UConn Baseball Recruiting and Commitment Thread | Page 13 | The Boneyard

UConn Baseball Recruiting and Commitment Thread

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Also is only a junior, 2018 recruit.

Reaction Score
I believe @UCCornelius was referring to the year Broadhurst graduates HS in.

That's how I took it. Just to be sure, I googled Mr. Broadhurst this afternoon. Perfect Game and the other baseball recruiting websites usually report on a recruit's high school graduation year. And yes, Luke Broadhurst graduates high school in 2017.

It's good to have new people to the Boneyard finding out and reporting on these recruiting commitments.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
I believe @UCCornelius was referring to the year Broadhurst graduates HS in.
I missed that, I'm from the same town. Luke grew up with a bat and ball in hand, went to school with his older brother. Always knew he'd be a good one, not too bad for a kid from a very small class S school like Stafford.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I missed that, I'm from the same town. Luke grew up with a bat and ball in hand, went to school with his older brother. Always knew he'd be a good one, not too bad for a kid from a very small class S school like Stafford.

Seems like Stafford has been doing a nice job of developing ballplayers as of late. Even though Jimmy Titus goes to East Catholic, I'm assuming he was involved with Stafford's youth baseball program. Also, if I'm not mistaken, they just sent a pitcher to Columbia for this coming year. Very impressive.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
That's how I took it. Just to be sure, I googled Mr. Broadhurst this afternoon. Perfect Game and the other baseball recruiting websites usually report on a recruit's high school graduation year. And yes, Luke Broadhurst graduates high school in 2017.

It's good to have new people to the Boneyard finding out and reporting on these recruiting commitments.

Agreed. Hopefully once the HS season starts, we can all pitch in and report on game results and performance in a similar manner to how it's done on the football and basketball boards.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Seems like Stafford has been doing a nice job of developing ballplayers as of late. Even though Jimmy Titus goes to East Catholic, I'm assuming he was involved with Stafford's youth baseball program. Also, if I'm not mistaken, they just sent a pitcher to Columbia for this coming year. Very impressive.
Great coach (used to pitch in the minors until injury ended career), also really the only successful program at the school. Tough with such a small talent pool, also as you mentioned several top athletes in the youth levels go to schools like EC. Titus and Broadhurst actually played in the CT little league state semifinals in 2010. Simpson and Broadhurst lead SHS to the #1 seed in S last year. Fun to watch, play the game right.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Great coach (used to pitch in the minors until injury ended career), also really the only successful program at the school. Tough with such a small talent pool, also as you mentioned several top athletes in the youth levels go to schools like EC. Titus and Broadhurst actually played in the CT little league state semifinals in 2010. Simpson and Broadhurst lead SHS to the #1 seed in S last year. Fun to watch, play the game right.

Good stuff. Who knows, maybe once I'm back in CT in May I'll make the drive up and catch a game or two.

Reaction Score
Sorry about the confusion, I indeed meant graduating HS in 2017. As for Stratford/Stafford, brain fart on my part.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Reaction Score

I lived in Stafford from '93 to '03. I coached in their little league program during those years. During that time the league established relationships with former major league players and held numerous clinics and fund raisers. Sam Horn, Rich Gedman, George Foster, Oil Can Boyd, Roy White, and Bill Lee all attended and ran many of these clinics. They were very candid and personable and made it fun to be involved. It looks like those players are now cashing in on all that hard work!

Reaction Score
Should get a look at him in UConn fall ball session. Kid's a stud. Coppola and the Amity pipeline keeps flowing. Wouldn't be surprised to see his younger brother Pat ( Jr. catcher) end up @ UConn as well.

I live, and coach, in the Amity school district and know the Winkle's very well. Chris Winkle is very good. I'm hearing he is moving to a corner outfield position for his senior season at Amity and will likely play OF at UConn. His younger brother Pat, eventually became the starting catcher at Amity last season as a freshman. He will be a sophomore in 2016. Pat has a chance to be a big-time recruit/draft prospect, as well. He has great size (6'3), an above-average arm, and tremendous power at the plate. He, like Chris, bats from the left side.

Reaction Score
I live, and coach, in the Amity school district and know the Winkle's very well. Chris Winkle is very good. I'm hearing he is moving to a corner outfield position for his senior season at Amity and will likely play OF at UConn. His younger brother Pat, eventually became the starting catcher at Amity last season as a freshman. He will be a sophomore in 2016. Pat has a chance to be a big-time recruit/draft prospect, as well. He has great size (6'3), an above-average arm, and tremendous power at the plate. He, like Chris, bats from the left side.

Quickest route to the major leagues, left side hitting catcher.

Reaction Score
Second time on the Blog, and 2nd time I am announcing that one of my sons has committed to play baseball at UConn. My son Patrick Winkel gave Coach Penders his commitment yesterday. He is a sophomore catcher who will graduate from Amity HS in 2018. He is excited to be able to play with his brother, and wear the Husky blue.

Reaction Score
Second time on the Blog, and 2nd time I am announcing that one of my sons has committed to play baseball at UConn. My son Patrick Winkel gave Coach Penders his commitment yesterday. He is a sophomore catcher who will graduate from Amity HS in 2018. He is excited to be able to play with his brother, and wear the Husky blue.

Coach Coppola pipeline continues to flow to Storrs.

Congrats Dad!

Reaction Score
Branden_Mello3:29pm via Twitter for Android
Prout junior left-handed pitcher Mason Feole has committed to play for UConn.
Class of 2016. LHP from Prout High School in Wakefield RI

Well, this sounds good. Mason Feole was named to the 2015 Louisville Slugger High School All American Second Team.
http://baseballnews.com/2015-louisville-slugger-h-s-all-americans/

BillKoch2512:10pm via Mobile Web (M5)
Prout senior LHP, UConn commit Mason Feole has been named to the preseason Louisville Slugger All-American team. @mfeole246@Proutschool

Moved up to All American First Team
http://baseballnews.com/louisville-slugger-pre-season-h-s-all-americans/

Disclaimer: Didn't scour other teams yet.

Reaction Score
Damn....one of the kids--preseason offensive player of the year is committed to UHart.

Nice get for them...

Bardzell is one of the country’s talented outfielders and hitters this season. The University of Hartford signee finished the season with a .585 batting average, 10 doubles, 4 triples, 18 home runs, 55 RBI and stole 27 bases.

Bardzell’s 18 homers tied the New Jersey single-season record for home runs set in 2009 by Los Angeles Angels star Mike Trout while at Millville H.S. He also tied a school record for 55 RBI that was set in 1989 by Rutgers standout Kevin James.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom