Big 12 to meet with 17 teams and pick 2 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Big 12 to meet with 17 teams and pick 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Will the Big 12 cede Houston/East Texas to the SEC? That area, by TV viewers of games, looked more SEC than Big 12 last year.

http://i2./sportsandswag.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/wp-1464105180312.jpg

Reaction Score
Why is Colorodo State getting so much attention and have so many fans online arguing for them? In my mind they aren't even in the top 10 candidates yet people seem to think they have a shot. If they are being completely considered seriously then we have zero shot at all, because it shows a complete disconnect where the B12 officials are mentally from where they need to be to see our value.

I think Kansas and Kansas State especially would support Colorado State. We have lots of fans in the western part of the state that miss going to our games and would like a nice little road trip to see us play again. I like the idea of New Mexico as well even though they don't get a lot of mention.

Having said that I don't think either will make it into the Big 12 even though most schools currently in the league would support those adds for one reason or another. What I'm hoping happens is that the Big 12 just adds two schools and those schools be Cincinnati and Uconn.

To me these two adds would make a lot of sense. For one it would give WVU back some rivalry games from their Big East days. It would also help the conference imo with unity. If you know anything about the Big 12 you know that divisional alignment is likely to be a sticking point. The Texas and Oklahoma schools all want to be in the same division. If you add schools like Houston or BYU it gets really dicey and there will likely create friction between conference members.

OSU will be pissed if they get bumped to the North division because a school like BYU or Houston is added. Likewise, so would OU or any of the Texas schools. If Cincinnati and Uconn is added this is their best chance for harmony within the conference. It just makes too much sense imo for the North division to be 3 old Big East schools along with 3 old Big 8 schools. There is a better chance for actual rivalry in that division because there is history. If we added a Houston and BYU and place them in the north division it's just not appealing for a school like KU. We lose all games with OU and UT and replace them with schools we have no history with, add no help for recruiting and add too much travel. Yes I realize that Uconn is very far away, but if Kansas is forced to travel it would be much better for us to go East than West. It would be better for our brand to be playing in the East for exposure than in Utah or Houston where we already have exposure. One more bonus is that it helps schools that have been struggling get better in football.

Also, I think it is very likely that KU, KSU, ISU etc haven't forgotten about the last go around of realignment where the Big East was willing to take us in are all in your corner along with WVU. It wouldn't surprise me to see the Texas/Oklahoma school allowing you guys to get in as a compromise to allowing them to stay in the old South division. Doing this allows every member in the conference something positive in expansion. Adding other schools doesn't necessarily become a win win situation for everyone. Sorry for the long post...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UConn should call their bluff and protect the Brand in the process. Give the Big12 a public ultimatum. Something like this, " UConn knows its value and all we bring. The Big12 has 24 hours to acknowledge that or we will remove ourselves from the process." This way, when they get rejected, it can be on their terms. Take control of the situation.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
UConn should call their bluff and protect the Brand in the process. Give the Big12 a public ultimatum. Something like this, " UConn knows its value and all we bring. The Big12 has 24 hours to acknowledge that or we will remove ourselves from the process." This way, when they get rejected, it can be on their terms. Take control of the situation.
Ummmmm no

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I think Kansas and Kansas State especially would support Colorado State. We have lots of fans in the western part of the state that miss going to our games and would like a nice little road trip to see us play again. I like the idea of New Mexico as well even though they don't get a lot of mention.

Having said that I don't think either will make it into the Big 12 even though most schools currently in the league would support those adds for one reason or another. What I'm hoping happens is that the Big 12 just adds two schools and those schools be Cincinnati and Uconn.

To me these two adds would make a lot of sense. For one it would give WVU back some rivalry games from their Big East days. It would also help the conference imo with unity. If you know anything about the Big 12 you know that divisional alignment is likely to be a sticking point. The Texas and Oklahoma schools all want to be in the same division. If you add schools like Houston or BYU it gets really dicey and there will likely create friction between conference members.

OSU will be pissed if they get bumped to the North division because a school like BYU or Houston is added. Likewise, so would OU or any of the Texas schools. If Cincinnati and Uconn is added this is their best chance for harmony within the conference. It just makes too much sense imo for the North division to be 3 old Big East schools along with 3 old Big 8 schools. There is a better chance for actual rivalry in that division because there is history. If we added a Houston and BYU and place them in the north division it's just not appealing for a school like KU. We lose all games with OU and UT and replace them with schools we have no history with, add no help for recruiting and add too much travel. Yes I realize that Uconn is very far away, but if Kansas is forced to travel it would be much better for us to go East than West. It would be better for our brand to be playing in the East for exposure than in Utah or Houston where we already have exposure. One more bonus is that it helps schools that have been struggling get better in football.

Also, I think it is very likely that KU, KSU, ISU etc haven't forgotten about the last go around of realignment where the Big East was willing to take us in are all in your corner along with WVU. It wouldn't surprise me to see the Texas/Oklahoma school allowing you guys to get in as a compromise to allowing them to stay in the old South division. Doing this allows every member in the conference something positive in expansion. Adding other schools doesn't necessarily become a win win situation for everyone. Sorry for the long post...
I wish your name was Bob Bowlsby.

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score
"Eighteen teams the Big 12 has considered for expansion...number 11 will shock you!"

This whole process has turned into a joke and conference realignment has taken a lot of fun out of college sports...at least for us Husky fans. It's embarrasing and insulting we are seen as equals or even inferior to Memphis, Houston, U_F, etc.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
"Eighteen teams the Big 12 has considered for expansion...number 11 will shock you!"

This whole process has turned into a joke and conference realignment has taken a lot of fun out of college sports...at least for us Husky fans. It's embarrasing and insulting we are seen as equals or even inferior to Memphis, Houston, U_F, etc.
I agree...it's the "peer group" that we are suddenly in that is making this even more a mockery. I can't wait for the Maine game....there, I said it. I am more excited about our season opener against anybody...anybody...after these last few weeks (and more) of this CR stuff.

Reaction Score
All the dog and pony show talk. I doubt any decisions are dependent upon these presentations, unless the powers that be truly are a bunch of stooges. UConn's presentation should simply be "We will consider an invitation" printed on its finest letterhead with a return invitation to the Big 12 brain-trust to meet at MSG to discuss in more detail.

Perhaps send them a link to hours upon hours of video highlights of National and Big East Championships. That should at least provide some entertainment while they pretend to view whatever presentations they claim to be watching.

Reaction Score
Ummmmm no
Nothing helps the brand more than the league that makes the most sense has no interest and the league that is desperate for a school like you passes you over with the likes of commuter schools lke Houston and Cincy. Well done. Keep doing what we are doing!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

So who was #11 that is so shocking? I mean...I think considering Memphis is shocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom