Big Thursday matchup: Louisville at Florida State (ACC Network, 7p ET) | The Boneyard

Big Thursday matchup: Louisville at Florida State (ACC Network, 7p ET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Should be a good game. Louisville needs a good win; their best win so far is over Kentucky. Florida State looks to defend its home court and stay in the mix for a possible #1 seed in the NCAAs.

Other ACC games of note:
NC State @ Syracuse
North Carolina @ Duke
Pitt @ Notre Dame

Plebe

Reaction Score
Florida State leads 32-25 at the half. Louisville had a strong start but FSU surged in the 2nd quarter. As one might expect, both teams look great at times and sloppy at others. Intensity level is high.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
What a game. Louisville so far playing their best game of the year.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
FSU guards having some time trying to contain off the dribble. Louisville also contesting off the boards. Durr playing with a vengeance.

Reaction Score
Gah! Trying to watch this but holy crap are they ever rough. Durr should have fouled out twice but the refs seem intent on keeping her in the game. No idea why UConn didn't beat FSU by 30 points to start the season. They would win by 40 or more if they played them now, Romero or not.

Reaction Score
Close game and, for me, fun to watch. FSU pulls it out.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Happy a former UConn opponent pulled out the W here. Nice, tough win down the stretch.

Reaction Score
This might be the worst officiated game I've seen all year. The female announcers opines, "these teams are two of the best in the ACC and two of the best in the nation". I need a drink.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Other than the Tennessee loss, this was my favorite game of the night!!

Plebe

Reaction Score
This might be the worst officiated game I've seen all year. The female announcers opines, "these teams are two of the best in the ACC and two of the best in the nation". I need a drink.

The announcers are just a couple of FSU (and, by extension, ACC) homers.

One could also argue that Tennessee is "one of the best" teams in the nation. One of the hundred best, perhaps, but the statement isn't technically wrong.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Close game and, for me, fun to watch. FSU pulls it out.

I lost count of the number of significant momentum swings in the second half. It all came down to who would make the last run.

Louisville, I feel, has really underachieved this year. Teams they should beat easily, like Kentucky and Western Kentucky, they are struggling to put away. And they have struck out so far against all top-15 competition: South Carolina, Maryland, Duke, and now Florida State.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Louisville, I feel, has really underachieved this year. Teams they should beat easily, like Kentucky and Western Kentucky, they are struggling to put away. And they have struck out so far against all top-15 competition: South Carolina, Maryland, Duke, and now Florida State.

Welp... they get #14 Miami at home Sunday

Plebe

Reaction Score
Where do you think they should be ranked... I assume you think they deserved to be ranked.

Eh, I'm partly joking. I kinda feel like the rankings turn to mush right around the teens or so. Not much seems to separate the teams in the lower half of the AP poll. One night they'll look legit and the next they look like Tennessee. The fact that Miami couldn't even stay close with FSU playing at home, while Louisville took FSU down to the wire in Tallahassee, doesn't bode well for Miami heading into its Louisville game. But if Kentucky can take Louisville to OT, maybe Miami has a good shot.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Other than the Tennessee loss, this was my favorite game of the night!!

Yep- I root for all defeated UConn opponents (though ND losing would NOT break my heart), so I was pulling for FSU. And with FSU being such a close game, I like seeing them fare well as the season progresses. I had misgivings after opening night, and now I feel better and better about it.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Yep- I root for all defeated UConn opponents (though ND losing would NOT break my heart), so I was pulling for FSU. And with FSU being such a close game, I like seeing them fare well as the season progresses. I had misgivings after opening night, and now I feel better and better about it.

Nice hobby. Since we beat everyone in sight, what happens when 2 of our victims play each other? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom