UConn Baseball Recruiting and Commitment Thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

UConn Baseball Recruiting and Commitment Thread

Reaction Score
Couldn't resist - the timing was just so right ;)

Unbelievable timing is right. By coincidence I had just checked the UConn baseball twitter page, saw it, and had a strange feeling that you would have a Boneyard post on it. And what do you know, I was right!

Reaction Score
I thought that Titus was committed to Bryant. Did we flip him?

You sir are correct... The on-line version has been corrected to Bryant, the print version had UConn. I had print version in front of me when typing.

03.jpg

Reaction Score
How is Casparius not on that team? I know he's only a rising junior, but he's legitimately the best player in the state. Not to mention he's verbally committed to UNC and had offers from UVA, Vandy, and more.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
For anyone looking for something to do Friday night, first of a best-of-three, the American Legion State Championship starts at 6:30pm at Palmer Field in Middletown. Stamford vs. RCP (Rocky Hill/Cromwell/Portland). 99% sure that future-Husky Polonia will be pitching for Stamford, as he shut Monroe out on Sunday.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
According to PG, we have a new commit for the Class of 2018: RHP Michael Burrows from Waterford HS. 6-1 and runs with CT Nationals in the summer.

Reaction Score
UConnBaseball 12:46pm via Twitter Web Client
Incoming #UConn player R. Polonia (@RPolo_) is the Hearst CT Media Athlete of the Year.
http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/spo...-Polonia-named-Hearst-Connecticut-6419538.php

>>Polonia was All-FCIAC first team in football as a receiver/kick returner/defensive back helping lead Trinity to a winning season and the Stamford City title.

On the baseball diamond, he was 3-time All-State, 3-time All-FCIAC, two-time FCIAC MVP and two time Hearst Connecticut Media MVP. He will be continuing his baseball career at UConn.

Interest from Division I colleges for baseball was a given, but Polonia was also getting looked at by Division I football programs but received no formal offers because of his desire to continue playing baseball.<<

Reaction Score
UConnBaseball 12:46pm via Twitter Web Client
Incoming #UConn player R. Polonia (@RPolo_) is the Hearst CT Media Athlete of the Year.
http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/spo...-Polonia-named-Hearst-Connecticut-6419538.php

>>Polonia was All-FCIAC first team in football as a receiver/kick returner/defensive back helping lead Trinity to a winning season and the Stamford City title.

On the baseball diamond, he was 3-time All-State, 3-time All-FCIAC, two-time FCIAC MVP and two time Hearst Connecticut Media MVP. He will be continuing his baseball career at UConn.

Interest from Division I colleges for baseball was a given, but Polonia was also getting looked at by Division I football programs but received no formal offers because of his desire to continue playing baseball.<<

Good stuff! By the way, I believe this is the first mention from UConn baseball on Twitter or on the UConn athletics website concerning any of the newcomers to Coach Penders team for this coming season. From what I can tell, UConn baseball in recent years has not issued any press releases publicizing incoming recruiting classes.

Reaction Score

Class of 2017 -- SS/3B from Vincentian Academy in Pittsburgh PA

>>A 5-foot-11, 190-pound sophomore, Fedko has played a big part in Vincentian's success the past two seasons. He broke onto the varsity scene last year as a freshman phenom and ended up being among the WPIAL's top hitters as well as earned all-section honors. This season, Fedko kept his offensive stroke consistent with his rookie campaign. Through 14 games, he was batting .676 (23 for 34) with three home runs, 10 RBIs and 25 runs scored. He also had an on-base percentage of .778.<<

Reaction Score

Very nice:

>>Fedko gave a verbal commitment to Connecticut Wednesday, choosing the Huskies over Coastal Carolina and N.C. State.

“The coaching staff and history of baseball really stood out to me,” Fedko said. “They've had a past of high-round draft picks. That's what I want: I want to play in the major leagues.”<<

Reaction Score
In the newest Baseball America issue:

2015 All-Area Code Games Team
C: Cooper Johnson, White Sox, Carmel Catholic High, Mundelein, Ill.
1B: Chris Winkel, Yankees, Amity Regional High, Woodbridge, Conn.
2B: Bo Bichette, Nationals, Lakewood High, St. Petersburg, Fla.
3B: Austin Shenton, Royals, Bellingham (Wash.) High
SS: Nolan Jones, Yankees, Holy Ghost Prep, Bensalem, Pa.
OF: Blake Rutherford, Brewers, Chaminade College Prep, Canoga, Calif.
OF: Mickey Moniak, Brewers, La Costa Canyon High, Carlsbad, Calif.
OF: Brandon McIlwain, Yankees, Council Rock North High, Newtown, Pa.
DH: Ulysses Cantu, Rangers, Boswell High, Fort Worth, Texas
P: Riley Pint, White Sox, St. Thomas Aquinas High, Overland Park, Kansas
P: Jason Groome, Yankees, Barnegat (N.J.) High
P: Jesus Luzardo, Nationals, Stoneman Douglas High, Parkland, Fla.
P: Reggie Lawson, Brewers, Victor Valley High, Victorville, Calif.
P: Kevin Gowdy, Brewers, Santa Barbara (Calif.) High

1B: Chris Winkel
One of the more pleasant surprises of the week, Winkel squared up the ball consistently, pulling the ball deep into the gaps for several extra base hits. The ball routinely came off his lefthanded bat with authority, and he showed a smooth glove and quick feet around the first base bag. Winkel said that he plays first base for his high school team because that gives his team the best chance to win, but he has played a bit of outfield and is open to playing either position at the next level. He is committed to UConn.

Reaction Score
In the newest Baseball America issue:

2015 All-Area Code Games Team
C: Cooper Johnson, White Sox, Carmel Catholic High, Mundelein, Ill.
1B: Chris Winkel, Yankees, Amity Regional High, Woodbridge, Conn.
2B: Bo Bichette, Nationals, Lakewood High, St. Petersburg, Fla.
3B: Austin Shenton, Royals, Bellingham (Wash.) High
SS: Nolan Jones, Yankees, Holy Ghost Prep, Bensalem, Pa.
OF: Blake Rutherford, Brewers, Chaminade College Prep, Canoga, Calif.
OF: Mickey Moniak, Brewers, La Costa Canyon High, Carlsbad, Calif.
OF: Brandon McIlwain, Yankees, Council Rock North High, Newtown, Pa.
DH: Ulysses Cantu, Rangers, Boswell High, Fort Worth, Texas
P: Riley Pint, White Sox, St. Thomas Aquinas High, Overland Park, Kansas
P: Jason Groome, Yankees, Barnegat (N.J.) High
P: Jesus Luzardo, Nationals, Stoneman Douglas High, Parkland, Fla.
P: Reggie Lawson, Brewers, Victor Valley High, Victorville, Calif.
P: Kevin Gowdy, Brewers, Santa Barbara (Calif.) High

1B: Chris Winkel
One of the more pleasant surprises of the week, Winkel squared up the ball consistently, pulling the ball deep into the gaps for several extra base hits. The ball routinely came off his lefthanded bat with authority, and he showed a smooth glove and quick feet around the first base bag. Winkel said that he plays first base for his high school team because that gives his team the best chance to win, but he has played a bit of outfield and is open to playing either position at the next level. He is committed to UConn.

Should get a look at him in UConn fall ball session. Kid's a stud. Coppola and the Amity pipeline keeps flowing. Wouldn't be surprised to see his younger brother Pat ( Jr. catcher) end up @ UConn as well.

Wow... Another Bichette on the rise.

Reaction Score
Corrected error - had my years mixed.
Kid's a stud. Coppola and the Amity pipeline keeps flowing. Wouldn't be surprised to see his younger brother Pat ( So. catcher) end up @ UConn as well.

Wow... Another Bichette on the rise.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Who is our West Coast recruiter? or what is our connection out west? We've been getting a bunch of kids from Cali over the past few years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom