Beth Mowins & Stephanie White How UConn Won. | The Boneyard

Beth Mowins & Stephanie White How UConn Won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
As Mowins noted, it's going to be a long time till UConn plays another game out of CT before heading to Louisville or Lincoln.

U

UCONNfan1

I don't get why people seem to think that L'ville won't get a 1 seed if they lose to UCONN 3 times. They'd end up with 4 total losses for the season, and at the moment, the only teams with less losses are WVU, UCONN, ND and Stanford.

Then again, maybe it's the incredibly soft schedule played by L'ville this year. Like SC, they backed into the #3 ranking because they beat no one in the top 10, losing to #7 (at the time) Kentucky...

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I'm a pretty good lip reader and it appeared to me Watz said to Geno as they shook hands "thanks for calling the time out".

Reaction Score
To make Louisville the #2 in UCONN's bracket would mean that they were the 4th, number 2 team in the nation... ideally if the s curve is legit. They are no way the 4th 2 seed... i.e. the 8th team in the nation. I want to see them in Notre Dames bracket ;)

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
To make Louisville the #2 in UCONN's bracket would mean that they were the 4th, number 2 team in the nation... ideally if the s curve is legit. They are no way the 4th 2 seed... i.e. the 8th team in the nation. I want to see them in Notre Dames bracket ;)
The committee doesn't use the S-curve anymore, and haven't for several years. They use the G-curve, and therein lies the problem. The G-curve uses geography to place the highest ranked seed in the closest geographical bracket. So because UConn is the top 1-seed, they get placed in Louisville due to the Yum Center's proximity to Storrs, unless Louisville is a 1-seed themselves, in which case Louisville gets to keep their own regional. Then the Huskies would get bounced all the way out to Lincoln, because Notre Dame is a 1-seed and so they get the South Bend regional. Of course Lincoln would be best for UConn, as they could avoid a 4th match-up with Louisville until the FF.

There is NO chance that Louisville ends up in the South Bend regional because the Cardinals are hosting, so they will be in Louisville. But I think Notre Dame matches up very well with Louisville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom