Baylor's last play with less than 3 seconds left | The Boneyard

Baylor's last play with less than 3 seconds left

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Interesting how both sides didn't finish very efficiently.

Mulkey said she would have expected them to throw a half court pass the Griner and have the guards run down the wings looking for a pass. But Baylor inbounded and dribbled down court looking for a jumpshot.But Baylor had no timeouts at that point.

Waltz I would have thought would have guarded the inbound pass with a tall player to prevent a full court pass to Griner. And also put light pressure on the players in the backcourt to slow down their dribble. Instead he had one defender in the back court.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Nan pointed out the parallelism of Baylor's losses to the Cardinals and the Cardinal.
Then there is also Simm's last second, desperation heaves in the first Griner/UConn game and tonite.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Interesting how both sides didn't finish very efficiently.

That is certainly one way to put it.

The way I would put it is that Baylor lost the game before Louisville had a chance to give it back to them. Honestly, I would not have been surprised if a Louisville player managed to drown in their Gatorade bucket - they did everything humanly possible to lose. Kudos to Baylor for not letting them.

(Edit - In all that coal, that inbounds play that Louisville ran late in the game for a layup was a diamond.)

On Baylor - I think Griner took two shots in the last 15 minutes of the game and I think both were off of offensive rebounds. Sims seemed to forget the best player in the game was on the court with her.

Bizarre game - glad Baylor lost. Will move on to hoping for Notre Dame's downfall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom