Best interactions with opposing fans. | The Boneyard

Best interactions with opposing fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Given the ugliness going on between some RU visitors and our fans I'd like to flip the topic a bit.

What fans do/did you enjoy tailgating and/or spectating with? I wasn't fortunate enough to go to either game but I hear that ND and Michigan fans were very good hosts. My favorite guests at the Rent have been from ISU and NC State. Even had some drinks with ISU fans at Boston's in Manchester post game.

There are probably threads like this but IT.

Reaction Score
My favorite are wvu fans. Fun,rowdy and hatred of pitt makes an enjoyable time. Also where else can you experience fried bologna, (Pretty good) Also tOSU fans are pretty fun.

Reaction Score
UNC fans have been nice both at the Rent and in Ford Field. (Butler fans in Houston were honestly some of the worst).

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Notre dame football fans were by far the best. Michigan state fans at the final four in Detroit were something akin to 70,000 walking, talking, annoying hemmorrhoids. Kentucky basketball fans in Maui were those same hemmorrhoiids when itchy and inflamed

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
ND fans were great. They seemed to know that we were helping Charlie out the door, etc.

Maryland fans were good fans around me, not annoying or rude. We had fun around where we sat (300's).

Reaction Score
I'll never forget the rutgers fan in redlot asking everyone "How's jazz doin'" I just kept thinking they have a special place in hell for these people and its called Newark....

Reaction Score
Norte Dame fans were by far the best I have ever encountered. As much as we hate the Domers, the tradition and history is far beyond comprehension unless you've experienced it. I'm glad I dished out the 2k to go to that one. Maryland fans were very cordial as well, I had a great time down there. Only problem I've ever had at an away game was in Chapel Hill which actually surprised me. I was sitting in low seats with UNC season ticket holders and the interaction was not a good one. The game that surprised me was West Virginia a few years ago. I was ready for mortal combat, but they were great people quite frankly.

Reaction Score
As a UMass fan I went to the game at the Rent last year and I've got to tell you guys that I had a great time. We tailgated with long time UConn season ticket holders that my wife works with at UConn and sat with a crowd of die-hard Husky fans. They all could not have been nicer or more fun to party with. Of course, it's easy to be cordial when you're winning like you guys won. But of all the games I've been to over the last 3 decades, the crowd at the Rent ranks way up there for me.

Reaction Score
WVU fans were the nicest in my experience. I'm sure it would be different on the road but at the Rent it was all good. Maybe it was because they always beat us (until that last game of course).

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Norte Dame fans were by far the best I have ever encountered. As much as we hate the Domers, the tradition and history is far beyond comprehension unless you've experienced it.

That was true for me. It did have a bit of a Stepford feel, though.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
The comments about UNC are likely legit - the worst experience I had in my 4 years of band was in Greensboro against UNC in the Elite 8. Cursed at, things thrown at us, etc.

Reaction Score
The Notre Dame fans I spoke to and tailgated with seemed clueless about their team and oblivious to their game day opponent. I met a guy in Linebackers the night before the game who wanted to bet me. I took his bet and told him no matter what the outcome, both UCONN RB's would go over 100 yards. He asked me what their names were ...

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
My top 4, in no particular order: WVU (the way they handled the Jazz situation solidified their place), ND, Louisville (except for their womens' fans, talk about 2 extremes), and Michigan.
Cincy fans (and I live here) suck in every fashion imaginable.

Reaction Score
My top 4, in no particular order: WVU (the way they handled the Jazz situation solidified their place), ND, Louisville (except for their womens' fans, talk about 2 extremes), and Michigan.
Cincy fans (and I live here) suck in every fashion imaginable.
As much as I may have disliked their teams over the years their fans are definitely great.

Reaction Score
As a UMass fan I went to the game at the Rent last year and I've got to tell you guys that I had a great time. We tailgated with long time UConn season ticket holders that my wife works with at UConn and sat with a crowd of die-hard Husky fans. They all could not have been nicer or more fun to party with. Of course, it's easy to be cordial when you're winning like you guys won. But of all the games I've been to over the last 3 decades, the crowd at the Rent ranks way up there for me.

It was a fun event when you guys came into town, no doubt.

Reaction Score
The South Carolina fans at the Papa John's Bowl were great -- even after the game. Very classy.

Reaction Score
The South Carolina fans at the Papa John's Bowl were great -- even after the game. Very classy.
I agree. A great game made even better by the very friendly USC fans. Helped to make up for the dump of a stadium in a sketchy area of Birmingham.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I agree. A great game made even better by the very friendly USC fans. Helped to make up for the dump of a stadium in a sketchy area of Birmingham.

Yes, they were friendly and engaging. The total opposite of Oklahoma fans. One thing that hit me though is that they would brag more about the SEC than their own team. Like Rutty fans now.

Dump of a stadium? I dunno, $5.00 for a big beer means more to me that a big scoreboard.

Reaction Score

They did buy drinks all night at the Sheraton after they lost. So agreed.

Reaction Score

Other than the game. I just remember how cold it was. And I'm used to that. But was in the south. So expected warmer. Watched with dread as the shadows creeped toward us. Then it was instantly 15 degrees colder.

Reaction Score
We stayed at the same hotel as the SCMB (they used all the hot water) and met many SC fans there. At first they were nice(maybe pity) and after the game they were just as nice. Had breakfast with several

who were very gracious. Many had already left the hotel. Going down in the elevator was a hoot with the band. It was very cold, but at least we were on the sunny side for most of the day. Legion Field is a dump, maybe historic , but a dump none the less.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
I agree, they were quite nice, totally convinced they were going to kill us, but nice. I had a $10 bet with a guy a couple of tailgates down from me and he actually tracked me down in the parking lot to square away his debt.

BTW, I don't know if I've ever been colder in my life than I was that day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69