Baylor- $250m for 45K Seats | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Baylor- $250m for 45K Seats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
After having been to games at ND, Michigan, and PSU...I can tell you this if they make the seats the same sizeas those 3 stadiums we would increaase capacity to close to 48,000 I'd bet without having to do any renovation to the Rent but renumbering the bench seats.
===============
FDNY, ur absolutely correct. I have been to games in all these stadiums as well and was packed in. I actually had to stand in the isle @ Penn State. At ND, we were actually packed in like sardines in the Uconn section, and two guys couldn't take it anymore so they got up and left. If they didn't do that and free up those 2 seats, sitting there the whole game would of sucked! We definately have it better @ The Rent in terms of space and leg room!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
===============
FDNY, ur absolutely correct. I have been to games in all these stadiums as well and was packed in. I actually had to stand in the isle @ Penn State. At ND, we were actually packed in like sardines in the Uconn section, and two guys couldn't take it anymore so they got up and left. If they didn't do that and free up those 2 seats, sitting there the whole game would of sucked! We definately have it better @ The Rent in terms of space and leg room!

i have heard these types of stories many times. one thing someone at uconn involved with the rent was very smart about was knowing the fan base and the future fan base. down south and out west its culture to pack em in and watch a fball game or a race. up here its not. so ppl would come to the rent and be uncomfortable sitting and never come back. so we made the place comfortable. good idea that has been great for the fan base growing.

Reaction Score
I liked the old school men's room at the Bowl. Nothing like aiming at a plank of plywood standing on a bed of rocks to bring you back to the good old days.

I wish I had a dollar for every $hitfaced "fan/student" I've pulled out of the trough urinal over the years of football games @ the Bowl. Nasty to be down stream...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I think I clearly said that there would be a third level added on the side opposite of the suites.

Minnesota's pic has a two-level side. I get it. that's why I said "similar". Whether it's an extension of the existing second level or a third level, that's where most of the 10K-15k seats would be added with an extension of the existing student section or another level added there.

I agree that I wouldn't want to wrap the new level all the way around to the corners on the scoreboard side as they are already a bit awkward.

all good, i misread it a bit but we feel the same. here is what i would like more in both end zones as far as expansion goes. like i said instead of those corners being cut small in the turns, do this. it would add a lot without counting a 3rd tier add.

download

Reaction Score
i have heard these types of stories many times. one thing someone at uconn involved with the rent was very smart about was knowing the fan base and the future fan base. down south and out west its culture to pack em in and watch a fball game or a race. up here its not. so ppl would come to the rent and be uncomfortable sitting and never come back. so we made the place comfortable. good idea that has been great for the fan base growing.
====================
agreed. The one thing they NEED to do at the Rent almost right away, is to add a ton of family bathrooms. It's pretty Damm hard to negotiate those disgusting crap holes w/ small kids. Especially if your a dad and have a daughter w/ you in the men's room bcuz there is no other option. Not to mention the language and drunken bafoonery that goes on in there as well. Who would want to expose small kids to that if they didnt have to. Fixing that would really help families/fathers w/ young kids enjoy themselves more and probably help the attendance numbers a bit.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
also i have a blue seats thing i like to talk about. i wish that the sidelines on both sides were all blue seats and the endzones were like they are. do it like minn with "connecticut" and the block c type deal...
images

another favorite of mine is arkansas. very cool.

Reaction Score
also i have a blue seats thing i like to talk about. i wish that the sidelines on both sides were all blue seats and the endzones were like they are. do it like minn with "connecticut" and the block c type deal...
images

another favorite of mine is arkansas. very cool.

That's nice, I suppose, but if there are butts in the seats as there should be, then you won't see it anyway.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
That's nice, I suppose, but if there are butts in the seats as there should be, then you won't see it anyway.

well yea. but its very cool pre/post game and during no game picture wise etc. something cool for recruits to look at etc...also it then becomes very cool when you have a night game on espn and its blue out night and u do blue t shirts on every seat accept for the the ones where connecticut and the block c are and you do white shirts there. thats cool.

if your in buildings in hartford up high, can u see the rent at all? i don't know but if u can then it would be very cool.

Reaction Score
University regents Thursday unanimously approved the plan, contingent on the Waco City Council approving $35 million in public funds.

$215m from the school, $35m from the rich city of Waco.

Nah, football culture isn't out of control.

Reaction Score
$215m from the school, $35m from the rich city of Waco.

Nah, football culture isn't out of control.
Give them bread, give them sport. Where have you been? State paid $90 million for ours. So far.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score

Navy's got the same thing and I agree, it's cool looking but if you got fans sitting there, why bother?

ANDMD_Stadium_eMax.jpg

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
===============

Couldn't agree more. PSU made seat sizes smaller so they could fit more people in the stadium. Don't remember the year but I remember when it happened it made it very hard to get in and out of my seat. Used to go to a game a year because my grandfather was a faculty member so our seats were sweet but once they made the seats closer together it was rough getting out of them. We sat middle of the row too and being 6'5" is rough at that stadium. Plus, the "seats" are actually numbers on a bleacher. So they basically added extra numbers. It definitely made me appreciate the room at The Rent much more! I didn't feel Michigan was too bad room wise.

Reaction Score
Couldn't agree more. PSU made seat sizes smaller so they could fit more people in the stadium. Don't remember the year but I remember when it happened it made it very hard to get in and out of my seat. Used to go to a game a year because my grandfather was a faculty member so our seats were sweet but once they made the seats closer together it was rough getting out of them. We sat middle of the row too and being 6'5" is rough at that stadium. Plus, the "seats" are actually numbers on a bleacher. So they basically added extra numbers. It definitely made me appreciate the room at The Rent much more! I didn't feel Michigan was too bad room wise.

Michigan's spacing is easily smaller than PSU's. I've lived in both towns and been to many games. I've never been so tightly packed as at UM. Worse than Fenway. In fact, it was worse than sitting in 19-century wooden benches meant for small French women in a Sorbonne classroom.

Reaction Score
After having been to games at ND, Michigan, and PSU...I can tell you this if they make the seats the same sizeas those 3 stadiums we would increaase capacity to close to 48,000 I'd bet without having to do any renovation to the Rent but renumbering the bench seats.

Agree with this. I think there are several creative ways to increase capacity without calling in cement trucks.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

Joke right? That's the way it is at Gampel and it sucks.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Michigan's spacing is easily smaller than PSU's. I've lived in both towns and been to many games. I've never been so tightly packed as at UM. Worse than Fenway. In fact, it was worse than sitting in 19-century wooden benches meant for small French women in a Sorbonne classroom.

I only went to the Michigan game that we played at so it could have just been the section they sat us in and how many people were there. No matter the case, having 100K+ stadiums is not as glamorous for fans as it may seem.

Reaction Score
Eh, I like the Rent. I have been to plenty of big name stadiums and haven't come away impressed. Camp Randall in Wisconsin was the most uncomfortable stadium I have ever been too. We were squished in like sardines. Michigan, not impressed. I did like Ohio State.

The key difference between a place like Camp Randall and the Rent is atmosphere. The student section at Camp Randall put's the Rent's to shame. It's the little things. At Wisconsin, they have a player Q&A on score board. They have certain songs that they dance around to. We have an embarrassing DJ.

I will say, the tailgating is fantastic at the Rent.

Reaction Score
Eh, I like the Rent. I have been to plenty of big name stadiums and haven't come away impressed. Camp Randall in Wisconsin was the most uncomfortable stadium I have ever been too. We were squished in like sardines. Michigan, not impressed. I did like Ohio State.

The key difference between a place like Camp Randall and the Rent is atmosphere. The student section at Camp Randall put's the Rent's to shame. It's the little things. At Wisconsin, they have a player Q&A on score board. They have certain songs that they dance around to. We have an embarrassing DJ.

I will say, the tailgating is fantastic at the Rent.

1,000,000,000 on DJ Joey!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The student section at Camp Randall put's the Rent's to shame. It's the little things.

Maybe so. But the newspapers covering Baylor said that the student section in The Rent ranked up with the best of the Big 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom