Big week this week in Europe | The Boneyard

Big week this week in Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Spurs are beating Villa right now, 2-0 at the half. See this result thru and they are sitting 5th in the table, a good goal differential, and absolute striking distance for top 3 or better;
City and Arsenal are beginning to put a little space between themselves and other serious title contenders;
Leicester not going away easily;
West Ham falling back to their normal form;
Liverpool is going to be really good once Klopp gets fully settled/immersed;
and who isn't enjoying Chelsea's meltdown?

Mid-week we get UCL and Europa games...headlined by Real v PSG, Man U v CSKA Moscow, Sevilla v City, Bayern v Arsenal, and Chelsea v Kyiv in UCL; then Rubin Kazab v Liverpool, and Spurs v Anderlecht

This brings us to a tasty Sunday morning EPL clash in the form of the North London Darby at the Emirates. Spurs are finding their form, but so is Arsenal, should be a doozy. COYS!!!!

Reaction Score
Agree. Playing for their Champions lives (need at least a draw) at Bayern mid-week and then the usual intense match between the Gunners and Spurs will be tough, especially as Arsenal has some injuries to deal with.

As for Chelsea, could nor happen to a more deserving organization. Pass me the beer and popcorn as I am going to enjoy the show. Did I mention that Costa could be facing yet another suspension - 4 games this time.

http://www.espnfc.us/chelsea/story/...uld-face-fa-charge-for-martin-skrtel-incident

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I am absolutely loving the Chelsea meltdown. It is giving me great joy this year. I just hope they stay down all season.

While I'm enjoying that, I'm not enjoying the Swans fall from the top. Thankfully they have two games where they need to get 3 points from each. Norwich and Bournemouth are on tap the next two weeks. If they fail to come out with 6 points it's not going to look good for the hopes of making it into Europa league next season. We shall see.

Reaction Score
A good day for the EPL clubs. Both City and United win. City has locked up a spot in the knockout stage with their win and Juve's draw; and United puts themselves in the top spot of a very tough group with Wolfsburg, Eindhoven, and Moscow...top 2 spots are still completely up for grabs there.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
USMNT Fabian Johnson with a goal for M'gladbach today v Juventus. Currently 1-1.

And a 30% chance he will never wear the US kit again.

Reaction Score
Bayern showed up today... up 4-0 on Arsenal, 58th minute. Arsenal will need to beat both Olympiakos and Dynamo Zagreb to have a shot to advance. Tall order, but definitely doable. As as much as it pains me, I want Arsenal to advance and win at least their first knockout round match. The EPL needs all 4 clubs to have decent results, and the Italians (Roma and Juve) to bomb if they want to keep the 4th UCL spot much longer.
Chelsea up on Kyiv 1-0. They need this 3 points to have a shot at advancing.
Roma and Leverkusen tied at 2. Roma was up 2-0. These two have had two incredible games (ted 4-4 in the first one).
Barca winning 2-0

Reaction Score
Bayern showed everyone that the talks of their demise was a tad bit premature. Damn. Not an excuse as the players have to step up when call upon; but the Gunners did not have the talent to stay on the pitch with a very good team with Bellerin, Ramsey, Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Welbeck, and now Koscienly all out of the line-up. For the Gunners, its survival mode until December when some of those bodies will be back on the field.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Bayern showed everyone that the talks of their demise was a tad bit premature. Damn. Not an excuse as the players have to step up when call upon; but the Gunners did not have the talent to stay on the pitch with a very good team with Bellerin, Ramsey, Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Welbeck, and now Koscienly all out of the line-up. For the Gunners, its survival mode until December when some of those bodies will be back on the field.
Just brutal.

Reaction Score
Just brutal.

Could be worse. Just went to a prospect meeting and the key decision maker is a UK expat and a Man U fan. Then again, she could have been a Chelsea fan and I would have blown the sale trying not to laugh :D

Reaction Score
If Spurs ever figure out how to finish more consistently they will be pretty good. And Giroud, how many point blank chances do you want?

If u asked me before this game if I'd be happy taking a point at the Emirates, I would have said yes. After watching that game, it feels like a loss.

Reaction Score
If Spurs ever figure out how to finish more consistently they will be pretty good. And Giroud, how many point blank chances do you want?

If u asked me before this game if I'd be happy taking a point at the Emirates, I would have said yes. After watching that game, it feels like a loss.

Missed the game as I had a U10 game to coach (don't ask, needed a drink after than one) and saw that ended in a draw. Considering Arsenal's injuries and after the shellacking midweek to Bayern, I'll take it .

Reaction Score
Was a decent game. Arsenal controlled first 5-10 minutes, then Spurs controlled a stretch, and back and forth it went. Giroud missed on a couple close chances, one hitting the cross bar. Czech made a few nice saves as well. Kane's goal was pretty nice (credit toRose on a perfect thru ball). Gibbs scored 3 minutes after entering the match to even it up. A nice finish, but Lloris should have made the save. A draw seemed about right based on how both played.

Giroud and Vertongen don't seem to like each other much. They were all over one another.

Reaction Score
Nice weekend in the EPL ;). Love that Leicester is top of the table. I don't think they'll remain there, but would love to see them finish top 4, behind Spurs of course.

Speaking of Spurs, they are finding their form nicely. Unfortunate that Dele Alli picked up his 5th yellow of the season and will have to sit v Chelsea next Sunday. It was a stupid reaction, and with a 3 goal lead you can't get sucked in to the chippy stuff. Good thing Lamela comes back next week.

Reaction Score
...and Arsenal lost to West Brom 2 to 1 while the team may have more players getting rehab than those available to play. Ramsey maybe back ahead of their do-or-die Champions match versus Dinamo Zagreb; but, they are now without Coquelin (2 months, damn it), Arteta (was was in as a sub himself) who joined Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Wilshere, Welbeck, and Rosicky.

Reaction Score
...and Arsenal lost to West Brom 2 to 1 while the team may have more players getting rehab than those available to play. Ramsey maybe back ahead of their do-or-die Champions match versus Dinamo Zagreb; but, they are now without Coquelin (2 months, damn it), Arteta (was was in as a sub himself) who joined Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Wilshere, Welbeck, and Rosicky.
Poor Santi. One of the Gunners I actually like.

Reaction Score
Poor Santi. One of the Gunners I actually like.

Thanks; but, please be careful. Statements like that could get you hurt nowadays, kind of like a Democrat and a Republican going out for lunch together in DC nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom