Benedict to be on WTIC Today | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Benedict to be on WTIC Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I thought you needed Tune-In Premium for the games but I am going to have to try it again.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I have too (well maybe not officially connected to the Boneyard) - I had a radio show for years.

I do have a new computer that would make it more plausible now.

If someone wants to kick it around send me a PM.

It also depends on other strong stations with a close frequency. Unfortunately the strongest AM station in Boston is 1030, so it makes 1080 not come through.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
gresh-side-jpg.12234

"Tell me about the rabbits, George."

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Games are blocked on the WTIC channel. There is a distinct channel for the UCONN IMG Sports Network, which works great.
Correct. Use UConn IMG radio on tunein app for games when in the car all the time because WTIC is worthless in Fairfield county.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
upload_2016-3-2_12-49-5.jpeg

"You ain't gonna be able to [get back to Boston]. They're too good, and you suck something awful." - Patches O'Houlihan

Reaction Score
hqdefault.jpg
gresh-side-jpg.12234

He genuinely does resemble Corky from Life Goes On..... And if I crossed a line or offended, then Mods, please delete.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Benedict will be on the Rob Dibble show on 97.9 at 3pm today.

While not a "UConn guy," I fully expect Dibble to be a little more pro-State U than a certain other station's interviewer.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Dibs asked much better questions than that fatarse at TIC... Which isn't hard since Gresh started off with a real UConn-insulting question in "Why this job since you were at a school with a huge budget?"

Good job Dibs and Benedict sounded like a seasoned administrator.

CL82

Reaction Score
New Multimedia deal with Fox...interesting.

What was up at the end, my wife's a realtor? Really? If you need any help on baseball?

MattMang23

Reaction Score

What was up at the end, my wife's a realtor? Really? If you need any help on baseball?

I think that new multimedia deal was referring to Auburn because it was right when he was talking about apparel deals, which is what he just did at Auburn.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Really great listen... Well done by Dibbs! Benedict was very engaging

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

I think just extending a warm welcome, maybe a little too earnestly.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Dibs asked much better questions than that fatarse at TIC... Which isn't hard since Gresh started off with a real UConn-insulting question in "Why this job since you were at a school with a huge budget?"

Good job Dibs and Benedict sounded like a seasoned administrator.

Totally disagree. I didn't hear one question about FSU, Arizona State, or (most importantly) Shake Shack. Dibble blew it!!!:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
News from the car wash is that as predicted in previous threads, B1G or BIG things are coming for this UCONN program and I stand by my source. Print that, Book that, Stamp that and thank that WF Range Rover guy for feeding what many have laughed at or may have hoped to be some what true. Since I have met the guy, every time he said something to me, there has been some sort of shake up at UCONN and within the college framework that points to not if but WHEN the announcement is made, it will be EPIC and in the face of many who said UCONN didn't or doesn't belong in the P5.

Realizing that most grow away from "imaginary" friends before puberty, I still gave it a "like."

CL82

Reaction Score
He was on again today. I only heard a bit. This guy gets it. They have hired 11 people whose only function is to sell tickets
Do whatever it takes to fill the Rent, cut prices, run special events, do targeted give aways but fill the place. It helps us by 1) improving the game day experience, 2) improves our national attendance numbers, which in turn improves our CR profile, and 3) let's people see the product, which I suspect will be much improved this year. Once they are used to the experience, they will be more likely to come back.

I love the Rent, I wish it was in Storrs, but it is a great place to see a game. 'The more casual fans we get in the gate the more dedicated fans we create.'

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He talks have been the same since day 1. I agree that he gets it. Too bad he wasn't here 5 years ago.

Reaction Score
5 years ago...how about in June of 2003 when Perkins left for Kansas! Let's be honest Hathaway and Austin put UConn in it's current predicament with CR.
Yes, you are correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69