Baseball Home Opener Series - UConn vs. USF | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Baseball Home Opener Series - UConn vs. USF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Have to say not happy with decision not to bunt early. Top pitchers in the conference so could be a low scoring game. 1st inning lead off walk by Sundberg and no sac. Would have scored on Davey double instead only gets to 3rd and strand 2nd and 3rd. 2nd inning leadoff double by Duffin and Daniello who strikes out a lot would be a good option to bunt and doesn't, he strikes out and Yahn who has proven to be a good contact hitter could drive him in from 3rd.
Need to play small ball sometimes, especially when runs could be at a premium.

The player you're asking to bunt in that situation was Siena. Early in the game and the way he is hitting, no way I would have him bunt.

Reaction Score
The player you're asking to bunt in that situation was Siena. Early in the game and the way he is hitting, no way I would have him bunt.
Maybe so but in the second inning it was Daniello and I clearly would have done it.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Not sure why no one is posting about the game; came looking for an update. And F ESPIN. Went to look on the college site for the score and the game is not even listed - the USF-CINCI game is there so it's not an AAC thing.

Reaction Score
Not sure why no one is posting about the game; came looking for an update. And F ESPIN. Went to look on the college site for the score and the game is not even listed - the USF-CINCI game is there so it's not an AAC thing.

UConn won the first game today 7-0.

Reaction Score
http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-basebl/recaps/040315aaa.html

Stats

Game Notes:
  • Bobby Melley recorded his first four-hit game of 2015 and now has one in each of the last three seasons
  • Melley has reached base safely in 22-consecutive contests
  • Anthony Kay lowered his ERA to 1.17 in 53.2 innings this season
  • Willy Yahn recorded his sixth multi-hit game in his 12th career start
  • Blake Davey is batting .429 with eight RBIs over his last four games

Up next, the Huskies and Bulls play a rubber match in Storrs tomorrow afternoon. Game time at J.O. Christian Field has been moved up to 12 p.m. and Jordan Tabakman (Pompton Plains, N.J.) will take the ball for Connecticut

Damn home games - doomed, doomed I tell ya!

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
that makes thursday's loss more frustrating - just tough to blow a 6-2 lead in the late innings.

Reaction Score
I got on a plane today and landed in Tampa for a certain basketball tournament. Anyway, once we got our rental car I found the local radio station that carries USF baseball, so I was able to listen to several innings of the UConn game. Nice win!

Reaction Score
03.jpg

Reaction Score
UConnBaseball1:11pm via TweetDeck
Mid 5 | Bulls get on the board in the T5 with an RBI single.

UConnBaseball 1:26pm via TweetDeck
Mid 6 | #UConn 4, USF 2. Bulls grab another with a sac fly in the top of the sixth.

UConnBaseball 1:51pm via TweetDeck
T7 | Bulls get another with a bases-loaded walk and Tabakman's day is done. Radue on for #UConn, bases loaded and one away. Huskies up 4-3.

UConnBaseball1:55pm via TweetDeck
Mid 7 | #UConn 4, USF 4. Radue retires both Bulls he faces in the T7, but a sacrifice fly ties the contest.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UConnBaseball 2:44pm via TweetDeck
USF goes ahead with a single through the right side after a bang-bang play at second keeps the inning going. Bulls up 6-5 with one away, T9

Penders and McDonald tossed for continuing argument after the blown call@ second.

Imploding.... two more runs in.

UConnBaseball2:51pm via TweetDeck
Mid 9 | USF 8, #UConn 5. Huskies looking to rally with Siena-Melley-Davey coming up.

Shame - had talent to sweep series.

Reaction Score
Unfortunate that this team just can't put USF away in the 9th!

Reaction Score
Really have to wonder if pitching Routolo those 4+ innings last week has done something. Should have had the sweep and instead only win one. Hopefully they won't have to look back on this weekend come end of year and say it cost them a post season opportunity.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Really have to wonder if pitching Routolo those 4+ innings last week has done something. Should have had the sweep and instead only win one. Hopefully they won't have to look back on this weekend come end of year and say it cost them a post season opportunity.
I think it also has something to do with him having no other effective pitch besides his fastball. When you only throw ~94 and occasionally touch 95/96, eventually people are going to catch on. I understand that's a hard thrower in college but good college players can still hit 94 when they know it's coming. He'll probably continue to strike out a ton of guys but if he leaves a fastball out over the middle of the plate, it's not like people won't punish him.

He also had 3 or 4 days off so I doubt his arm is having any issues (at least I hope not). If it comes out that he needs to be shut down for a couple weeks, I'll be more likely to attribute it to that 3.1 inning outing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom