Benedict Owns This Mess | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Benedict Owns This Mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
They should rehire Foley back to coach the offensive line. The offensive line is offensive, to say the least.

I sat in my seat and had to cringe whenever he went back to pass or run one of his quarterback draws.

I am going to say something I don't think will be too positive on the board but I would sit Bryant and put in Garret Anderson due to his arm strength and pocketability. Like I said something needs to be done and I think this might shake things up some. I would also replace an offensive lineman or two. That is as disappointing as anything I have seen the first few weeks.

One last thing, throw to the damn Tight Ends.

Reaction Score
They should rehire Foley back to coach the offensive line. The offensive line is offensive, to say the least.

I sat in my seat and had to cringe whenever he went back to pass or run one of his quarterback draws.

I am going to say something I don't think will be too positive on the board but I would sit Bryant and put in Garret Anderson due to his arm strength and pocketability. Like I said something needs to be done and I think this might shake things up some. I would also replace an offensive lineman or two. That is as disappointing as anything I have seen the first few weeks.

One last thing, throw to the damn Tight Ends.

BS is a tough guy but he is not a good QB. He has no patience and will run on first opportunity. Teams we play now know that and they are spying him, which is one of the reason why he is ineffective. Of course, our OL sucks so it does not help. Starting Anderson might not be a bad idea, how much worse can it get? The Cuse QB has way better arm than BS.

Reaction Score
I hate to see people be so rough on Bryant. He is definitely a run first QB but he's shown some good throwing ability too. It is a multi faceted problem because the line is terrible and that is going make it hard for him to learn to take his time and look for receivers/read defenses. He would be a much better QB if he had a good offensive coaching staff working with him.

Quick, short passes to TE's and backs would seem a good strategy with this group.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
BS is a tough guy but he is not a good QB. He has no patience and will run on first opportunity. Teams we play now know that and they are spying him, which is one of the reason why he is ineffective. Of course, our OL sucks so it does not help. Starting Anderson might not be a bad idea, how much worse can it get? The Cuse QB has way better arm than BS.

People need to cool it on Sherriffs. He's the best UConn QB since Danny O. Guy was completing 71 percent of his passes before yesterday and was an insane 23-for-26 vs. Navy when he had to get UConn back into the game with his arm. The happy feet is a legit criticism, and he doesn't have a "big" arm. but how many dropped balls were there yesterday?

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
People need to cool it on Sherriffs. He's the best UConn QB since Danny O. Guy was completing 71 percent of his passes before yesterday and was an insane 23-for-26 vs. Navy when he had to get UConn back into the game with his arm. The happy feet is a legit criticism, and he doesn't have a "big" arm. but how many dropped balls were there yesterday?
Not sure I'd call him the best since Dan O. He can't throw a deep ball and we have some WR that could really benefit from a QB that can throw deep. I think Thomas, Mayala, and Beals are being wasted with our current game plan.

Not calling for BS to be replaced because it's not all on him. I think any QB would need to scramble with the OLine we have. However, I don't think BS is the answer to our offensive woes either.

Reaction Score
Diaco is the Energy Vampire he hates. His coaching sucks the energy out of the Rent!!

And there was plenty of energy in the Rent. But after that bozo failed drive in the red zone after running three times in a row, plus the pick-six, the crowd and the game were done after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom