Big Lineup Changes: UConn v ND 11/1/15 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Big Lineup Changes: UConn v ND 11/1/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
8-1. Worst display I ever seen by Nichols and the entire UConn team.
Nichols has been $hitting the bed now for three years on the 2nd game of the weekend after playing the first game. Its just not in his make-up/dna/drive/toolbox/mind frame/conditioning/whatever you want to call it he just doesnt have it period. College hockey only plays 34 regular season games. You dont think other teams know this statistic about Nichols and playing back to back games? Of course they do thats why the opposing teams shoot from everywhere on him.

Reaction Score
Nichols has been $hitting the bed now for three years on the 2nd game of the weekend after playing the first game. Its just not in his make-up/dna/drive/toolbox/mind frame/conditioning/whatever you want to call it he just doesnt have it period. College hockey only plays 34 regular season games. You dont think other teams know this statistic about Nichols and playing back to back games? Of course they do thats why the opposing teams shoot from everywhere on him.

He looked hurt too after doing a split in between the 3rd and 4th ND goals. Kept skating around and stretching at every stoppage in play. Surprised between that and the score, he was not pulled earlier.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
NFL Sunday, day after Halloween, World Series, the Marathon...not a good day for people to drive into the city.

I would have been better attended as a midweek game. Not that you'd get a ton of people to drive into Brooklyn to see a game that was played in Hartford the night before.

If the NCAA regional was being played, then it's a different story.

Reaction Score
He looked hurt too after doing a split in between the 3rd and 4th ND goals. Kept skating around and stretching at every stoppage in play. Surprised between that and the score, he was not pulled earlier.
By no means am i a doctor but every goalie and there are alot of them have had the same surgery and they come back pain free and better than before. Injury or no injury he just cant play back to back games. The question is can Uconn bring in a legitimate D1 goalie for the second semester if not your going to see the same results?

Reaction Score

http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/boxes16.php?mconndm1.n01

HE has it down as : 0 attendance. LOL! Pathetic scheduling on HE part.
Still, I don't want to hear the excuses, people better show up this Friday against Umass. I wonder if the other goalies may start during the Saturday @ umass game.

Still has us down as playing only 3 home games:
http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/statistics/1516/oaattend.php

#2 in attendance for conference only stats:
http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/statistics/1516/coattend.php

Reaction Score
Barclay's is actually very easy to get to from CT via mass transit...Metro North to Grand Central..4 Train to Atlantic Ave and you re right at the front door. I'm not surprised at the attendance number...ND didn't draw well in Bridgeport last year.

Reaction Score
By no means am i a doctor but every goalie and there are alot of them have had the same surgery and they come back pain free and better than before. Injury or no injury he just cant play back to back games. The question is can Uconn bring in a legitimate D1 goalie for the second semester if not your going to see the same results?
It also takes 12-13 months post surgery to fully heal. I play goalie and know a few guys who have had this surgery.

Reaction Score
http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/boxes16.php?mconndm1.n01

HE has it down as : 0 attendance. LOL! Pathetic scheduling on HE part.
Still, I don't want to hear the excuses, people better show up this Friday against Umass. I wonder if the other goalies may start during the Saturday @ umass game.

Still has us down as playing only 3 home games:
http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/statistics/1516/oaattend.php

#2 in attendance for conference only stats:
http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/statistics/1516/coattend.php
I can't find the tweet, but a media member had it pegged at about 1,000. Curious UConn still lists the game as a home game on their website, but are conveniently not reporting attendance...

Reaction Score
I can't find the tweet, but a media member had it pegged at about 1,000. Curious UConn still lists the game as a home game on their website, but are conveniently not reporting attendance...

The 3 center sections on each side of the ice were mostly full from about the ice to about 3/4 of the way up. The corners and ends were about 1/4 full (which is where I sat) while there were a few folks in the second deck and even a loud UConn party going on in one suite. Maybe 2K now that I give it some more thought.

The marathon may have scared some folks away; but, I had no issues. Drove to midtown via the Lincoln from North Jersey, parked for $19 near Herald Sq and took the Q to Barclay's, which was about a 15 minute subway ride. No real issues except for my wife's panic attack about driving in NYC. After, took the rug rats for dinner at Patsy's about a 1/2 block away. Took 90 minutes from there to get home, which is not bad. While the score was sad, overall, a nice day with the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moochi278

Top Bottom