prosecutor's dad's mistress and my wife is going to cancel some woman's golf membership because that is how rich people spend their days. Oh, and I'm mad that I got fired as a caddie, so I'm going to buy a building.")

Ridiculous. Makes The Walking Dead look plausible.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Paul Giamatti kinda has one gear these days and unfortunately, it's Santa from Fred Claus.

My wife likes the show, but I just think it's dopey. ("I'm gonna buy a ho-ho company to screw with a prosecutor's dad's mistress and my wife is going to cancel some woman's golf membership because that is how rich people spend their days. Oh, and I'm mad that I got fired as a caddie, so I'm going to buy a building.")

Ridiculous. Makes The Walking Dead look plausible.

See my earlier post about just enjoying it and not parsing every plot twist. This is a prime time soap where they can say f$#% and s@$% and you can see women snorting blow off other women's breasts, but it isn't Mad Men or the Sopranos.

Tonight was a good episode with my new standard.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

I mustve missed that part in Fred Claus where Mrs. Claus straddles Santa and gives him a Golden Shower on a fresh cigarette burn.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
See my earlier post about just enjoying it and not parsing every plot twist. This is a prime time soap where they can say f$#% and s@$% and you can see women snorting blow off other women's breasts, but it isn't Mad Men or the Sopranos.

Tonight was a good episode with my new standard.

Sopranos was the ultimate mob 'soap opera' imo. Heck, the entire therapy premise was laughable.

Reaction Score
Damian Lewis is a good actor, but his English accent peeks through every once in a while, particularly when he starts to shout. I know it's not a big deal, but I can't help but notice it every time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom