Baylor vs West Virginia on Fox Sports Network | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Baylor vs West Virginia on Fox Sports Network

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Baylor goes down 71-69. WV never ahead til the very end. McKenzie Robertson 5th foul during break in action before VW shoots last 2 FTs. Odyssey's first B12 home loss ever

Reaction Score
Great win by West Virginia. Really tough win with some home cookin going against them.

Gotta think this takes Baylor out of the 1 seed conversation.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Great win by West Virginia. Really tough win with some home cookin going against them.

Gotta think this takes Baylor out of the 1 seed conversation.

I dont think they were ever in consideration. I think all of the ESPN analysts agreed that they were only a strong #2.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Sorry, but the POY doesn't have 10 turnovers including the last one that loses the game in the more than likely deciding game for the big 12 regular season championship.

Reaction Score
I dont think they were ever in consideration. I think all of the ESPN analysts agreed that they were only a strong #2.

Yup, but the bracketologist seems to be looking for any reason not to give Louisville a 1 seed so UConn can get sent there.

The best team South Carolina has played this year was Tennessee, and they just got blown out. So really Baylor was the only other option they could turn to.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out. West Virginia and Tennessee could play their way up to a 2 seed if Duke keeps faltering. Maybe even Penn State?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Yup, but the bracketologist seems to be looking for any reason not to give Louisville a 1 seed so UConn can get sent there.

The best team South Carolina has played this year was Tennessee, and they just got blown out. So really Baylor was the only other option they could turn to.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out. West Virginia and Tennessee could play their way up to a 2 seed if Duke keeps faltering. Maybe even Penn State?

No way Duke gets a #2 seed at this point..... Well.... if Duke somehow can manage to make the ACC final... then maybe so. Im hoping for a #4 seed.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I've been telling you that WV was decent - nice win, even though they handicapped themselves by hitting field goals worse than fts.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score

Just my opinion, but I think Maryland would be a better #2 seed than Penn State. I personally have NOT been impressed with PSU this season. Especially after the blitzing they got @ Nebraska.

This is a truly fun season.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Just my opinion, but I think Maryland would be a better #2 seed than Penn State. I personally have NOT been impressed with PSU this season. Especially after the blitzing they got @ Nebraska.

This is a truly fun season

Speak for yourself :oops:

It should be an exciting conference tournament season...... Who knows who will win the Big 10 and the SEC tourneys.... ND will win the ACC.... but starting on Friday... all the other games will be interesting.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
I miss having Mike Carey and WV in the conference. A good program and always well coached. (And he appreciated UConn fans, too!)

Reaction Score
Interesting battle for final #1. No one has separated themselves.

WV strong consideration for a 2.

Reaction Score
Totally agree, although if you listen to Geno when he laments the "fan calls and letters" talking about the short bench and number of scholarship players, he insists the kids who weren't offered was because they "weren't UCONN type players". I disagree on Holmes. I think he missed the boat on that one. I love Geno and wouldn't trade him for anyone, but he makes mistakes, and has done so in the past on recruiting.
I couldn't agree more with your post. Geno is easily the best coach in the history of the women's basketball but that surely doesn't mean he's infallible. He has occasionally not gone after a kid who was dying to become a Huskie and whose unselfishness and team oriented play becomes very apparent when she ends up playing somewhere else and you wonder, WHY???? I guess part of it is a gut feeling by Geno (or Chris) that the respective recruit wouldn't have the disposition to fit in based on very limited interaction. Recruiting is definitely not an established science. Thankfully, we manage to do okay despite some occasional oversights and errors in our recruiting efforts. My god, there would be a revolution if we occasionally didn't have a misfire with some recruits and ended up reeling them all in. Maybe we'd be looking for our fifteenth or sixteenth national title instead of only number 9.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Sims jacks up 30 of Baylor's 51 shots and has 10 of 15 turnovers. :rolleyes:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I couldn't agree more with your post. Geno is easily the best coach in the history of the women's basketball but that surely doesn't mean he's infallible. He has occasionally not gone after a kid who was dying to become a Huskie and whose unselfishness and team oriented play becomes very apparent when she ends up playing somewhere else and you wonder, WHY???? I guess part of it is a gut feeling by Geno (or Chris) that the respective recruit wouldn't have the disposition to fit in based on very limited interaction. Recruiting is definitely not an established science. Thankfully, we manage to do okay despite some occasional oversights and errors in our recruiting efforts. My god, there would be a revolution if we occasionally didn't have a misfire with some recruits and ended up reeling them all in. Maybe we'd be looking for our fifteenth or sixteenth national title instead of only number 9.
All you need to do is look at NFL drafting to understand the fallibility of player evaluation - those teams are spending millions on scouting and get to choose a player (no recruiting involved) and still make a hash of it every year.
And it is not just the talent and style of play that is involved but also the interaction with the other players and coaches, the willingness not to be instantly gratified by minutes, the academic fit, and their immediate family. No one questions DT and how lucky we were to get her, but in the Geno Legends with Sue, she implied team chemistry was not great in 2001 when DT arrived. For a player as talented as her, you probably take a little disruption - for a lesser player, maybe you walk away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom