Big East Want Pitt/Cuse Gone Soon? | The Boneyard

Big East Want Pitt/Cuse Gone Soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Interesting that some basketball schools want some breathing room, i.e., we can't look any good because you beat us all the time while you're around so get out...

Reaction Score
Interesting that some basketball schools want some breathing room, i.e., we can't look any good because you beat us all the time while you're around so get out...
Makes sense for the basketball schools. It's becoming more and more clear that the basketball only schools have the upperhand on the football schools. We need them more than they need us.

We are in the middle of a Catholic crunch. BC is blocking us, Notre Dame is playing with our heads, and the basketball only schools have us by the basketballs.

Holy crap!

Reaction Score
maybe your onto something here mets, instead of Herbst leading the charge we should just have Archbishop Mansell talking to like the pope and .

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
What's so funny is you get these basketball people aghast that UConn would actually want to leave the Big East. This isn't 1979 anymore for !

Reaction Score
Jim Calhoun is a well known Catholic, he needs to be our ambassador. Send him to Rome.

Reaction Score
It seems to me that if the basketball only schools want out, they really might have an incentive to act against the conference's football interests. If they can force the football school's to voluntarily disband, they get the rights to the Big East name. I am not sure if the same holds true if the basketball schools are the ones to ask for a divorce.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Seems to me that we should keep them around. What's the harm to the Big East if we do?

I also think that some of the potential additions, such as Temple, could use a little time to upgrade their recruiting before playing in the Big East. 2005 was pretty ragged in the Big East because the new schools only had 1 full recruiting class from announcement before joining. If Temple could get 2 or 3 Big East recruiting classes, they could be pretty good.

Reaction Score
Seems to me that we should keep them around. What's the harm to the Big East if we do?

I also think that some of the potential additions, such as Temple, could use a little time to upgrade their recruiting before playing in the Big East. 2005 was pretty ragged in the Big East because the new schools only had 1 full recruiting class from announcement before joining. If Temple could get 2 or 3 Big East recruiting classes, they could be pretty good.
It isn't the football schools who want them gone apparently. they know they need the time, just as you say. But Providence, who has a goal of finsihing 10th in th ebig East every year...it is a whole lot easier if two top programs are gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom