Ban the Patriots | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Ban the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yeah, why put rules in place when a 'class' orginazation like the Pats can just thumb there nose at the NFL and cheat to their hearts content. Whether its needed or not.

Whether what's needed or not? This makes no sense.

PS, it's *their nose at the NFL, and cheat *till their heart's content.

Reaction Score
So, after writing all of the above, you're saying you condone cheating? Because that's what I'm taking away from your post.

Not at all. I just pointed out that regardless of if they cheated or not by deflating the balls, the NFL will never got someone within the Pats organization to identify who did it. Without an identifiable party they can put the guilt on, this will just be a giant question mark and speculation.

Other than that the columnist just made some points that did not make sense to me. It was not cold last Sunday (especially for January in MA), who knows how Luck likes the feel of his footballs and Brady was much better in the second half with the normal psi balls. Those where the arguments made for why the Pats may have won the game and I disagree. It is not right to break the rules, but some of these people are creating a mountain out of a mole hill with these opinions of a 1 year ban, $1M fine, etc. That is crazy, especially when the documented fine now is just $25k.

Reaction Score
Not at all. I just pointed out that regardless of if they cheated or not by deflating the balls, the NFL will never got someone within the Pats organization to identify who did it. Without an identifiable party they can put the guilt on, this will just be a giant question mark and speculation.

Other than that the columnist just made some points that did not make sense to me. It was not cold last Sunday (especially for January in MA), who knows how Luck likes the feel of his footballs and Brady was much better in the second half with the normal psi balls. Those where the arguments made for why the Pats may have won the game and I disagree. It is not right to break the rules, but some of these people are creating a mountain out of a mole hill with these opinions of a 1 year ban, $1M fine, etc. That is crazy, especially when the documented fine now is just $25k.

Some people have been suggesting the following:

$1 million fine
Super Bowl ban
Losing multiple 1st round picks
BB + TB suspension

Seriously...I think everyone has lost their %$^#ing minds

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

$1 million fine
Super Bowl ban
BB + TB suspension

I've also heard BB firing. Won't be surprised if some hooligans start suggesting TB gets released and blacklisted by the rest of the league.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
My guess is they determine that the balls were not up to spec, however because they can't pin it on the Patriots with anything substantial, the only repercussion is a tweak in the rules. My guess is the refs didn't perform a thorough approval process and are culpable, but immune because the NFL already pardoned them and the whole integrity of the game thing...

Reaction Score
Another thing I've noticed. Most reasonable people agree that the balls had no affect on the outcome of the game, they are complaining about the Patriots jeopardizing the NFL's Integrity. Yet most people here are hoping all of the accusations are true which would damage the integrity of the game. So in reality all most people don't actually care about the integrity but rather wanting to see the franchise go down in flames.

Reaction Score
Patriots fans are the touchiest kids on earth.

They got caught dead to rights. They own it.
You could replace Patriots with UConn... how do you feel now?

Reaction Score
And this deflation would solely be for the benefit of Brady throwing the ball and the author says it would have been tougher for Luck to throw his more inflated football. Whose to say that Luck is not like Aaron Rodgers who prefer the balls inflated to the maximum (or in Rodgers case more than the league max) level. If he likes the balls inflated more, then a deflated ball would actually have been a problem for him.
Luck gets to play with his OWN balls. Not Brady's. Further evidence of how screwed up the NFL is.

Reaction Score
It was 45 degrees out there. It wasn't cold enough for that much of a pressure drop.

That's not my point. If the balls were inflated to the lowest 12.5 psi (like Brady likes them),----but were done so in a very warm room----then they would deflate more when brought into a 45 degree outdoor environment. No needles, no one tampering. Just fill the balls in a hot room and watch the psi drop when outside. That's not cheating. It would be ingenious!

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
That's not my point. If the balls were inflated to the lowest 12.5 psi (like Brady likes them),----but were done so in a very warm room----then they would deflate more when brought into a 45 degree outdoor environment. No needles, no one tampering. Just fill the balls in a hot room and watch the psi drop when outside. That's not cheating. It would be ingenious!
Well, I would think/hope they did the pressure check indoors after letting the balls warm back up, in which case the pressure should have gone back up.

Reaction Score
I can't even imagine "investigators" being able to keep a straight face when interrogating people about deflated footballs.

Reaction Score
Yeah, why put rules in place when a 'class' orginazation like the Pats can just thumb there nose at the NFL and cheat to their hearts content. Whether its needed or not.
Blame the refs if they were under-inflated... they were supposed to check them. They get lots of $$ to ref games, and that was part of their job.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Blame the refs if they were under-inflated... they were supposed to check them. They get lots of $$ to ref games, and that was part of their job.

LOL half the NFL's problems could be solved by making officals full time employees instead of having accountants and stock brokers calling games in their free time.

Reaction Score

$1 million fine
Super Bowl ban
BB + TB suspension

Adults were proposing this. Actual adults.

Then again, people never cease to disappoint.

Reaction Score
Florio just said on NBCSN that he's heard from a source that only one of the 11 was 2 psi under and the others were closer to one. Further, it was the football the Colts intercepted that was down 2 Psi. If that proves to be true the Pats explanation becomes much more plausible and the investigation should be extended to 1) Find out who leaked the other info that could have sabotaged the Pats SB and; 2) whether the Colts could have doctored the other ball to pin it on the Pats.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Because it was a non story to begin with that was only talked about because the media needs something to talk about heading into the Super Bowl. You can only break down a single matchup so many times in 2 full weeks off.

Reaction Score
Boomer had an interesting thought monday. Said Brady embarrassed Harbaugh by suggesting he learn the rulebook about the formation he complained about. Tipped off his old defensive coordinator Pagano about the PSI thing to embarrass Brady and Bill B.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So only one ball was significantly deflated? Wanna bet that that was the ball that the Colts had in their possession?

My, my how the story has changed.

Reaction Score
NLOI Day and these are the top threads?

The boneyard...gotta love it. Or not...

Reaction Score
In a perfect world, maybe.

But it's really not practical.

What is practical - Brady and Belichick get an unpaid vacation for a long stretch next season.

It's not believable that those two were not intimately involved - hit 'em where it hurts.

Intimately involved? Hit 'em where it hurts? You must mean a kick to the soft balls. A monetary fine of a portion of a season means nothing to either of these gentlemen at this point. And Kraft has enough in his sack to cover it for them.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Anybody hear anything about deflategate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom