Big Ten payout in '17/'18....$44.5M | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Big Ten payout in '17/'18....$44.5M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It says it gets the reports from IMG.

But UConn shows $24.8m in licensing revenue. This could include coaches' shows I suspect, and other mysterious things.

CLC is an affiliate of IMG, so IMG probably use CLC for the apparel and merchandising. I posted a link to the IMG contract a few weeks ago as to what's included under their deal. BTW, UCONN usually ranks higher (APR dampened things), but another dual national championship should see us climb the rankings come August.

Reaction Score
Yes we'll look to Iowa Sta..... BWAHAHAHH!

Every other Corn College is in the league now. Why discriminate? And look at North Dakota State. All that oil will propel them further, and they are a perfect rival for Minnesota. They've been winning the FCS football championship every year lately. They probably play hockey too.

Reaction Score
I lived through all of that in Miami, FL. Nobody cared. Florida Gators are not the team in that part of Florida. There are parts of the state that might celebrate that, but it's not South Florida.

Maybe you didn't have a lot of friends on Miami Beach, but there are tons of UF alum in South Florida. I personally know well over a hundred. I know at least a hundred FSU grads as well. If I had to rank by major schools, UM would be first, followed not too far behind by UF, which is followed not too far behind by FSU. UM has a local following, but a high percentage of their students come from out of state and return home after graduation. In terms of visibility, hats, apparel, car stickers, license plates, promotions, etc. it's has about the same representation as I stated above.

Reaction Score
I don't know the number you are looking at, but it could include Nike and IMG revenue, which includes Webster Bank, etc. I think the article represents apparel and merchandise through this vendor.

I'm not sure who all is in, but Michigan State and Ohio State are not included there.

Reaction Score
I lived through all of that in Miami, FL. Nobody cared. Florida Gators are not the team in that part of Florida. There are parts of the state that might celebrate that, but it's not South Florida.

You guys have now gone over the top b- insane. Heck, Tim Tebow was being featured AT a Miami Hurricanes game (that was well attended for once).

Reaction Score
I'm not sure who all is in, but Michigan State and Ohio State are not included there.

I was referring specifically to UConn. If you are saying that Michigan State and Ohio State is not included in the article, then it's likely they use a different apparel vendor.

Reaction Score
Maybe you didn't have a lot of friends on Miami Beach, but there are tons of UF alum in South Florida. I personally know well over a hundred. I know at least a hundred FSU grads as well. If I had to rank by major schools, UM would be first, followed not too far behind by UF, which is followed not too far behind by FSU. UM has a local following, but a high percentage of their students come from out of state and return home after graduation. In terms of visibility, hats, apparel, car stickers, license plates, promotions, etc. it's has about the same representation as I stated above.

I had tons. UM would be first. FIU would be second. Then probably Notre Dame. UF and FSU are both afterthoughts in South Florida.

Reaction Score
UF also has the benefit of having a longer history as Florida's land-grant university, whereas FSU began accepting males again in the late 1940s and starting its growth as a major university in the 1950's. FSU is clearly a national brand, but the relationship between FSU and UF is sort of like Michigan State (which is a national brand) and Michigan, at least from where I'm sitting.

Reaction Score
I had tons. UM would be first. FIU would be second. Then probably Notre Dame. UF and FSU are both afterthoughts in South Florida.

LOL. Actually, FAU is the most popular school in the universe. This thread is reaching Rutgers Al proportions.

Reaction Score
You guys have now gone over the top b- insane. Heck, Tim Tebow was being featured AT a Miami Hurricanes game (that was well attended for once).

Tim Tebow is a popular player. The NY Jets signed him to put him on the bench because of that. But the Florida Gators are not a big deal in Miami.

Reaction Score
Tim Tebow is a popular player. The NY Jets signed him to put him on the bench because of that. But the Florida Gators are not a big deal in Miami.

Doug Flutie was a popular player too. Syracuse didn't hold a ceremony for him in the middle of a Syracuse football game.

Reaction Score
LOL. Actually, FAU is the most popular school in the universe. This thread is reaching Rutgers Al proportions.
I lived in Miami for 8 years and hardly new FAU existed. FIU yes. FAU no. It's in Boca, which is an hour away. But not much traction in Dade County.

Reaction Score

Your suggestion that there are more Notre Dame alums than UF and FSU alums in South Florida is ridiculous. Go to page 16 of this document and you'll see that over 50,000 UF alumni live in South East Florida. Nearly 26% of their total alumni living in Florida. You'll find similar numbers for FSU. You're losing more credibility every time you post.

http://www.ufalumni.ufl.edu/publicdocs/sponsorhshipprogram.pdf

Reaction Score

LOL. VT has already made it clear to the SEC that they are not interested in the SEC. VT has been to 5 BCS bowls in the past decade. They know better than to join the SEC and be like the South Carolina Gamecocks who have never been to a BCS bowl and are no threat to ever go to one either. VT sees Dabo Swinney crowing at the top of his lungs about being THE ONLY school from South Carolina to win a BCS bowl.
The Big Ten hasn't been in the picture regarding VT, but go for it. That article is old BTW, and most of its predictions false.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Typical Miami crowd:

Miami_Crowd_SunLife.jpeg

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Miami vs Florida crowd at kickoff:

6_1064440.jpg

Reaction Score
Your suggestion that there are more Notre Dame alums than UF and FSU alums in South Florida is ridiculous. Go to page 16 of this document and you'll see that over 50,000 UF alumni live in South East Florida. Nearly 26% of their total alumni living in Florida. You'll find similar numbers for FSU. You're losing more credibility every time you post.

I met dozens of Notre Dame fans in Miami, and I don't think I met one who went to the school. 2 I know went ot Yale. 3 I know were from Boston and didn't go to college. They were in the Navy. When in come to Notre Dame, don't bother counting alumni, just count Catholics.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Every other Corn College is in the league now. Why discriminate? And look at North Dakota State. All that oil will propel them further, and they are a perfect rival for Minnesota. They've been winning the FCS football championship every year lately. They probably play hockey too.

Corn College? Probably????? You haven't been paying attention have you?

Just wait until GFunk sees this one... ND (that would be North Dakota) has something like 8 National Championships.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
A thread about B1G payouts has now devolved into a thread about FIU's presence in south Florida compared to the Florida gators and Notre dame.

Can the moderators please get control of this board?

Reaction Score
Miami vs Florida crowd at kickoff:

View attachment 5910

Florida and Florida State fans will drive to Miami for a game. When either play USF in Tampa, they fill that stadium too. Florida State fills up Jacksonville's stadium. Both FSU and Florida have a lot of fans in the state. They just aren't the majority in South Florida. I was glad to see the Gators play Miami last year for their usual butt kicking.

Reaction Score
Corn College? Probably????? You haven't been paying attention have you?

Just wait until GFunk sees this one... ND (that would be North Dakota) has something like 8 National Championships.

Well Nebraska is there, and Iowa is there. One of them has Corn in their mascot. Who am I missing?

Reaction Score
Florida and Florida State fans will drive to Miami for a game. When either play USF in Tampa, they fill that stadium too. Florida State fills up Jacksonville's stadium. Both FSU and Florida have a lot of fans in the state. They just aren't the majority in South Florida. I was glad to see the Gators play Miami last year for their usual butt kicking.

UConn was losing games to Providence while it was winning BE and national championships. Makes me wonder if you'd be on here crowing about PCs great program relative to UConn.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
You know who should be almost as terrified as UConn. Everyone in the Big 12 not named Texas or Oklahoma. There's no way Iowa State is going to see anything close to $40m in 17/18. It must kill OSU and Kansas to know that Purdue will make $40m for basically existing. What are TX and OK getting from ESPN to prop up that league? Is it close to $40 per?

Reaction Score

Agreed, and right now he's posting like it's the middle of next month.

Reaction Score
Typical Miami crowd:

Miami_Crowd_SunLife.jpeg
C'mom Dooley; that's a bit misleading, wouldn't you say? Miami's average 2013 fan attendance was 53,837. To show a single screen shot from a sparsely attended game from some year in the past and label it a "typical Miami crowd" is no more misleading then, oh, I don't know, showing a screen shot of last year's Uconn-Memphis game at the Rent and labeling it a "typical Uconn crowd".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom