Bars around the Verizon center | The Boneyard

Bars around the Verizon center

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
any good ones in the area? Not looking for anything special just good atmosphere at night and good food during the day

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I worked up a nice buzz at Clyde's the last time I was in DC. A buddy owns the Jackpot Bar (dive bar across from Clyde's) but I don't think they open until 4pm or so.

Reaction Score
Second Clyde's as a great suggestion right at Verizon Center.

Penn Social is a block away but has good beers, good atmosphere, and a ton of space (there's a large basement bar 3x the size of the upstairs).

Another option I'd recommend is to get food to-go at Luke's Lobster (lobster and crab rolls) or Taylor Gourmet (awesome Philly hoagies/grinders) and bring it with you across the street to Iron Horse Tap Room. They don't serve food so are happy to let you bring it in. Again, good beers, good atmosphere, and a downstairs bar larger than the upstairs. They open at 3 on Saturday I think.

Reaction Score
For food, at least, there is some pretty good pizza and you have a few good options: ellas which is around 9th street not too far from the metro, kind of in between metro center and chinatown metro and you have matchbox and grafiatos which are also close to the verizon center. Three of my favorite food places around the verizon center and all pizza! It has been a while since I lived in DC, and I lived there for 3 years, but I recall a solid dive bar with lots of graffiti on the wall made by customers, you will have to look but I recall it being behind the verizon center. I recall liking Silo which is north of the verizon center. If you can go as far as dupont/adams morgan I have tons of other advice. Let me think more, look for an edit. clydes not so much.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom