Banks? | The Boneyard

Banks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I was at the BU game and couldn't remember Brianna playing in the second half. Indeed, once I got home and checked the box score, she "only" played 17 minutes, easily the fewest of anyone who started. Is there a story here?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I was at the BU game and couldn't remember Brianna playing in the second half. Indeed, once I got home and checked the box score, she "only" played 17 minutes, easily the fewest of anyone who started. Is there a story here?

I'm wondering if 3 games in 3 days and 4 games in 5 days is making Geno go easy on her minutes. I missed most of tonight's game so I have no idea how she played, but her stats for 17 minutes look fine. It could be that Geno is trying not to push it knowing that KML and Tuck are still about a month away from returning.

Reaction Score
She played like a jaguar when she was out there......really intense (as usual)....total effort.....and some really nifty plays on both ends. .

Reaction Score
Geno said in the post game presser that BB would have played more but she tweeked her ankle in the Oregon game (BB's foot got stepped on) and it was bothering her a little..........so with 3 games in 3 days he rested her a little more tonight.

Brianna B played well when she was in there..........hustling all over the place.....with some nice moves/shots and great "D". She's a big plus for us!

Last edited:

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Good catch, Alex. It seems not to be a problem.
Thanks- but I got a good update from TimeWillTell. :)

All I know is I'm going to the Monmouth game too, and I wanna see some Brianna Banks! She is always entertaining, including last night.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I watched the special, and there was a time when Banks was gong full out, and Geno said to pull her, he didn't want to overdo it. I think Banks has only one mode - full out, so the coaches have to watch carefully to see when she might be at a limit. Or maybe they were just cautious, but she isn't yet 100%

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
I watched the special, and there was a time when Banks was gong full out, and Geno said to pull her, he didn't want to overdo it. I think Banks has only one mode - full out, so the coaches have to watch carefully to see when she might be at a limit. Or maybe they were just cautious, but she isn't yet 100%
The one thing Banks did that disappointed me was that she passed up open threes a couple of times. At the time I thought that was why Geno pulled her. This other explanation seems more likely.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The All Access piece was interesting in relation to the whole process this year with BB - with Geno pulling her from one drill after two full court runs, the discussion with Rossie about being too protective (Geno's answer 'No - your right.') the plan to keep her in rehab all year, the, 'she shouldn't be on the sideline, she should be off to the side shooting or something' during the full court five on fives. And of course the shots inside the training room. Just found the inside look at it all to be very interesting.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
She played like a jaguar when she was out there......really intense (as usual)....total effort.....and some really nifty plays on both ends. .
That one handed teardrop pass in the first half to (I forget who it was to) was a great play.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Banks really look strong physically. She reminds me so much of Tiffany Hayes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom