Behind the scenes of UConn's men's basketball run in the NCAA Tournament | The Boneyard

Behind the scenes of UConn's men's basketball run in the NCAA Tournament

Reaction Score
From Mike Anthony of the New Haven Register. I haven't read it yet but I just skimmed it. Pretty long.

Editor's note: This story is a first-person recounting of the ins and outs of the NCAA Tournament through the eyes of reporter Mike Anthony, who spent the last few weeks following the UConn men's basketball team around the country en route to the program's fifth national championship.

Alternate free access:

Behind the scenes of UConn's men's basketball run: Albany to Las Vegas to Houston and a national title

Reaction Score
Thanks for posting this, particularly the free access since I only have the Courant subscription. Comments about Geno were interesting. Glad DH and Geno get along well.

Reaction Score
(Bobby is the older brother)

That was a good read. It’s hard to get a handle on just how dizzying and busy the whole run is. The players’ and coaches’ time is so scheduled that the on the court stuff comes to feel so helpfully normal, no matter how high the stakes are. I was really impressed with how everyone, especially the players who were doing this stuff on this level for the first time, handled themselves and represented UConn.

Reaction Score
From Mike Anthony of the New Haven Register. I haven't read it yet but I just skimmed it. Pretty long.

Editor's note: This story is a first-person recounting of the ins and outs of the NCAA Tournament through the eyes of reporter Mike Anthony, who spent the last few weeks following the UConn men's basketball team around the country en route to the program's fifth national championship.

Alternate free access:

Behind the scenes of UConn's men's basketball run: Albany to Las Vegas to Houston and a national title

Brilliantly written recap. Must save and file under That Championship Season 2023. Undoubtedly to be read more than once again down the road to rekindle how special this season and final four became.

Reaction Score
(Bobby is the older brother)

That was a good read. It’s hard to get a handle on just how dizzying and busy the whole run is. The players’ and coaches’ time is so scheduled that the on the court stuff comes to feel so helpfully normal, no matter how high the stakes are. I was really impressed with how everyone, especially the players who were doing this stuff on this level for the first time, handled themselves and represented UConn.
It's wild to think that half of the guys on the roster had never even been to an NCAA tournament, and the other half had never won a tournament game. And it never phased them at all. They handled the pressure like they had been to multiple FF's already.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom