BE 4th in Conference RPI | Page 2 | The Boneyard

BE 4th in Conference RPI

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I thought we were ranked pretty high going into the Virginia game in 2007. Still think we should have won that one except for some penalties on the offensive line in the final drive.

Reaction Score
Bump. A chance for the Big East to come through. We're going to need bowl victories, obviously.

Reaction Score
I thought we were ranked pretty high going into the Virginia game in 2007. Still think we should have won that one except for some penalties on the offensive line in the final drive.

It wasn't the penalties -- it was someone snapping the ball back to Tyler when he wasn't looking for about a 20 yard loss when we were knocking on the door of FG range with a chance to win it.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately there exists a hard core group of voters who could care less. There's a fair chance either Louisville, Cincy or Rutgers ends the season undefeated. I'd be surprised if an undefeated BE team gets a shot at the championship. Certain "experts" will begin taking a dump on the BE and the "body of work" BS will start up. Of course if it was Syracuse or Pitt that would be different since they have a storied past.

I hope I'm wrong. And of course this year's WVU team is the most overrated team in college football history. They would be 4th at best if still in the BE. But that's like... just my opinion.

Reaction Score
An undefeated team From the Big East still wouldnt get in the NC even with a 1 Loss Sec or 1 loss Pac 12 team..Heck a 2 loss SEC team would get it before an undefeated BE team

Reaction Score
An undefeated team From the Big East still wouldnt get in the NC even with a 1 Loss Sec or 1 loss Pac 12 team..Heck a 2 loss SEC team would get it before an undefeated BE team
Once we sell our soul to the devil that will change

Reaction Score
speaking of the BCS, all the polls for that matter can someone explain to me how West Virginia is ranked ahead of Texas Tech, the week after Tech systematically took the Mounties apart and stomped on the pieces? Can somebody also explain how Texas remains ranked after giving up 63 to Oklahoma?
178 pts have been scored against them the last 4 games

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
It wasn't the penalties -- it was someone snapping the ball back to Tyler when he wasn't looking for about a 20 yard loss when we were knocking on the door of FG range with a chance to win it.

That's right, I remember it now. They called a false start on the play after the poor snap that really cost us field position and the game. Donald Thomas got the penalty and I believe he was playing center and also was responsible for the poor snap.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/playbyplay?gameId=272860258&period=4

In retrospect, that really would have been a huge game to have won. Wonder how high we would have been ranked going into November 9-0?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The computers put such a premium on just winning games, no matter who you play. That is how the Big 12 is the #1 conference in several computer polls despite playing a grand total of 6 games against BCS opponents. The Big East should get 3 wins against MAC teams the next 2 weeks. That will solidify the league in 4th place.

Reaction Score
I was at that game. The whole affair was a total facepalm. UVA fans seemed surprised to win and they probably felt about like we feel now in one of P's close wins.

Of course we know what happened last year. I think that may have been the last time we completely rocked an OOC FBS team at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom