Benedict's qualifications for his HC hire | The Boneyard

Benedict's qualifications for his HC hire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is what he started to Joe D just now:
Program builder, need someone with experience who can build the recruits he brings in, great talent evaluator, needs to be able to put together a great staff, having "good successful HC experience is a good gauge for future success"

Reaction Score
Randy would be great but he would need to express contrition for the way he left.

Reaction Score
Fleck ain't coming here ... unless he wants to once again be party to the GREAT AAC clambake in Newport.

Reaction Score
better let Dave B. make the hire ! please no 10 member search committee that includes UC administration, female soccer players, and politically correct blowhards. with last ties to Auburn and the fact they just spent 3 days in Connecticut, I wonder if some sort of talks went down with his former contacts that might have made the trip under the radar?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Remember that DB was at Auburn during the Chizik years at Auburn. He saw first hand how quickly a program of Auburn's stature can become irrelelvant and lose a fanbase.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Previous HC exp, if true, narrows the list; unless Any level.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Previous HC exp, if true, narrows the list; unless Any level.

It's logical. BD clearly was in over his head. I don't care if FCS or NFL, but HC experience is needed with this hire.

Aside from bowl games, remember that the NFL season ends for most teams next weekend as well.

Reaction Score
Randy would be great but he would need to express contrition for the way he left.

I don't care how many mea culpas Randy gives. No way do I want or think he would be a good choice. True he did build a nice program but his offense was severely lacking and his bend but don't break defense was not good. Many if not most of us were happy to see him go. But the way he left was not palatable. I remember during his last season I was saying that it was time for a new coach. He had brought us about as far as he could take us. A good job but nevertheless we were not taking the next step with him as coach. Please stop bringing him us a a replacement for Diaco!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom