Best interactions with opposing fans. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Best interactions with opposing fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
The total opposite of Oklahoma fans..

Your post got me thinking. Ive been to a ton of UCONN road games over the years in numerous far flung venues and have at least a minimal memory of the opposing teams fans from every one. Except for..................Oklahoma. I honestly can't remember interacting with one single OK fan the entire 6 or 7 hours we spent in/around the stadium in Glendale. That's weird. It just occurred to me but I seriously don't have a single memory that includes a sooner fan. Their band and cheerleaders, yes. Fans, no.

Reaction Score
I think there are horrific fans in every fanbase, including our own (I vividly remember BC visiting the rent, and UCONN fans screaming at a man and his young grandson for no reason aside for the fact they wore BC shirts).

I have encountered good and bad fans from pretty much every team we have faced. I was treated very well at BC in the section I sat at, lots of good natured ribbing. And the BC fans even let me partake in the various bottles they snuck into the stadium. West Virginia fans were really cool, nothing like their couch burning reputations.

Reaction Score
The South Carolina fans at the Papa John's Bowl were great -- even after the game. Very classy.

Never would of thought that. PJ Bowl was the only one I've missed so far and unfortunately for me was probably our best one of them all. Those fans talked so much on the ESPN boards, it was ridiculous. Even after the game they continued for at least a couple of weeks. I would of thought they would of been a bunch of self absorbed SEC d'bags.....

Reaction Score
Lunch time we sat near a table of Oklahoma fans and they seemed ok but not overly friendly. After the game a fan asked us who was # 48 . We said the Sherminator. That was the extent of our interacting with them.

I think they were somewhat pompous and maybe not too happy to be playing us. Another cold day, thank goodness it was inside.

Reaction Score
I had a good time with Oklahoma fans at the Fiesta Bowl. They were all very nice to me and my wife...can't say anything bad about them

Reaction Score
I've always enjoyed WVU fans, football, basketball, even women's basketball.

Louisville fans have been fine. I had some good laughs with USF fans during their first Rent visit. They were not ready for the cold and we kept telling them to come back in February. They politely declined our invitation...

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I'll always remember our first game vs WVU at the Rent. On our way out of the stadium a group of 4 of them stopped me and my buddies and said that we have some of the best home fans they've experienced. Said they go to about 2 games a year away from WVU and would definitely come back to UConn.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
At the 03 game at NC State we drove through the night directly into a parking lot. It was cold and drizzly early and the State fans next to us invited us over for chili in bread bowls.

Then after Edsall gave the game away... Instead of being furious their best team in forever almost got beat by UConn after the game I had Wolfpack fans telling me they were impressed and surprised by how good they were.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'd have to dig up the pictures but a Wake Forest fan ended up wearing my wife's UConn bra during the Giants/Patriots game after the bowl game. I have no idea what bar it was but after they took down the big screen the best song the cover band played was Country Roads.

Reaction Score
i have to say, when i went to WV after the Jazz incident, best college football road trip ever.. i remember me and my buddies were explaining to some WV fans how to play flip cup.. another WV fan came up and asked his friend how to play, his buddy said, "You see, you flip the cup, like your fingering a woman.." Quote of the century

Reaction Score
One brightside of the new conference...southern schools seem to have great fans!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom