Baylor Game Thread | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Baylor Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So....I know it's the second game of the season and I have never seen her play before but....Cox was the number 1 player in college last year....

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Haven't looked at the box yet, but my impression is that Nina Davis was pretty invisible until Gabby almost crushed her.

They didn't call a foul when Williams flew in and landed right on top of Davis yet the called a technical when Prince barely pushed Nurse's hand off of her. Sometimes you just have to scratch your head.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The only time Nina Davis was mentioned tonight was when Williams landed on top of her. Is she 100% because she was nonexistent on the court tonight and that's not like her at all..
UConn's defensive trademark is to take the opponent's best player out of the game and make the other players beat them.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
They didn't call a foul when Williams flew in and landed right on top of Davis yet the called a technical when Prince barely pushed Nurse's hand off of her. Sometimes you just have to scratch your head.
Gabby didn't "fly in" she was off her feet trying to grab a rebound and got bumped, then fell on Davis. NIce try, though.

Reaction Score
UConn's defensive trademark is to take the opponent's best player out of the game and make the other players beat them.
I think they did a pretty good job on the two bigs underneath also. 15 points total between them, as well as 8 fouls.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Gabby didn't "fly in" she was off her feet trying to grab a rebound and got bumped, then fell on Davis. NIce try, though.

You are seeing that play through Husky colored glasses. That should have been a foul on her, regardless of how she ended up with her ass on Davis's head.

Reaction Score
You are seeing that play through Husky colored glasses. That should have been a foul on her, regardless of how she ended up with her ass on Davis's head.
What was the foul that should have been called? Simply landing on someone as far as I know is not a foul in itself.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
What was the foul that should have been called? Simply landing on someone as far as I know is not a foul in itself.

Davis was standing in the lane and Williams came flying into the lane, out of control. She was not going straight up from a standing position.

Maybe we will see a replay and I will be proven wrong. It has happened before...like tonight. :oops:

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Davis was standing in the lane and Williams came flying into the lane, out of control. She was not going straight up from a standing position.

Maybe we will see a replay and I will be proven wrong. It has happend before...like tonight. :oops:

When was that play? I want to go back and find it on the DVR

Reaction Score

Not sayin it wasn't a foul but u can go thru any game and find 10 fouls, 5 travels, 7 3 seconds and 2 travels that weren't called. One play doesn't make or break a game. Geno had these girls ready to play...end of story

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I originally thought it was a foul on Davis for undercutting a player in the air until I saw the reply. IT was a Husky that bumped Gabby and Gabby fell on Davis. Both players were just going for a rebound.

Reaction Score
I love guard play. I love guard play. Even at times Nurse was frustaring she stull made some beauty plays. OFC THE REAL DANGER. And the game against FSU Chong.

I love how our forwards Gabby and Napheesa are so tough yet they have guard skills. I love it how they battle yet they play the game so beautiful in an athletic skill way.

I love the skill of this team. I love how smooth KLS and the whole team moves and shoots. Though KLS has to get tougher. But what a tremendous smooth offensive weapon player.

I loved NB's effort. I'm not a big fan of the big style. I love guard play -- but boy did she compete and while she isn't smooth around the basket I admire the effort.

***This year is a bonus - anything they accomplish -- my God next year -- ohh BROTHER are we going to be great-- barring injury!!!

The Real Danger reminds me of Khalid el Amin when KEA was a frosh. Wow -- I'm a big fan of passing too -- what a joy to watch her pass the ball never mind that driving scoop. Just wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I originally thought it was a foul on Davis for undercutting a player in the air until I saw the reply. IT was a Husky that bumped Gabby and Gabby fell on Davis. Both players were just going for a rebound.

Davis was standing on the ground. So the new rule is if your teammate pushes you into an opposing player and you land on her, knocking her to the ground it is not a foul, because you were pushed?

Reaction Score
And...there definitely was a phantom call on Uconn. So no they're even

Reaction Score
I love guard play. I love guard play. Even at times Nurse was frustaring she stull made some beauty plays. OFC THE REAL DANGER. And the game against FSU Chong.

I love how our forwards Gabby and Napheesa are so tough yet they have guard skills. I love it how they battle yet they play the game so beautiful in an athletic skill way.

I love the skill of this team. I love how smooth KLS and the whole team moves and shoots. Though KLS has to get tougher. But what a tremendous smooth offensive weapon player.

I loved NB's effort. I'm not a big fan of the big style. I love guard play -- but boy did she compete and while she isn't smooth around the basket I admire the effort.

***This year is a bonus - anything they accomplish -- my God next year -- ohh BROTHER are we going to be great-- barring injury!!!

The Real Danger reminds me of Khalid el Amin when KEA was a frosh. Wow -- I'm a big fan of passing too -- what a joy to watch her pass the ball never mind that driving scoop. Just wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And next year we add Megan, Lexi, AZ, et al to the mix. Primed for another championship run.

Reaction Score

Maybe we will see a replay and I will be proven wrong. It has happened before...like tonight. :oops:

Well. regardless of the non-call on that instance, the refs definitely over-reacted on the T, I agree. One instance of chippy play under the basket deserves more of a warning - I think the announcers were correct in this assessment. And the T came after the refs reviewed the tape. Unnecessary. The only thing I'll add is it was a dagger call, but not a game-changer, with the Huskies up by 10 at that moment. More insult to injury.

Reaction Score
I thought the Baylor pg was tremendous but they are very mechanical. OFC they are playing away from home. I don't liek the big mechanical teams. Thougg the pg is special. And what's up with Baylor's Cox?

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score

As always there were bad calls both ways. I agree on the tech. The Davis/Williams ummmm... "interaction" requires a reply or two before I could decide (one reason I could never ref). Nina could have been seriously hurt the way she twisted down with Gabby's weight on her. Very happy she was OK.

Reaction Score
Davis was standing on the ground. So the new rule is if your teammate pushes you into an opposing player and you land on her, knocking her to the ground it is not a foul, because you were pushed?
But what was the foul? Landing on someone is not a foul I don't think, so you have to have something more.

Reaction Score
Yeah, that foul on Baylor was TOTALLY BOGUS. I do think the other was a good no call (as the foul should have been).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom