Benedict's qualifications for his HC hire | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Benedict's qualifications for his HC hire

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
How about Skip Holtz? Program builder with high scoring offense. Always liked him and thought he did a good job at UCONN. Bring him back if Moorhead is out.
So we forgive Skip but not Randy? Skip bailed on us, maybe not a classlessly as Randy, but he left at a critical time. If Randy had sucked more, Skip might have been a pretty well hated guy.

Reaction Score
I didn't say I was upset. We were getting the kickoff to start the second half. What Edsall did was perfectly reasonable. But Moorhead's Uncle was clearly upset. He talked about how Edsall tied his hands--and not just during that drive. It's the same complaint Tyler Lorenzen made when I asked him how he felt about Ambrose calling so many conservative plays. His response? "It's not Ambrose". You can argue whether that level of offensive control allowed us to compete during Edsall's tenure, but if its high octane offense you're looking for, Edsall (or his ilk) is not the guy you want in charge.

I was with you in Toronto and I can still remember the look on Tyler's face when you asked him that question. Ugh....

I was also at the Pitt game you mentioned and can remember leading, going into the 4th quarter, and they played "Sweet Caroline" between quarters and the whole stadium was singing. Then we lost. Another Ugh.....

Reaction Score
Remember that DB was at Auburn during the Chizik years at Auburn. He saw first hand how quickly a program of Auburn's stature can become irrelelvant and lose a fanbase.
Benedict and Chizik were never at Auburn simultaneously. Before Benedict's 2014 arrival in Auburn, Chizik's final 2012 season ended 3-9, 0-8 SEC.

Additionally, Chizik only bought 1 SEC winning conference record (2010) and was .500 in SEC play over 4 seasons. Other than buying Cam Newton and riding Tommy Tuberville's recruits to the 2010 national championship, Auburn's SEC stature was just average under Chizik. Generally, Auburn's an average SEC program. Just the facts ...

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Well if Benedict loves crazy...Rex Ryan just got fired. Follow up one crazy coach with another.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Are there people seriously advocating for Skip Holtz not named, Skip or Holtz?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Rex won games as HC of the Jets. While not an ideal choice to run a college program, he would certainly bring a recruiting draw to Storrs along with some less desirable moments of attention.

Reaction Score
Rex won games as HC of the Jets. While not an ideal choice to run a college program, he would certainly bring a recruiting draw to Storrs along with some less desirable moments of attention.

I see someone else has the same sense of humor..........................................Yeah, they would bring in some long needed..................................................What would they bring?

Reaction Score
Are there people seriously advocating for Skip Holtz not named, Skip or Holtz?
Possibly, one rather enthusiastic women's basketball fan of yesteryear. She thought Holtz could do no wrong. Not much in the way of discipline on or off the field nor a heckuva lot of D, but Holtz's teams did put the ball in the end zone ... that box at the end of the field generally resulting in 6 points and a shot at another 1 or 2 extra points. ;)

Reaction Score
long time ties at ASU. is there some one out there that DB had ties or relationship with ? 1st time AD usually hire a person he is friendly / comfortable with. that person might not even be on our radar.

Reaction Score
how many times did the NY Yankees bring back Billy Martin ?
did not Kansas state bring bill Snyder out of retirement after replacements failed.

Reaction Score
how many times did the NY Yankees bring back Billy Martin ?
did not Kansas state bring bill Snyder out of retirement after replacements failed.

Maybe Maryland will bring him back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger