Best cable provider for the games? | The Boneyard

Best cable provider for the games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
I was researching the web to see who would carry all the games (non-dish, I live in an apartment) and found that Frontier Fios supposedly has them all. I looked at Xfinity-Comcast and it didn't look like they carry Big Ten Network. I would really like to have all the games because I record them and sometimes share with uconnhuskygames.com.

Are these true statements and can anyone share their experiences with these two cable providers?

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I would have to take a look. Here in the Hershey, PA area Penn State is the school. I am positive that Xfinity carry's The Big Ten Network. Any Network that offers UConn BB is the best. Hell, if push comes to shove, have a neighbor or family member stand on the roof holding a broken rabbit ear antenna with a hot dog on it for reception. I am sure there are some who remember those days.

Reaction Score
My best suggestion would be to move from your apartment into a house or condo and get Direct TV.

You've just gotta commit

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Cox has the BTN available, but needs an additional subscription I don't have.

Reaction Score
Comcast $10 a month extra gives you BTN, NFL Red Zone, CBS Sports (UConn games), SECN, Fox Sports 1, PAC 12, and a few more channels. It's annoying to pay more, but in my opinion it's worth it. Red Zone is awesome for fantasy football, too.

Reaction Score
I was researching the web to see who would carry all the games (non-dish, I live in an apartment) and found that Frontier Fios supposedly has them all. I looked at Xfinity-Comcast and it didn't look like they carry Big Ten Network. I would really like to have all the games because I record them and sometimes share with uconnhuskygames.com.

Are these true statements and can anyone share their experiences with these two cable providers?
How many cable companies do you have access to ? In most locations, you get what you get, not much choice. The only caveat to that is in places where Verizon had installed the FIOS infrastructure. BTW, where do you live ? Verizon only sold some of their FIOS operations to Frontier. CT, MA, NY not included.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Comcast $10 a month extra gives you BTN, NFL Red Zone, CBS Sports (UConn games), SECN, Fox Sports 1, PAC 12, and a few more channels. It's annoying to pay more, but in my opinion it's worth it. Red Zone is awesome for fantasy football, too.
$10 extra to what, any cable package can add those for just 10? I have the xfinity basic cable plus a few extended channels package.

Reaction Score
i was able to see all the games with Frontier..even the battle for Atlantis which was on some goofy station

Reaction Score
$10 extra to what, any cable package can add those for just 10? I have the xfinity basic cable plus a few extended channels package.
It's just a separate sports package. It runs basically from the start of football season until the end of March Madness. So $60 total per year.

UConn_Top_Dog

Reaction Score
How many cable companies do you have access to ? In most locations, you get what you get, not much choice. The only caveat to that is in places where Verizon had installed the FIOS infrastructure. BTW, where do you live ? Verizon only sold some of their FIOS operations to Frontier. CT, MA, NY not included.

I live in Salem, CT. The only non-dish providers I can choose from is Atlantic Broadband (def a no go... they are pathetic. You would think they would carry CBS Sports Network in CT but they are oblivious apparently to the love affair people in this state have with UConn Basketball), Xfinity-Comcast (Sounds like a winner), and Frontier FIOS (I need to do more research on them, not sure what they offer since their website is crap).

Reaction Score
I live in Salem, CT. The only non-dish providers I can choose from is Atlantic Broadband (def a no go... they are pathetic. You would think they would carry CBS Sports Network in CT but they are oblivious apparently to the love affair people in this state have with UConn Basketball), Xfinity-Comcast (Sounds like a winner), and Frontier FIOS (I need to do more research on them, not sure what they offer since their website is crap).

Atlantic Broadband recently added cbs sports network. It's channel 425.

UConn_Top_Dog

Reaction Score
Atlantic Broadband recently added cbs sports network. It's channel 425.

Yeah I saw that. I still ended up going with Xfinity X1 Preferred Double Play with Sports Entertainment Pack. They are coming Saturday to install it. Can't wait for the season to start!

Reaction Score
Is there a TV schedule yet? How many games are on SNY? I'm moving to MA in 2 months and will lose SNY in favor of CSN on DirecTV. I know most of the games are on ESPNU and CBSSN now right?

Reaction Score
Now I'm seeing that about the first 10 games outside of the preseason tournament are on SNY? Are they on ESPN3 at the same time as well?

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Now I'm seeing that about the first 10 games outside of the preseason tournament are on SNY? Are they on ESPN3 at the same time as well?
Yes, all SNY games are on ESPN3.

Reaction Score
Is there a TV schedule yet? How many games are on SNY? I'm moving to MA in 2 months and will lose SNY in favor of CSN on DirecTV. I know most of the games are on ESPNU and CBSSN now right?
I live in Boston and with the Comcast Xfinity Sports package I get SNY, CBSS, and ESPNU. Never miss a game.

If you want to keep directv you can just call them up and they'll charge you a little extra for SNY. That's what I used to do in the past when I had directv.

Reaction Score
Frontier... They get every UConn game. Plus they get channels others providers don't have.

Reaction Score
I live in Boston and with the Comcast Xfinity Sports package I get SNY, CBSS, and ESPNU. Never miss a game.

If you want to keep directv you can just call them up and they'll charge you a little extra for SNY. That's what I used to do in the past when I had directv.

No point in keeping SNY on DTV because the Mets games will just be blacked out all season right?

I see that the 1-team MLB Extra Innings package is $85, I guess I could stomach that?

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

Check and see who is actually available in your apartment. I doubt you have a choice outside of a single cable company and frontier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom