Basketball Game to be Broadcast on Video Board | The Boneyard

Basketball Game to be Broadcast on Video Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
2 weeks to late. ppl alreayd spent time figuring other things out. as usual uconn sleeping at the wheel.

they need some one young and interesting in the rise of a fanbase.

i would have 2 weeks ago saw 2night coming. gone to a certain store(where ever u buy this ) and rented 4 big outdoor move screens. then from there worked out the wiring and to hook them up with rent officials. put them in 4 corners around the rent and have the bball game on for all tailgaters to watch. we could be 0-11 on the season going into this game and that idea gets 38k in the lots and tix sold. uconn, why can't u think outside the box!?!?!??!!?!?!?!

Reaction Score
HFD....I think they were hesitant to show the game because they thought people might get confused and leave at halftime, making the FB attendance even lower.

Reaction Score
Only the charcoal ones. They will provide the starter fluid.

At the start of the 4th quarter (as most of the fans make their way out of the game) Somebody should set a few of the dumpsters on fire. You know, for the symbolism.

disclaimer:
I'm joking. Do not commit arsen. You'll go to jail.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
HFD....I think they were hesitant to show the game because they thought people might get confused and leave at halftime, making the FB attendance even lower.

if ppl would get confused at halftime and leave then thats better than no ppl to start with. they have known this day was coming for bball and fball. now soccer is added to the fold. they could have done a huge thing 2night in hartford and instead they blew it. to little to late. ppl are going to stay home to watch the bball game and fball game instead of going to the rent becuase of the vid screen being announced 5 hours pre game. students are going to stay on campus and party as all 3 games are on tv instead of partying in hartford all night becuase the school didnt think.

put up vid screens all over the parking lots with the games and get every kid possible from campus down. i want 10k ppl in the lots that never make it in becuase the game was sold out. im talking a huge party night with the games and . lots open till 12 and so on. we will never be big time becuase ppl in storrs are half and half small minded.

Reaction Score
if ppl would get confused at halftime and leave then thats better than no ppl to start with. they have known this day was coming for bball and fball. now soccer is added to the fold. they could have done a huge thing 2night in hartford and instead they blew it. to little to late. ppl are going to stay home to watch the bball game and fball game instead of going to the rent becuase of the vid screen being announced 5 hours pre game. students are going to stay on campus and party as all 3 games are on tv instead of partying in hartford all night becuase the school didnt think.

put up vid screens all over the parking lots with the games and get every kid possible from campus down. i want 10k ppl in the lots that never make it in becuase the game was sold out. im talking a huge party night with the games and ****. lots open till 12 and so on. we will never be big time becuase ppl in storrs are half and half small minded.

Why do I get the feeling you have started your tailgating just a tad early.

Reaction Score
What happens if it is a close game and the FB game is ready to start? With a 6:00 tip-off that could very well happen. Would they play the FB game with the bball game on the jumbotron?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Why do I get the feeling you have started your tailgating just a tad early.

ok

What happens if it is a close game and the FB game is ready to start? With a 6:00 tip-off that could very well happen. Would they play the FB game with the bball game on the jumbotron?

this is part of the overall point. the school knew this day was coming and they blew everything about it. what if the game goes until 8pm or if the game goes to ot. they should have a long time ago moved the fball game to 830 so that there would be no issues with it. fans can watch the game in the lot or inside the stadium. most would then watch in the lots drinking/grill etc. some may go in at bball halftime and watch the 2nd half in seats or w/e. the point is there are 50 things that could make today a huge hit for this fanbase. they pulled off 1 of those 50 things last minute and half assed it. FAIL to the school. just imagine a huge student tent area watching the bball game with girlling and stuff all set up and its milt app day so do that up angle wise and so on. just a huge ball drop. im sor mad about it im going to stop.

Reaction Score
2 weeks to late. ppl alreayd spent time figuring other things out. as usual uconn sleeping at the wheel.

they need some one young and interesting in the rise of a fanbase.

i would have 2 weeks ago saw 2night coming. gone to a certain store(where ever u buy this ****) and rented 4 big outdoor move screens. then from there worked out the wiring and **** to hook them up with rent officials. put them in 4 corners around the rent and have the bball game on for all tailgaters to watch. we could be 0-11 on the season going into this game and that idea gets 38k in the lots and tix sold. uconn, why can't u think outside the ****ing box!?!?!??!!?!?!?!
yo, you are getting me fired up today! your posts are on fire. I wanna break some pitt face! and slap the dumb uconn pricks upside the head that cant think! asd;lkj w;odifmhcas;odirhcw;er

Reaction Score

Valid concern. If the game runs till 8:10 PM what then? What about pre game stuff with military and starting line ups, etc.?

Reaction Score
Valid concern. If the game runs till 8:10 PM what then? What about pre game stuff with military and starting line ups, etc.?

guarantee they turn the game off when it's time for the national anthem, etc.. And they should. We're there for a football game. The basketball game is a bonus. The kids suiting up tonight deserve our attention.

Reaction Score
I can understand turning it off for the national anthem but if it's a 1 point game with 2 minutes to go and it' s time for kickoff? You are going to have 30k pissed off fans.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i think mute it would be a good idea. maybe split screen it if they have that capability.

Reaction Score
The game was on tv at the Rent, shown on a flat screen tv at the Brick Oven Pizza truck. Thanks guys.

No linky, no believe.

Reaction Score
typical cluster duck*k. . . .no out of box thinking/organization by the people in Storrs/E. Hartford who are paid to 'take care of the fans' who couldn't consider abandoning the pre-game video routine for one game. I get they couldn't have live action while the football game was on, and they did announce the final score pretty quickly. But a quick highlight package between first and second quarter and at halftime would have been nice. A lot of people in our group went at halftime of hoops game thinking they'd be able to watch the game and were rightfully pissed when it was pulled. Once it was pulled off the big board it should have been on every TV at the concession stands and an announcement should have been made to that effect.
Of course, if there was a second video board (and lots more scoreboardage like there is in Gampel) it would have been more doable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom