Big Ten Staying Quiet on Expansion Front / ESPN Big Ten Blog | The Boneyard

Big Ten Staying Quiet on Expansion Front / ESPN Big Ten Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well all I'm going to say is, just because it isn't public doesn't mean its not happening. Did anyone know pitt and cuse were even IN discussions with the ACC before it was publicly announced?

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Well all I'm going to say is, just because it isn't public doesn't mean its not happening. Did anyone know pitt and cuse were even IN discussions with the ACC before it was publicly announced?

Plus, Nebraska was no where in the Big Ten rumors last year until right before it went down. Everyone was all over Rutgers, Missouri, etc....but no one was talking Nebraska at the beginning. Big Ten only lets information that it wants the public to see out of their rooms.

Reaction Score
UConn and Rutgers make a whole lot of sense for the BiG and vice versa, imo.

Reaction Score
After reading this Blog and then reading the posts below the Blog. UConn is not even on the radar for B10 expansion, sounds like they are hot on ND,Missouri or Kansas, but who knows time will tell.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/33445/big-ten-staying-quiet-on-expansion-front

i read nothing in this blog or the posts below it that suggest the b1g is after mizzou and kansas, and not uconn. then again, i have not read anything credible that would indicate they are interested in uconn. i think the b1g is just playing their cards really well.

unfortunately for all of us, i think the expansion show is going to drag on for a while.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The longer the B1G does nothing the better our chances become.

Shortly after the carousel ride ended last summer (B1G was and then wasn't expanding to sixteen, UT and their buddies were all going to the P-16, SEC was looking into adding A&M and OU to the west and trying to decide which ACC schools to poach from the east, Missouri was left at the alter), there was a very long article explaining the process that landed Nebraska in the B1G.

Evidently there was quite a rift among the then eleven members of that conference on how to expand. Three members (Michigan, OSU and PSU, who also happen to have by far the highest profiles in the highest profile sport) wanted to expand east (but couldn't come to agreement on who) while the remaining eight wanted to remain a midwest centered conference (some supposedly threatened to leave if the day came when Chicago was no longer the marquee city and base of operations). Nebraska became a compromise decision because it was the only school that enough members could agree upon to receive a positive vote and the B1G had reached the point where they had to announce expansion or end up with a ton of egg on their face (as Delaney played the press for months leading up to that point).

It will take quite a lot for many B1G members to consider us but the more time passes, the better our opportunity to narrow the gap.

Reaction Score
i read nothing in this blog or the posts below it that suggest the b1g is after mizzou and kansas, and not uconn. then again, i have not read anything credible that would indicate they are interested in uconn. i think the b1g is just playing their cards really well.

unfortunately for all of us, i think the expansion show is going to drag on for a while.

+1 not to mention I like the way Herbst is handling the situation as well, before today everyone was under the impression that UConn had applied to the ACC and that they were holding our fates (which still may be the situation) BUT it seems Herbst has been contacting other institutions and has yet to even apply some where yet.

That gives me the definite impression that the B1G has been contacted by UConn as far as talks or anything else, obviously no one knows that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom