Big 12 Reactivates Expansion Search Committee | The Boneyard

Big 12 Reactivates Expansion Search Committee

Status
Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
All 9 schools (sans A&M) pledged all Tier 1 & 2 media rights to the conference for the next 6 years, a year beyond the recently-signed TV deal.

Great.

See, Nelson? This is the crap I'm talking about. Who does the Big East ADD? How about KEEPING Cincy/UL/WVU from the Big 12/SEC first.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
That's the line that jumped out at me too. But the other common theme here is that the big 12 is still very much unstable. Mizzou is saying, OU and TX didn't go so we're back! But... If they do...we're gone again.

Reaction Score
So that means they go after BYU, UL and WVU or UC. Every conf realignment points to USF, UC, UConn and Rutgers being left out cold. Though UConn and Rutgers are probably going to ACC that means USF and UC are going back to Conference USA. Sucks to be them.

Reaction Score
i think that usf would be a good fit into a reconfigured big XII. what a way to get back at the SEC than by getting a school located in florida? Geographically it makes no sense, but now-a-days, geography is the last thought during this conference realignment

Reaction Score
Shoot, if they really want to piss on the SEC's leg they should grab USF, Memphis, and Louisville. They've already got the FB strength to take a flyer on a Memphis. It puts them with B12 teams in 3 of the SEC states. This is war damnit.

Reaction Score
The mountain west would be wise to pick up UC and USF if they were the only ones left, would go a long way to helping them get a BCS bid.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
The Big XII will very likely go after TCU first. Other schools I've heard in the mix with various levels of actual possibility are BYU, Louisville, Cincy, USF, and Notre Dame. That doesn't mean any of these moves are actually going to happen, however.

Reaction Score
i think that usf would be a good fit into a reconfigured big XII. what a way to get back at the SEC than by getting a school located in florida? Geographically it makes no sense, but now-a-days, geography is the last thought during this conference realignment
I don't know a that the the Big 12 wants to add the 5th best college program in Florida

Reaction Score
Texas will not want TCU. L'ville, WVU and BYU probably makes the most sense. Then they're Big XII again.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
All 9 schools (sans A&M) pledged all Tier 1 & 2 media rights to the conference for the next 6 years, a year beyond the recently-signed TV deal.

Great.

See, Nelson? This is the crap I'm talking about. Who does the Big East ADD? How about KEEPING Cincy/UL/WVU from the Big 12/SEC first.

Is this my fault? I am confused.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I think with the money the Big 12 is getting, any school beyond BYU is tough to justify. With that pledge, if true, I think BYU will join. I suspect that pledge was BYU's table stakes for joining.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
They have a pecking order already established

BYU
WVU
Lousiville.

from Andy Katz:

>> Big 12 athletic directors were given a list of schools to contact a few weeks ago once it became clear that Texas A&M would be departing the conference for membership in the SEC.

Arkansas and BYU were contacted but then, according to mult iple sources, the athletic directors who were given the instructions did not reach out to the other three schools on the list -- Pittsburgh, Louisville and West Virginia of the Big East <<

Draw your own conclusions with Arkansas and Pittsburgh offically off the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom