Baseball vs. Siena - Weekend Series @ Port St Lucie | The Boneyard

Baseball vs. Siena - Weekend Series @ Port St Lucie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/021915aaa.html

>>The UConn baseball team (0-3) returns to action this weekend when it takes on the Siena Saints (0-3) for three contests in the Sunshine State. The Huskies will play 'host' to the Saints in three contests at the spring training complex of the New York Mets, including a Sunday showdown at Tradition Field. First pitch on Saturday. Feb. 21 is set for 2:30 p.m. before a 1 p.m. start at Tradition on Sunday, Feb. 22 and another 1 p.m. game time on Monday, Feb. 23. <<

UConnBaseball1:05pm via TweetDeck
Follow #UConn's 2:30 p.m. contest vs. Siena with:
Stats - Gametracker
Radio - WHUS.org, 91.7 FBM

Reaction Score
I can just hear HFD now...

03.jpg

Reaction Score
Pretty good rally for UConn in the 6th. Huskies up 7-2.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Let's hope the bullpen won't let us down.

Reaction Score
12-4 final. Thank god there was a significant cushion. Offense did what the offense should and took it to Siena. Starting pitching continue to be strong with cross putting up second consecutive solid outing. Hope this momentum keeps goong

Reaction Score
Good to see them start the series with a win! Interesting to see Siena's starting pitcher Bryan Goossens ... wasn't he being pursued pretty heavily by Penders? IIRC ... somewhere from Western Mass ...

Reaction Score
12-4 final. Thank god there was a significant cushion. Offense did what the offense should and took it to Siena. Starting pitching continue to be strong with cross putting up second consecutive solid outing. Hope this momentum keeps goong
Where is atldyka after a 12-4 win?

Reaction Score
Lineup changes for the Sunday game. Davey is catching, Testani in right field, McDowell on the bench. Deroche-Duffin and his hot bat continues at DH.

Reaction Score
Where is atldyka after a 12-4 win?
Right here big boy. What do you have for me? Yes it was a nice win. Hope they can keep it up. Nothing I said isn't true however, this team strikes out way too much and I feel is a little too aggressive at the plate. Need to take more pitches and be a better contact hitting team.

Reaction Score
Well LUUCHusky, as much as I would have liked to have eaten my words it's another day of UConn baseball. Through 7 innings we have managed 3 hits and no runs. Kay has pitched a great game and aside from 1st inning wildness in which he gave up 2 runs our pitchers must feel like they have to go into every game having to pitch a shutout.
I'll say it again, Penders philosophy of letting his hitters be aggressive at the plate is not working. In College you have to make the pitchers beat you. When teams know that our batters are going to go up to the plate and swing often and early they don't have to throw strikes to beat us. We strike out way too much swinging at bad pitches and not making the opposing pitcher throw strikes. We need to work counts deeper and force the pitcher to give you a pitch you can drive.
Please take some pitches and make the pitchers beat you.
I hope as I type this it is karma and they finally rally and I can eat my words but this trend just doesn't seem to work for us of being overly aggressive at the plate.

Reaction Score

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Well LUUCHusky, as much as I would have liked to have eaten my words it's another day of UConn baseball. Through 7 innings we have managed 3 hits and no runs. Kay has pitched a great game and aside from 1st inning wildness in which he gave up 2 runs our pitchers must feel like they have to go into every game having to pitch a shutout.
I'll say it again, Penders philosophy of letting his hitters be aggressive at the plate is not working. In College you have to make the pitchers beat you. When teams know that our batters are going to go up to the plate and swing often and early they don't have to throw strikes to beat us. We strike out way too much swinging at bad pitches and not making the opposing pitcher throw strikes. We need to work counts deeper and force the pitcher to give you a pitch you can drive.
Please take some pitches and make the pitchers beat you.
I hope as I type this it is karma and they finally rally and I can eat my words but this trend just doesn't seem to work for us of being overly aggressive at the plate.
I think you tend to make good critical points but of course you're going to catch flak when a fanbase consists of 10 people on this website and you say anything negative.

Anyways, I believe the radio guys were saying Penders wanted his guys to be more patient at the plate but at the same time if you get your pitch on the first pitch I'll always want a hitter to have at it. Don't swing at the first pitch just to swing at it though.

Yesterday's loss had some crippling short falls. Testani gets a hit followed by an error in a 2 run game at the time and they couldn't even scratch out a run - ugh.

mets1090

Reaction Score
Currently up 9-1 in the bottom of the 3rd and threatening for more. Huskies are a combined 9 for 16 from the plate thus far.

Reaction Score
12-1 now. What's going on today? I'd like to think they read some of my posts and are taking it personally.
Deroche-Duff is 3-3 with 5 RBI's. The newcomer is a player. He has been the one consistent so far.

mets1090

Reaction Score
1.62 ERA for the starting rotation through 6 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom