Baltimore / Sox | The Boneyard

Baltimore / Sox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My golf partner and his wife are down there for the weekend series and they got stuck in the "Freddie Gray" protest last night, said it was downright scary. The copters were flying over as they left a bar earlier not knowing it was moving towards Camden Yards and then they were locked down at the game for a while. He also said they shouldn't have made everyone leave even when they finally did as his few blocks back to the hotel were frightening as things were still going on out there and there was no transit.

People are just plan whacked aren't they?

Reaction Score
My golf partner and his wife are down there for the weekend series and they got stuck in the "Freddie Gray" protest last night, said it was downright scary. The copters were flying over as they left a bar earlier not knowing it was moving towards Camden Yards and then they were locked down at the game for a while. He also said they shouldn't have made everyone leave even when they finally did as his few blocks back to the hotel were frightening as things were still going on out there and there was no transit.

People are just plan whacked aren't they?
Remy said that an announcement was made asking fans to remain in the ballpark after the game.
Camden Yards is one of my favorite ballparks. If I were going to bring a kid to a game I like it much better than Fenway or Yankee Stadium because it has a much more family atmosphere. The fans aren't nearly as intense. The food is also better and you can meet Boog Powell at his barbecue pit in back of the right field entrance.
The bad thing is the ball park is really kind of isolated in a very dark neighborhood. Was there rioting and damage? The Camden Yards area is kind of a tough place to get stranded.

Reaction Score
Remy said that an announcement was made asking fans to remain in the ballpark after the game.
Camden Yards is one of my favorite ballparks. If I were going to bring a kid to a game I like it much better than Fenway or Yankee Stadium because it has a much more family atmosphere. The fans aren't nearly as intense. The food is also better and you can meet Boog Powell at his barbecue pit in back of the right field entrance.
The bad thing is the ball park is really kind of isolated in a very dark neighborhood. Was there rioting and damage? The Camden Yards area is kind of a tough place to get stranded.

They damaged police cars pretty bad, kicking in windows and throwing garbage cans and anything they could get their hands on through the windows. Said it was pretty scary and as stated the walk home LONG. But not as long as today's game I'm sure LOL ;)

Reaction Score
I would have holed up in Fells Pt til the ruckus was over.

Reaction Score
Love Fells Pt, great blues bar and plenty of drinking holes. I've been over served there a number of times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom