Best way to watch YouTube tv? | The Boneyard

Best way to watch YouTube tv?

Reaction Score
Looking to cut the cord. I have xfinity internet and tv. Looking to get YouTube tv. I don't have smart tvs. What is the best way to do this? Should I keep xfinity internet and get xfinity flex, or keep xfinity internet and a stick, or get a couple new smart tvs, or something else? All opinions welcomed.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Looking to cut the cord. I have xfinity internet and tv. Looking to get YouTube tv. I don't have smart tvs. What is the best way to do this? Should I keep xfinity internet and get xfinity flex, or keep xfinity internet and a stick, or get a couple new smart tvs, or something else? All opinions welcomed.
Buy a smart TV already. You can a good one cheap. But what I did for my perfectly fine non-smart TV was buy a soundbar with Roku and access YTTV with that. In fact, when I finally bought a smart TV I still use the sound bar because it's sounds better than the TV alone.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don't use the native features of my TVs, except the TCL Roku TVs. Get a Roku or a Firestick. I also use my XBox. But a TV that doesn't have smart TV features has to be incredibly old.

Reaction Score
I second the Roku. I have a Roku Streaming Stick+ on a 15 year old plasma and it works flawlessly. Great PQ too. My daughter has a Sharp TV with built in Roku and again, it's flawless.

I have a Samsung smart TV and a Sony smart TV, both under five years old, and the smart features are plagued with problems, YouTubeTV being the worst offender.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
One additional point, if you get Roku or Firestick, get the newer 4k version. The sticks have more memory and better processing power, so reduce lag and respond more quickly.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I second the Roku. I have a Roku Streaming Stick+ on a 15 year old plasma and it works flawlessly. Great PQ too. My daughter has a Sharp TV with built in Roku and again, it's flawless.

I have a Samsung smart TV and a Sony smart TV, both under five years old, and the smart features are plagued with problems, YouTubeTV being the worst offender.
I have an LG smart TV. I don’t use it to access YouTube TV, because at resolutions in excess of standard def it lags so significantly it is unwatchable. Going through chromecast instead of the app fixes the issue, but gives me about a seven or eight second delay, which can be a hassle if you are doing the game chats.

Other apps like Hulu and Netflix are no problem whatsoever regardless of the resolution you watch on it. It seems to be a known issue with the YouTube TV app that YouTube has no interest in correcting.

Reaction Score
I have an LG smart TV. I don’t use it to access YouTube TV, because at resolutions in excess of standard def it lags so significantly it is unwatchable. Going through chromecast instead of the app fixes the issue, but gives me about a seven or eight second delay, which can be a hassle if you are doing the game chats.

Other apps like Hulu and Netflix are no problem whatsoever regardless of the resolution you watch on it. It seems to be a known issue with the YouTube TV app that YouTube has no interest in correcting.
I have a few second delay already, which IS a hassle if you are doing the game chats. :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom