Best Double Play Ever? | The Boneyard

Best Double Play Ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That play in the second inning was amazing, Sox versus Rays

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Heads up play by Loney.

Boy, was that game painful to watch. I think I know why Maddon did it (Nothing to lose, would have everyone available for a potential game 5, keep the Sox off balance, etc.), but that is classic over-managing. I could have watched an inning maybe and inning and a half more if not for all the pitching changes. At the end of the day, most middle relievers on a small budget club are so because they aren't effective starters and can't close. At some point, Maddon was going to run out of effective pitchers.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Farrell out-manages Maddon but Maddon is a genius. He finishes 12 games ahead of Girardi and Girardi gets a big raise. Madness.

Reaction Score
Farrell out-manages Maddon but Maddon is a genius. He finishes 12 games ahead of Girardi and Girardi gets a big raise. Madness.

You keep thinking along those lines........Farrell's team outhit a team that can't hit and who's staff was in disarray after having to win their last 10 games.........and the Rays can't hit............

Rays have a solid strong staff, Girardi had nothing and oh yeah as a side note, won a World Series more recently than either Farrell or Maddon - oh wait neither of them have one. And to take one out of your fans book, the Sox spent an extra 70M this year for bench players, bullpen etc etc - don't think Maddon was afforded that luxury. Let's keep it in perspective okay! JF has done a great job with what he's been given and people have stepped up - it is what it is with managers, nothing more!

Reaction Score
Maddon is a good manager but IMO he tends to over manage. Nothing wrong with what he does but I'm not crazy about his style. In the end it is the players who make or break a manager a lot more than the decisions he makes from the dugout.

Reaction Score
Maddon is a good manager but IMO he tends to over manage. Nothing wrong with what he does but I'm not crazy about his style. In the end it is the players who make or break a manager a lot more than the decisions he makes from the dugout.
I hate to second guess Maddon because he is a great manager. But I did not understand why he didn't start Archer instead of Hellickson since he had so little confidence in him. Maybe Sinkhole can give us some insight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom