Benedict to be on WTIC Today | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Benedict to be on WTIC Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
News from the car wash is that as predicted in previous threads, B1G or BIG things are coming for this UCONN program and I stand by my source. Print that, Book that, Stamp that and thank that WF Range Rover guy for feeding what many have laughed at or may have hoped to be some what true. Since I have met the guy, every time he said something to me, there has been some sort of shake up at UCONN and within the college framework that points to not if but WHEN the announcement is made, it will be EPIC and in the face of many who said UCONN didn't or doesn't belong in the P5.

The miserable have no other medicine, but only hope -- WS

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Rutgers had the anonymous message board poster from around 2012 telling them they would be OK. Louisville had Tony Terzi. If we have "Car Wash Guy" and WV Twitter 'Shiners breaking stories, I will never listen to the mainstream media again.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
The Boneyard podcasts could have weekly guests from the real front lines of realignment reporting: Dood, M H Ver and Flug.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Gresh is hanging on to Benedict's statement that we need to dominate the league that we are in like a dog on a bone.

Just re-listened to the Benedict presser. He didn't even say what Gresh claims he said. Gresh is claiming the quote was "we need to dominate the conference we are currently in." And he's using that to say that until we dominate the American, we won't be going anywhere.

That's not what Benedict said. He said "our job is to make sure we are competing and dominating whatever conference that we are currently competing in."

He didn't specify that it would be this conference, like Gresh is trying to quote him as inferring.

Reaction Score
Just re-listened to the Benedict presser. He didn't even say what Gresh claims he said. Gresh is claiming the quote was "we need to dominate the conference we are currently in." And he's using that to say that until we dominate the American, we won't be going anywhere.

That's not what Benedict said. He said "our job is to make sure we are competing and dominating whatever conference that we are currently competing in."

He didn't specify that it would be this conference, like Gresh is trying to quote him as inferring.
The best way to silence this moron is to ignore him. Don't pour fuel into his fire. Ignore him. He is irrelevant and feeds off of attention, positive or negative.

Reaction Score

Gresh is reinforcing show after show that this is nothing more than a temporary pay check for him. He has put in ZERO effort into knowing the market (otherwise he wouldn't be so aloof on UConn sports) and has this pipe dream fantasy that 12 months from the day he went on; that his agent will call him and say "you are back on in Boston pack your ". The best way to shut him down is not listen or tune in. Maybe when his agent stops calling him all together because his ratings tank he'll get the hint. Hopefully that's after he's shown the door because the ratings of their show are in the tank!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
WTIC is the same strength and is clear channel just like WFAN.

It's just topography and the way AM radio waves work that makes the signal so bad in FFLD County.

You can get WTIC in Canada and I could listen at night when I lived in North Carolina.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Gresh is reinforcing show after show that this is nothing more than a temporary pay check for him. He has put in ZERO effort into knowing the market (otherwise he wouldn't be so aloof on UConn sports) and has this pipe dream fantasy that 12 months from the day he went on; that his agent will call him and say "you are back on in Boston pack your ". The best way to shut him down is not listen or tune in. Maybe when his agent stops calling him all together because his ratings tank he'll get the hint. Hopefully that's after he's shown the door because the ratings of their show are in the tank!

I think the best way to send him packing is to listen a little and keep hammering away on twitter and mgmt. This is a small state, we cannot have anything but knowledgeable homers running the sports shows. Plus, his twitter reactions prove the point, he's an idiot. Otherwise, WTIC is used to silence, it wont't work.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
WTIC is the same strength and is clear channel just like WFAN.

It's just topography and the way AM radio waves work that makes the signal so bad in FFLD County.

You can get WTIC in Canada and I could listen at night when I lived in North Carolina.
Yes, I know its the same strength - 50k watts. That said, I've never been able to make it work in the Hudson Valley or FF County.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yes, I know its the same strength - 50k watts. That said, I've never been able to make it work in the Hudson Valley or FF County.

It's just how their towers are placed and how AM radio waves bounce.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It's just how their towers are placed and how AM radio waves bounce.
Tom Yawkey used to listen to the Sox on TIC. He lived in S. Carolina.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
I have too (well maybe not officially connected to the Boneyard) - I had a radio show for years.

I do have a new computer that would make it more plausible now.

If someone wants to kick it around send me a PM.
The Dime Back team does a good job. Love the idea of more true Fan talk.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Gresh is a moron. There are 50 fans on this board more capable of hosting a UConn centric radio show and intelligently discussing CRA. He needs to be sacked in the near future. The flagship station for UConn shouldn't have mouthpieces w/o a clue - it's bush league.

Also, UConn really needs some two bit station in FF County to pick up the radio broadcast. Its pathetic that the lower part of this county can't listen to jack squat for live sports radio.

I wish I could get it here in metro Boston

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I have too (well maybe not officially connected to the Boneyard) - I had a radio show for years.

I do have a new computer that would make it more plausible now.

If someone wants to kick it around send me a PM.

Podcast topics by Whaler. Week 1 - Jimmy Serrano!, Week 2 - CRA - from Eeyore's perspective, Week 3 - Diaco's Hair.....

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Podcast topics by Whaler. Week 1 - Jimmy Serrano!, Week 2 - CRA - from Eeyore's perspective, Week 3 - Diaco's Hair.....

LOL yes CRA has gone swimmingly.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I've listened to UConn games on TIC from Northern Jersey, to Albany NY, to Worcester MA. It's somewhat static-y but it comes in. I could do without the rest of the Content on TIC.

I Listen to Joe D & Gresh on my way home every once in a while and generally only if at least 3 of the following 4 conditions are met...
1) I'm driving home through a snow storm.
2) WEEI goes on commercial between the 4s and the 8s.
3) I'm not in the mood/can't find music.
4) I didn't download a podcast during the day.

About 95% of my UConn related news comes from the Boneyard and Twitter.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I've listened to UConn games on TIC from Northern Jersey, to Albany NY, to Worcester MA. It's somewhat static-y but it comes in. I could do without the rest of the Content on TIC.

I Listen to Joe D & Gresh on my way home every once in a while and generally only if at least 3 of the following 4 conditions are met...
1) I'm driving home through a snow storm.
2) WEEI goes on commercial between the 4s and the 8s.
3) I'm not in the mood/can't find music.
4) I didn't download a podcast during the day.

About 95% of my UConn related news comes from the Boneyard and Twitter.

So it sounds like I need a new radio. Yes, I know I am in a bad radio bubble, but still - I have been in all those place with no WTIC dice.

GemParty

Reaction Score
So it sounds like I need a new radio. Yes, I know I am in a bad radio bubble, but still - I have been in all those place with no WTIC dice.
All the WTIC games and sports talk can be found on TuneIn Radio app. IMG radio

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
All the WTIC games and sports talk can be found on TuneIn Radio app. IMG radio
Cool, but I thought the games were blocked. I'll recheck.

GemParty

Reaction Score
Cool, but I thought the games were blocked. I'll recheck.
JoeD tweets it all the time. I get it on mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom