Big Recruiting Weekend for Lady Vols | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Big Recruiting Weekend for Lady Vols

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't want to see them get any of them, but especially Tyler Scaife. I want her in scarlet!
Im from the same state as Scaife, Arkansas which is relatively small :p so its kinda sorta kinda sorta kinda close knit around this way, not saying we're all kin! Please no jokes! lol But from what ive been hearing Rutgers has a good chance on getting her! No INSIDE knowledge FOR SURE! But from the things ive been hearing Rutgers is in the lead right now, yall already stole Hollivay away from Tenn ;) ...but seriously good luck with her! She's VERY talented....beat my cousin's team in State last year.....ummm more like dismantled that team! lol

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I just want Davis and Russell. After that anything will be a bonus.

Reaction Score
There's no one like Griner, tho (IMHO) unless they are 6'7" and athletic like she is with a great handle and a soft touch with the ball. So at 6'5", Russell is nothing like Griner (any more than Stewart at 6'4" is like Griner)...

But I get your point. there are players rated #1 or 2 in classes who are like Taurasi, Augustus, Moore, EDD, Griner, KML, Williams, Stewart, etc... and there are #1 or #2 players who are like Sykes, Strother, Bjorkland, Robinson, Bone, etc...
Excellent point Eric! Russell is no Griner and not of the level of the #1s or 2s you metioned If the do get Russell though, it will help them!

Re Davis things have been swinging back their way for awhile! Her brother is committed to Tenn! I think they get Davis!

Perception is big! Picking up a Russell and Davis will along with Tucker would be a big class for them! A Scaife get would be huge! No doubt this weekend is "important" to them!
Ira

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
What about Harper? You have to want that girl! She rebounds SO well at that guard position!
Sure she would be a bonus. With this years class and Tucker already in. If all three come than next years team will be set.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
There's no one like Griner, tho (IMHO) unless they are 6'7" and athletic like she is with a great handle and a soft touch with the ball. So at 6'5", Russell is nothing like Griner (any more than Stewart at 6'4" is like Griner)...

But I get your point. there are players rated #1 or 2 in classes who are like Taurasi, Augustus, Moore, EDD, Griner, KML, Williams, Stewart, etc... and there are #1 or #2 players who are like Sykes, Strother, Bjorkland, Robinson, Bone, etc...

I am very intrigued by McCowan from the class of 2015. From what I've read she is the closet thing to BG physically that is coming along. At 6-7 she appears to have a college-ready body and is a very good athlete. She has apparently been very impressive with great upside.

KML had a very nice freshman year but I am not sure that I can yet put her into the category of those other players. I will need to see a little more from her the next couple of years. She may very well be UCONN's third best player this season, which is a SCARY thought.

Reaction Score
I am very intrigued by McCowan from the class of 2015. From what I've read she is the closet thing to BG physically that is coming along. At 6-7 she appears to have a college-ready body and is a very good athlete. She has apparently been very impressive with great upside.

KML had a very nice freshman year but I am not sure that I can yet put her into the category of those other players. I will need to see a little more from her the next couple of years. She may very well be UCONN's third best player this season, which is a SCARY thought.
McGowan is an intriguing 2015 prospect!

I also believe that #1 Steph,#2 Mo,and #4 Morgan ar going to fit into that ist category! I also have no doubt that#1
KML is going to be in that category! in her FR year she led the team in scoring and you can see her total game improving! If not for Williams she would have been National FR of the year!
Ira

Reaction Score
Alabama rolling over the Vols on the football field will serve as a good prelude of things to come on the b-ball court for the LV recruits watching the game -- getting soundly defeated by elite competition; get use to it or else find another place to play...the choice is up to you!!

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Here are my picks for the freshman splash category -Agee and Tuck!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score

KML had almost identical numbers to Williams last year, at least from a scoring perspective and she was often times the best player on the floor for UCONN (and she came off the bench). She and Williams are the two best players in their class by a pretty wide margin.

In my post I was referring to the #1 or #2 ranked players who were fantastic/outstanding vs. the ones who were relative busts given their #1 or #2 ranking. I did put Strother in the 2nd category, She had terrific numbers while at UCONN, but she wasn't nearly the player Augustus was. Anyway that was my point. I was not saying that KML was in the same league as Parker, Moore, Charles, Taurasi, etc... Too early to tell if she will be that good.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Funny who you run into while visiting Knoxville....

A5ssR4QCYAEmi33.jpg

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Peyton Manning one of the best quarterbacks to ever play. A nice photo with the team.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Peyton Manning one of the best quarterbacks to ever play. A nice photo with the team.

After he retires from the NFL, how long before he runs for Governor in TN??

:)

He could win

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Baylor gets a verbal from Breanna (Bre Bre) Hayden, sister of Kemetria (Nae Nae) Hayden. Hoopgurlz has her ranked at #82 but all who have seen her play indicate that she is lightyears ahead of Nae Nae at the same point in her career. Reported to but a much better offensive performer than Nae Nae. Getting a player from DFW Elite is never a bad thing. Here's hoping she recruits a few more DFW Elite teammates with her.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
If he was only as good as his baby brother at championships.

Reaction Score
Until Mercedes gets into college we won't know what her work ethic will be. However, based on her play with Team USA, I think she is more like Kelsey Bone then Elizabeth Williams. I didn't want to compare her to Griner due to her size and also Griner was a better talent coming out of High School then Mercedes is.

However, with that said, I wouldn't mind if she and the coaching staff were still considering each other.

I have the same opinion as you, I see her more of a Kelsey Bone

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Is it true that the LVs just signed Dwight Howard, Chris Bosh, and LeBron James? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom