Best Wishes to Coach P | The Boneyard

Best Wishes to Coach P

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
That's some scary stuff and brave of her to post such an unfiltered picture - pretty raw image. Prayers to her for a quick "recovery". Melanoma is a tricky and insidious opponent.

Reaction Score
Sorry ... didn't expect the picture to be posted too.... :(

Reaction Score
I could be wrong and I am sure many will tell me if so. First I wish nothing but the best for coach P, but I have never, ever seen a surgical incision on a area that was not shaved first. I have been around long enough to experience several myself and those of others. Also had dogs with surgeries over the years who have never come out of it with out the area being shaved. This is strange to say the least.
Then again maybe that degree from Duke is not all cracked up to what it is supposed to be. ;)
What ever it is I wish her a speedy and full recovery asap....

Reaction Score
Ick. Melanoma can be very very nasty. Hopefully caught in time.

Reaction Score
Ick. Melanoma can be very very nasty. Hopefully caught in time.
Melanoma, commonly called a 'Pigmented Tumor. Can be hereditary or acquired, such as 'too much sun'. Very carcinogenic. I knew a women who informed me that her husband had said 'tumor in the eye'. The eye had to be enucleated. Because, I left the area, final outcome not known. You notice in the picture on the left, that is why I, most often, am wearing a hat !

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
My humanity will always outweigh my fandom. Good luck and speedy recovery Coach P. My prayers are with you!

Reaction Score
As a melanoma survivor, I know how scary the verdict can be. The best way to avoid the worst outcome is to keep an eye on any changes in moles on your body. Early detection is the best chance for survival. If you have cancer in your family, you might want to have a dermatologist look you over periodically. That's what I did. I had no idea going in that anything was wrong, and I was completely taken aback by the news that my almost invisible mole was malignant. Slather on the sun cream to avoid getting the skin burned. Keep an eye out for anything that looks strange. Neglect here can be fatal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom