Better Call Saul | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Better Call Saul

Reaction Score
Kim was wearing a Kansas City Royals shirt a couple episodes back after "relations." That seems to indicate Western Missouri.
Royals AAA affiliate plays (or played, until a few years ago) in Omaha... a stretch, I know.

Reaction Score
Royals AAA affiliate plays (or played, until a few years ago) in Omaha... a stretch, I know.
I fear a lot worse for Kim & Jimmy then being caught in Omaha. For her I didn't like (***SPOILER A***) Kim suggesting they office share parallel practices. Given what they showed in the open confirming Chuck's story about Jimmy sealing his Dad's fate, it seems that Kim is ignoring this advice and Jimmy will bring her law career down or worse. The fact that Kim was never mentioned or appeared in BBad doesn't mean she's gone, but it ain't exactly a clean bill of health.

Loving where the show is going, but I'm not certain they know how to write a female character. Kim is complex, but really her character traits are a mixed message. Incredibly hard worker, very important to her to be straight & narrow but also has a wild side. We know this through smoking cigs, her two scams with Jimmy and one very early kinky phone convo. I just don't think they've reconciled her wild side with her Chuck-ian morals regarding being a lawyer.
I do think its consistent though that she has a penchant to slide into subservient role with men (& big self realization of that when she calls Rich, Howard) that she is trying to break out of but poor choice to do this by half-in half-separate with Jimmy.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
***Spoiler Alert!***

How does Ernie not know to call 9-1-1?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
***Spoiler Alert!***

By the way you can use the spoiler tag under the "Insert" button (between Media and Save drafts).

maybe he just panicked?

Husky25

Reaction Score
By the way you can use the spoiler tag under the "Insert" button (between Media and Save drafts).

maybe he just panicked?
Thanks. I'll use that from now on. On this one, I tried to be careful not to give too much context.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
***Spoiler Alert!***

He probably knows how much said person hates hospitals. And then having to explain what they were doing.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Gotta say, McKean was in great form in this episode.

I also loved that Kim got it and communicated what Jimmy had to do without specifying.

Husky25

Reaction Score
I'm really enjoying the transformation of Mike Ehrmantraut. Maybe more than anticipating Jimmy turning into Saul. Really happy Gilligan incorporated that character in the show.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
It's amazing what an insufferable pr!ck Chuck is. With nothing more than an undying belief in his own infallibility (God was he condescending to his own client when it was a matter of either them or him being wrong) and complete mistrust of Jimmy, he jumps to an enormous (albeit correct) conclusion and puts his own well being in danger pursuing a crusade that if he succeeds will destroy his brother while only validating something that really does not need validation (further evidence for Chuck to hold Jimmy in contempt).

I think Kim and Jimmy are done and the last straw was this stunt. She knew the truth as soon as Chuck presented his assumption (evidenced by her hitting Jimmy in the car). She didn't follow Chuck's direction. to conclude Jimmy did what he really did do, out of loyalty to Jimmy and having a fully understanding of the consequences. She also did not take his advice in speaking to Mesa Verde because unlike Chuck, she lives in the real world (he sees this as some game and does not see the damage that bouncing a major client back and forth between representation would cause. She knows that he is far too much of a liability to her running a professional law practice.

Mike is an amazing character but the few flaws don't seem to fit. They make him almost too perfect at what he does only to have an oversight that someone nowhere near as accomplished would never be guilty of. I don't see how he could have had the foresight to prepare for Hector's two thugs breaking into his house yet not anticipate his granddaughter being threatened. I don't see how he could have pulled off the heist without realizing what the collateral damage would have been. If he didn't want to kill the driver himself he should have thrown him in the trunk and dumped him off in some alley (eyes still taped shut) at night.

All in all this is an awesome show and it's going to suck having to wait nearly a year for season three to arrive.

Husky25

Reaction Score
It's amazing what an insufferable pr!ck Chuck is. With nothing more than an undying belief in his own infallibility (God was he condescending to his own client when it was a matter of either them or him being wrong) and complete mistrust of Jimmy, he jumps to an enormous (albeit correct) conclusion and puts his own well being in danger pursuing a crusade that if he succeeds will destroy his brother while only validating something that really does not need validation (further evidence for Chuck to hold Jimmy in contempt).

I think Kim and Jimmy are done and the last straw was this stunt. She knew the truth as soon as Chuck presented his assumption (evidenced by her hitting Jimmy in the car). She didn't follow Chuck's direction. to conclude Jimmy did what he really did do, out of loyalty to Jimmy and having a fully understanding of the consequences. She also did not take his advice in speaking to Mesa Verde because unlike Chuck, she lives in the real world (he sees this as some game and does not see the damage that bouncing a major client back and forth between representation would cause. She knows that he is far too much of a liability to her running a professional law practice.

Mike is an amazing character but the few flaws don't seem to fit. They make him almost too perfect at what he does only to have an oversight that someone nowhere near as accomplished would never be guilty of. I don't see how he could have had the foresight to prepare for Hector's two thugs breaking into his house yet not anticipate his granddaughter being threatened. I don't see how he could have pulled off the heist without realizing what the collateral damage would have been. If he didn't want to kill the driver himself he should have thrown him in the trunk and dumped him off in some alley (eyes still taped shut) at night.

All in all this is an awesome show and it's going to suck having to wait nearly a year for season three to arrive.
Now THAT could have used a spoiler alert.

Remember when AMC was basically good for the occasional On the Waterfront or Casablanca? Now they are a cable TV giant.

Incidentally, anyone else looking forward to The Night Manager?

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
If that's the end for Chuck, I'm disappointed. He will have had basically the same fall as Ted in Breaking Bad.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Mike didn't cover his tracks perfectly. The truck driver may not have seen him or heard him but he did see something.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I want Fring and his beef with the guy in the wheelchair more than anything other than Jimmy changing his name.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
I'm very curious as to when we get to see Hector having a stroke and if it is a result of foul play by Mike/Gustavo.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
So this isn't really a spoiler, just speculation, but it seems like something that has a decent chance of happening next , so I added the spoiler tag. (You'll know why if/when you read it).

According to some crowdsourcing online, it has been revealed that if you take the first letter of each episode title in season 2, it anagrams out to FRINGSBACK. As in Gus Fring. That's got to be too much of a coincidence, right?

Reaction Score
I've got money on Mike to cause the Hector stroke or injury. Clearly he wants incapacitated revenge for Hector's audacity to threaten Mike's grand daughter and for making Mike be and look weak or buyable (turns out both) in front of the DA. Mike cannot live with those two things as those are the very things that his son died trying to stand up to.

I disagree about Mike covering his tracks, all they've got is a rented car, footprints and body size and the MO that Nacho figured out. But only Nacho knows these particulars about Mike's MO (because they were in play to kill Tuco so they are still at mutual Armageddon). And its simply not interesting to the plot or characters to have the cartel figure this out. It is Mike's move again.

So I think now though both Hector and Nacho have to 'go' to completely liberate Mike & family from this situation. And the Hector part has to happen in an indirect way so that Hector doesn't bring back his nephews to take revenge on Mike. Very similar to corners that Gilligan backed into in Breaking Bad & worked ingeniously thoughtful extrications.

On the Jimmy side I loved Kim's takedown of Chuck while knowing full-well that Jimmy was guilty. Perfectly portrayed how she is with Jimmy despite his flaws and that she partially doesn't blame Jimmy. And I don't think that's the end of Chuck, instead a severe consequence of Jimmy's line-pushing behavior. Point now is Jimmy has to deal with it and try to reconcile, excuse or steer into the skid. And man Kim has to know that her professional or personal demise via Jimmy's antics is coming.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
It is my guess that Mike's association with Fring arrives out of mutual animosity towards Hector. The events that transpired will lead Mike there (where he would not have gone earlier in the series). I also think they are the cause of Hector's eventual disability.

Kim knew that if she would even acknowledge the possibility of Chuck's accusations as having merit, she couldn't keep Mesa Verde as a client. Her stance (while also defending Jimmy and putting Chuck in his place) was more about career survival (as was her comment to Jimmy, which he really should not have needed to have been told).

Reaction Score
It is my guess that Mike's association with Fring arrives out of mutual animosity towards Hector. The events that transpired will lead Mike there (where he would not have gone earlier in the series). I also think they are the cause of Hector's eventual disability.

Kim knew that if she would even acknowledge the possibility of Chuck's accusations as having merit, she couldn't keep Mesa Verde as a client. Her stance (while also defending Jimmy and putting Chuck in his place) was more about career survival (as was her comment to Jimmy, which he really should not have needed to have been told).
True all, ANDif she's truly about career survival writing is on the recently renovated walls, ceilings, floors & windows that co-office with Jimmy is doomed.

Reaction Score
So this isn't really a spoiler, just speculation, but it seems like something that has a decent chance of happening next , so I added the spoiler tag. (You'll know why if/when you read it).

According to some crowdsourcing online, it has been revealed that if you take the first letter of each episode title in season 2, it anagrams out to FRINGSBACK. As in Gus Fring. That's got to be too much of a coincidence, right?
Wouldn't be the first time the writers have hidden messages in episode titles. In season 2 (the one with the place crash) there are episodes titled "Seven Forty Seven", "Down", "Over," "ABQ"

Reaction Score
The car, for sure.
At least in the episode in which Mike gets involved with Tuco, he is driving a black car. Car he used for the truck was blue. Probably a rental.

Besides, if they did somehow find out it was Mike, without killing everyone (which we know he doesn't as all the characters [.....minus Nacho.....] appear in Breaking Bad) he would not be able to be (alive) in New Mexico long enough to make it to Breaking Bad.

So maybe Mike crosses the threshold from Batman to BB Mike by having to kill Nacho.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom