Big 12 to meet with 17 teams and pick 2 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Big 12 to meet with 17 teams and pick 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Smart ploy to have an open casting call...makes it more difficult to claim tortious intereference when they come to you.

Yeah. I really think ESPN is the one threatening that, ironically enough.

Reaction Score
The process is getting more ridiculous by the day. I am starting to wonder if B12 really knows what they want at all. This G5/P5 thing is a total joke. Congress needs to do something about that and get rid of this monopoly cartel behavior. Either that, or let every single school do their own media deals and get rid of conferences all together. These P5 conferences behave like gangs, and we are in the gang initiation phase right now.

It is so pathetic how much the B12 is like the old Big East.

Reaction Score
17, seriously. This is mind boggling. Who can watch 17 videos without going insane. I bet some of them will play to an audience of sleepers at 0300.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Also, dude, don't leave any old threads on the counter. Clean up after yourself and put any dishes you use in the dishwasher. Also, if someone has already opened a milk, please don't open another one. Lets work together guys!
Damn it, I knew it was only a matter of time before my wife got a Boneyard account.

Reaction Score
why would they have to vet everyone to be fair? It's their conference, they can take anyone they want based on any criteria.

This is a dog and pony show for the networks, and not a very good one either. No one's going to believe you're seriously considering Temple or New Mexico, whether they get an interview or not

this whole process has been very strange.

Whenever something doesn't make sense, blame it on the lawyers. It's usually our fault......

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It looks like they are moving forward pretty quickly. Big 12 conference presidents just got this via evite:

Pink-and-Black-Slumber-Movie-Night-Invite.png

Reaction Score
The best way to go about reading this board if you are new is click on the most recent page of the thread and work back 5-6 pages. That will give you the most relevant info and you'll be up to speed pretty quick.

I appreciate the suggestion, but I've been forting the eade and checking back every 20 minutes since Fishy first started throat punching people on the Hartford Court message board.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Pick me! Pick me!

No matter the result, we can be comforted by the fact we have the best combination of academics, athletics, and markets. I believe we are also the only land grant school in this dig and pony show.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
4 houses all blend into one if you look at them one afternoon with a realtor. I can only imagine how these riff raff schools will all blend together.

Reaction Score
4 houses all blend into one if you look at them one afternoon with a realtor. I can only imagine how these riff raff schools will all blend together.

Southern accent or no southern accent.

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
This just in....picture of BIG 12 officials during the presentations of Colorado State, Boise State, Tulane, Temple, East Carolina, SMU, New Mexico, Northern Illinois, San Diego State, South Florida, and UCF.

people-sleeping.jpg
I wish I could give this 10 likes.;)

Reaction Score
The process is getting more ridiculous by the day. I am starting to wonder if B12 really knows what they want at all. This G5/P5 thing is a total joke. Congress needs to do something about that and get rid of this monopoly cartel behavior. Either that, or let every single school do their own media deals and get rid of conferences all together. These P5 conferences behave like gangs, and we are in the gang initiation phase right now.

It is so pathetic how much the B12 is like the old Big East.

I'm for Congressional intervention at this point but unfortunately most of Congress appears to be alums of P5 schools or the Ivies who don't give a rat's ass about the plight of the G5 schools.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Why is Colorodo State getting so much attention and have so many fans online arguing for them? In my mind they aren't even in the top 10 candidates yet people seem to think they have a shot. If they are being completely considered seriously then we have zero shot at all, because it shows a complete disconnect where the B12 officials are mentally from where they need to be to see our value.

Reaction Score
They are going to watch presentations from 17 teams now? LOL what a dysfunctional mess The Big 12 is. Either they are truly the stupidest collection of dolts in history, or they have zero intention to expand. Its starting to feel like a giant game of chicken with Fox/ESPN in order to have their payouts increased. "Pay us X more a year or we'll expand to 14 teams with CSU, New Mexico, AFA, and Tulane and yes we expect you to honor the full extent of the contract."

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Why is Colorodo State getting so much attention and have so many fans online arguing for them? In my mind they aren't even in the top 10 candidates yet people seem to think they have a shot. If they are being completely considered seriously then we have zero shot at all, because it shows a complete disconnect where the B12 officials are mentally from where they need to be to see our value.

For whatever reason, there's a myth floating around that the B12 longs for the good old days when it owned the Denver collegiate media market with Colorado. The myth is CSU delivers the Denver market. That's true, after CU, U of Denver, Northern Colorado, Air Force and Colorado School of Mines. ;)

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Building/expanding a football stadium shows you are a "serious" football school. Even when you have no way of paying for it, like CSU.

Reaction Score
After the video conferences, they should publicly cut the list down to 8 schools or so.

Then they should announce that they need to see how the "school spirit" of each finalist measures up.

Sit back giddily and watch the madness ensue as the remaining schools do increasingly stupid things to gain admission...

Then after 2-3 weeks, announce they have changed their minds and are no longer interested in expanding.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
After the video conferences, they should publicly cut the list down to 8 schools or so.

Then they should announce that they need to see how the "school spirit" of each finalist measures up.

Sit back giddily and watch the madness ensue as the remaining schools do increasingly stupid things to gain admission...

Then after 2-3 weeks, announce they have changed their minds and are no longer interested in expanding.
Why not do it like recruits do. Have the official Twitter account tweet out the final cut list with stupid emojis next to each school. Then a week later announce how many will be selected, 2 or 4. Finally, a week later, have Bowlsby sit at a table with all remaining schools hats on them and say something like, In two years the Big 12 will be taking their talents to....(insert schools here) and have him pick up and wear each school hat. Classic television move!

Reaction Score
You are a genius...Bowlsby with hats in front of him. Putting one on, taking it off and shaking his head while tossing it over his shoulder and putting on another.

...so sublime.....so Big 12. I congratulate you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA