Baylor at West Virginia, on FS1 at 7pm ET | The Boneyard

Baylor at West Virginia, on FS1 at 7pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
WVU faces tough test in second-ranked Bears

I know this game will be played at the same time as UConn-ECU, but those so inclined might enjoy peeking in on the goings-on in Morgantown.

I don't expect this game to be close, with all the weapons and experience that Baylor has. But it will still be interesting to see if WVU can put up any resistance to a blowout. To even stay reasonably close, WVU will have to hit a lot of threes, IMO.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The Mountaineers couldnt handle a wildcat, so I would be shocked if they could take down a Big Bear

Plebe

Reaction Score
The Mountaineers couldnt handle a wildcat, so I would be shocked if they could take down a Big Bear

And after Duke lost to Vanderbilt, no way did I think they'd be able to handle a Gamecock.

But considering that WVU was unable to slow down Breanna Lewis (25 points and 9 rebounds), I have a feeling that Baylor's bigs will give them fits.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
And after Duke lost to Vanderbilt, no way did I think they'd be able to handle a Gamecock.

Well technically..... a Commodore would/should provide a tougher battle than a chicken :cool: ;)

Plebe

Reaction Score
Well technically..... a Commodore would/should provide a tougher battle than a chicken :cool: ;)

I just looked up what a "commodore" is because I honestly didn't even know. I'm trying to decide whether Vandy's mascot is (a) "a naval officer of high rank," (b) "the president of a yacht club," or (c) "the senior captain of a shipping line."

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I just looked up what a "commodore" is because I honestly didn't even know. I'm trying to decide whether Vandy's mascot is (a) "a naval officer of high rank," (b) "the president of a yacht club," or (c) "the senior captain of a shipping line."

Cornelius Vanderbilt was a Commodore or was called a Commodore.. or something like that.

Reaction Score
I don't expect WVU to win, but the Coliseum is not the friendliest place for visitors.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I don't expect WVU to win, but the Coliseum is not the friendliest place for visitors.

It was pretty friendly tonight. Baylor empties the bench in a 91-56 win, getting 27 points and 23 rebounds from the reserves.

Mulkey's decision to put Kalani Brown into the starting lineup and bring Mompremier off the bench is proving to be a very good move.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
They are looking very good and very deep. If we meet them again in the FF, they will be the hardest challenge by far.

By the way, USF is pulling away from tulane. 49-36 early 4th quarter.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
They are looking very good and very deep. If we meet them again in the FF, they will be the hardest challenge by far.

By the way, USF is pulling away from tulane. 49-36 early 4th quarter.

I know I am biased, but I have to agree. Baylor is playing some beautiful ball right now, hitting on all cylinders. Last year the ball was stuck in Johnson's hands way too much on offense and this year they are sharing and moving the ball better than I have ever seen from a Baylor team.

The post players are passing out of double teams quickly, getting the perimeter players open shots, and they are shooting 41% from three point range. Brown and Mompremier are combining for 26 points, 17 rebounds, 4 blocks and shooting 64% from the floor.

But the most important development of this season is the play of Alexis Prince. This is the first year that she has played injury free and her game looks incredibly confident and smooth. And her defense is incredible. She may be the difference in the way this season ends.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I know I am biased, but I have to agree. Baylor is playing some beautiful ball right now, hitting on all cylinders. Last year the ball was stuck in Johnson's hands way too much on offense and this year they are sharing and moving the ball better than I have ever seen from a Baylor team.

The post players are passing out of double teams quickly, getting the perimeter players open shots, and they are shooting 41% from three point range. Brown and Mompremier are combining for 26 points, 17 rebounds, 4 blocks and shooting 64% from the floor.

But the most important development of this season is the play of Alexis Prince. This is the first year that she has played injury free and her game looks incredibly confident and smooth. And her defense is incredible. She may be the difference in the way this season ends.

One matchup I'd like to see, perhaps in the Final Four, is Baylor vs. Maryland. I think Baylor is better, but would be a great game.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
One matchup I'd like to see, perhaps in the Final Four, is Baylor vs. Maryland. I think Baylor is better, but would be a great game.

That would be a great game and could very possibly happen. I hope Baylor gets to that point this season instead of being an E8 disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom