Bennett, Green, Mateas, Masters, Friend | The Boneyard

Bennett, Green, Mateas, Masters, Friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Backed up by Masters, Bullock, Bockeloh, Cruz, Hemingway.

Actually the two deep is empty behind Bennett but I assume that means that Masters becomes LT and Cruz moves up at RG.

Some surprises for sure.

Reaction Score
Never mind I found it.

I don't see many surprises at all. The biggest one is Delehunt ahead in front of Griffin, but I'll believe that when I see it.

Other things of note.....Campenni gets the start at DT, Hypolite wins the backup RB job, and Wilman has worked his way onto the 2 deep for what I believe is the first time ever for him. I'm not surprised at the OL at all. If Bennett goes down Masters shifts and Bullock or Cruz slide in at RG.

Reaction Score
Never mind I found it.

I don't see many surprises at all. The biggest one is Delehunt ahead in front of Griffin, but I'll believe that when I see it.

Other things of note.....Campenni gets the start at DT, Hypolite wins the backup RB job, and Wilman has worked his way onto the 2 deep for what I believe is the first time ever for him. I'm not surprised at the OL at all. If Bennett goes down Masters shifts and Bullock or Cruz slide in at RG.
I'm surprised that Hemingway at 262 made the two deep.

Reaction Score
I'm surprised that Hemingway at 262 made the two deep.

I guess so. I would've thought Gifford would've been listed somewhere because he has good size. But I still think that barring disaster we only see 7 kids play meaningful minutes on the OL.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I guess so. I would've thought Gifford would've been listed somewhere because he has good size. But I still think that barring disaster we only see 7 kids play meaningful minutes on the OL.
I'm guessing that a handful of the names on the two deep are there as messages to a few guys who we expected to be there but are not.

I also believe that we will see quite a few OLine combinations in the second half Thursday evening (if we aren't in position to, it may be a long season).

Reaction Score
Keep in mind if either OT goes down, the move is shift Masters over and slide a guard up. Hemingway will be a star before he is done. Moreover, I don't see any changes in ANY weights since spring, so not sure I would put too much in to any of it.

Reaction Score
Keep in mind if either OT goes down, the move is shift Masters over and slide a guard up. Hemingway will be a star before he is done. Moreover, I don't see any changes in ANY weights since spring, so not sure I would put too much in to any of it.

This. We don't know if that's Hemingway's updated weight since they didn't bother posting updated height/weight numbers at all this fall.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's crazy but the season pretty much hinges on the health of Jimmy Bennett.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You'd think they would be used to playing without him.

Well they had other players last year when he was unavailable. Since it's 1 injury back to Johnny Mac, playing musical tackles won't end well.

Reaction Score
When I saw this thread title I was reminded of Johnny Carson's old Carnac routine. . ..

A Rock, A Jock, and a crock - Gibraltar, Joe Namath and Richard Nixon

serious ups, hope all the boys stay healthy this campaign. . . .I'll say Bennett ends up all-BE.

Reaction Score
Well they had other players last year when he was unavailable. Since it's 1 injury back to Johnny Mac, playing musical tackles won't end well.
Well I hope nothing happens to anyone, but to diss the entire team is a little silly. The facts are that he hasn't done anything to speak of his entire career here. I know he has been hurt, but that happens, and they all have to step up if someone goes down. Having him playing will probably help us, but not having him playing won't doom the season.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well I hope nothing happens to anyone, but to diss the entire team is a little silly. The facts are that he hasn't done anything to speak of his entire career here. I know he has been hurt, but that happens, and they all have to step up if someone goes down. Having him playing will probably help us, but not having him playing won't doom the season.

Who is dissing the entire team. It was easier to overcome the loss of Bennett when Hurd and Petrus were on the team. They will have a hell of a time keeping quarterbacks healthy without him. I like Johnny and all, but if he's the starter for a long stretch, the season will be a disappointment.

Reaction Score
Who is dissing the entire team. It was easier to overcome the loss of Bennett when Hurd and Petrus were on the team. They will have a hell of a time keeping quarterbacks healthy without him. I like Johnny and all, but if he's the starter for a long stretch, the season will be a disappointment.
That was you dissing them. Saying the entire season depended on the health of Bennett.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
That was you dissing them. Saying the entire season depended on the health of Bennett.

Well unless they have tackles and quarterbacks I'm unaware of, I believe it does. It doesn't matter how good anyone else is if you can't block anyone long enough for them to do something.

Reaction Score
I think we can still have a successful season if Bennett goes down. But, if he does, we have to hope Masters and Friend stay healthy, because after that I have no idea what we have at tackle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom