OT: - Best individual Husky performance of all time? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Best individual Husky performance of all time?

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
It was a Packer obsession.
I remember him saying it was impossible to do a crossover as low as Chris dribbled without carrying the ball. I also recall reading an article a month or two back, following his passing, in which he was quoted as saying he had not watched a minute of basketball since the last final 4 he called, in 2008. Which means he never saw the way carrying calls have evolved over the past decade, plus.

Reaction Score
Time for Jordan to add his name to this list over the next month. I see a 36 pt. drop soon.

Reaction Score
90% of Boneyarders are probably too young to remember the reference. Some of us (me) are too old to remember whether it was Packer or Vitale who said it. I THINK it was Packer.
Absolutely Packer (RIP) - fought with the twit at midnight on the subway platform following a long Friday at the BE Tournament - tried his best to mansplain carry to me - my husband and oldest nephew were laughing behind me because I just kept giving it right back. He was asking what line to get on to get back to Grand Central - should have sent him to the Bronx

Reaction Score
Great game live. Juan Dixon and Lonnie Baxter were tough, no question.

"Wow, what a matchup in Syracuse! Maryland and Connecticut battled down to the wire. Maryland's Gary Williams and UConn's Jim Calhoun matched moves and their teams gave their all. It was a Maalox Masher that wasn't decided until the final minute.
In the end, it came down to Maryland's seniors coming through. Guard Juan Dixon hit big shot after big shot down the stretch, and center Lonny Baxter was a force inside with UConn diaper dandy Emeka Okafor in foul trouble."

"Second-seeded UConn stayed in the game thanks to sophomore Caron Butler, who had 26 of his 32 points during a second half in which
neither team lead by more than three points from the 14-minute mark until the final 36 seconds."

Didn’t Blake hit the biggest shot a three with the shot clock running out?

Reaction Score
Steve? Blake, won the game with that shot. The fact they won the Title made it all the worse.

Reaction Score
Sneaky great 1 gamer: Ricky's scoring burst to start NC game along with the dominant D on Langdon,

'Stones played Hartford same night. I had to switch concert dates. Quite the 2 night stand. Plus, Keith is apparently still living:confused:.(in Weston)

Reaction Score
Aside from the fact that no-one considered Schenscher a major star, following the thriller with Duke in the semi-final game, the Georgia Tech game wasn't close enough to bring the excitement. But Emeka did have what I considered his best block of the year in that game.
Yeah star overstating it Schenscher-I just saw his stats, but Emeka's performance in that game was excellent. It seems like UConn fans don't remember it as much because the game was a blowout or never really in doubt..

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Far from the top but to be different I’m going with Jalen Adams AAC tournament in 2015-2016. 22 pts 8 rebs 2 asts 1 stl 2 blocks.

Hit clutch shot after clutch shot down the stretch as a freshman including the memorable 3/4 court buzzer beater to send us to 2OT.

Caron or Kemba are probably the right choice here though. Kemba has so many games to choose from that year.

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
For a tournament :
Kemba in New York for the BE Tourney was beyond belief. Averaged 30 plus made clutch shot after clutch shot.
For a game :
*Donyell 40 pts vs St Johns
Guys have scored more but not against as formidably opponent.
Notable NCAA heroics in a losing cause
Ray vs UCLA in 1995 36 pts 9 reb. or Caron vs Maryland 34 pts
Toby Kinmball 28 rebounds vs St
Joes in the NCAA tournament
*Bill Corley 51 Pts vs record
For a Season:
The most unbelievable year that is beyond comprehension.
Art Quimby 1954-55
Averaged
23 pts 24 rebounds per game
. Although guys in his day were smaller he was probably a little below average in height..
He also once got 40 rebounds in a game against BU . How is that possible in the days before a shot clock.
Navav’s
138 steals in one year
Burrell’s 300+ for a career are also notable

I thought donyell dropped 42– I was at that game and remember it matched his number.
But I’m old and really don’t feel like looking it up.

Reaction Score
Yes but he carried the ball…..
Yes and no, I remember Packer going nuts on the air about it but the refs never agreed. It was very suttle. You would think if other players saw that, then all of them would’ve been doing it?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom