Baylor- $250m for 45K Seats | The Boneyard

Baylor- $250m for 45K Seats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
the rent is nice and i love that we play big boy fball and all. but the rent is not near the stadiums out west/down south. the newer ones really i mean...

i find baylors a bit weird with the water and the way its built. that river isn't clean btw. i am in LOVE with tcu's new place, they are already talking about just adding another 5 to 10 k onto it after selling out the season. check out what bsu has and is doing to its place. not sure how far along that project is, saw it years ago being drawn.

Reaction Score
I get the fact we should wait to expand argument, but there is no excuse we haven't at least renovated the rent to make it look a bit nicer. That big screen sucks, and the grey cement motif doesn't exactly get your school spirit flowing.

Having said that UConn looks like it got a deal considering dollar per seat compared to Baylor.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
How much do you want to spend on bells and whistles? I see that huge screen at Cowboys Stadium and think "so what?"
I love The Rent, it's the best because it's ours.

Reaction Score
How much do you want to spend on bells and whistles? I see that huge screen at Cowboys Stadium and think "so what?"
I love The Rent, it's the best because it's ours.

Been to new Texas Stadium... The humongous screen was actually a distraction for me. I kept finding myself watching the plays unfold on the screen as opposed to watching the field and I was on the 40 yd line 10 rows up so it wasn't a sightline issue. It's great for replays but I could watch the game on a screen from home for much cheaper.

Reaction Score
I mean thanks that's helpful, by new scoreboard your right I must have meant the one in Jerrywold. I don't think its unreasonable however to prefer a scoreboard that isn't 2/3 ads and 1/3 screen where its actually hard to see sometimes from the opposite side of the stadium.

Reaction Score
I have to assume that anyone who thinks the Rent needs a new big screen is under the age of 20 and probably spends half the game playing with their phone.

Reaction Score
Could be, or maybe I just like being able to see the replays. This bitching though distracted from the main point about renovations, which I suppose is certainly relavant to people under 20 coming to games to be recruited.

Reaction Score
They should name it RGIII Stadium because let's be real, if he doesn't go to Baylor, they aren't building a nice new stadium for football.
Looks pretty nice though.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Which stadiums, Dan? Can you be more specific?
Kansas%20State%20University%20Stadium5-690.jpg

kst

Amon+Carter+Rendering.jpg

tcu

Reaction Score
After having been to games at ND, Michigan, and PSU...I can tell you this if they make the seats the same sizeas those 3 stadiums we would increaase capacity to close to 48,000 I'd bet without having to do any renovation to the Rent but renumbering the bench seats.

pj

Reaction Score
Oklahoma State's looks like the design I would want. I was at the Stark Center at Texas earlier this year, they have a lot of suites with mini-kitchens, bathrooms, and balcony style seating looking over the field above the end zone. Great place to view a game. They have a nice sports museum behind it. I bet those suites bring a lot of revenue, and it makes a lot of sense for one of the end zones, more sense than seats I think.

http://www.okstate.com/facilities/boone-pickens-stadium.html:
while the new digs put OSU on the cutting edge of collegiate facilities, the Cowboys still enjoy the home-field advantage that suffocates opponents with the tightest sidelines in all of football.
The result is that every fan in attendance is close to the action and very much a part of the OSU gameday experience in the coziest 60,000-seat stadium in America.

Reaction Score
Those are nice stadiums Dan! I think we had a good start into D1.
Should check out Stanford's new stadium ,50K at 90MM
Do you know of any artist's rendition of what the Rent would look like at 55k?
If I remember, the architect designed the Rent to blend in with the surroundings so we may never get the fancy facades of those built on campuses

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Those are nice stadiums Dan! I think we had a good start into D1.
Should check out Stanford's new stadium ,50K at 90MM
Do you know of any artist's rendition of what the Rent would look like at 55k?

i do not, i'm gona google the rent 5ok and stan right now lol.

pj- i also think okst is very cool. if i had a dream build, it would be a brick setup like okst with a bit of tcu flavor i think...

Reaction Score
Yale-Bowl---Michael-Marsland_0.jpg

This is the Fenway Park / Wrigley field of college football stadiums. Play a game here if you need a bigger crowd. This picture looks great and its not even computer generated, its the real deal. Sorry no TV for the kids.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The Rent at 50K-55K would look similar to the Minnesota stadium pic. The open end facing Hartford with the standing room under the scoreboard. Build another level on the side opposite the existing suites and wrap it around the student section.

7ebfcf62ddf24f8c48763c563dd1129d.jpg

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This is the Fenway Park / Wrigley field of college football stadiums. Play a game here if you need a bigger crowd.

I liked the old school men's room at the Bowl. Nothing like aiming at a plank of plywood standing on a bed of rocks to bring you back to the good old days.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
The Rent at 50K-55K would look similar to the Minnesota stadium pic. The open end facing Hartford with the standing room under the scoreboard. Build another level on the side opposite the existing suites and wrap it around the student section.

im not trying to pick a argument but i don't see it like that.
i see the rents first expansion as being a 3rd deck along the sideline across from the tower. i would rather them fill in the oipen endzone with full size 2nd level sections. i don't like the corners and how they curve taking away a lot of seats, probably half the size of a normal section. i wish they would take those corners down and wrap the 2nd tier around the whole stadium at the same size section wise so it become a big bowl. i think that would add a couple k to maybe 5, then do the third tier thing and lets play ball. minns stadium is beautiful. my buddy played there.

oh yea and don't get me started with the band on the field and more students etc...

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

im not trying to pick a argument but i don't see it like that.
i see the rents first expansion as being a 3rd deck along the sideline across from the tower. i would rather them fill in the oipen endzone with full size 2nd level sections. i don't like the corners and how they curve taking away a lot of seats, probably half the size of a normal section. i wish they would take those corners down and wrap the 2nd tier around the whole stadium at the same size section wise so it become a big bowl. i think that would add a couple k to maybe 5, then do the third tier thing and lets play ball. minns stadium is beautiful. my buddy played there.

oh yea and don't get me started with the band on the field and more students etc...

I think I clearly said that there would be a third level added on the side opposite of the suites.

Minnesota's pic has a two-level side. I get it. that's why I said "similar". Whether it's an extension of the existing second level or a third level, that's where most of the 10K-15k seats would be added with an extension of the existing student section or another level added there.

I agree that I wouldn't want to wrap the new level all the way around to the corners on the scoreboard side as they are already a bit awkward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom