Balis and Winter Conditioning/Workouts | The Boneyard

Balis and Winter Conditioning/Workouts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I wonder why Balis is causing so much pain. Do they not work out on their own? Why do we seem to be starting over?

Reaction Score
I wonder why Balis is causing so much pain. Do they not work out on their own? Why do we seem to be starting over?

Man - this fanbase has PTSD.

Do you really think that the kids work out w/ the same intensity on winter break that they do when under the watchful eyes of MB? ;) It's also possible that Diggs is using a bit of hyperbole and shouldn't be taken literally?

Reaction Score
Man - this fanbase has PTSD.

Do you really think that the kids work out w/ the same intensity on winter break that they do when under the watchful eyes of MB? ;) It's also possible that Diggs is using a bit of hyperbole and shouldn't be taken literally?

So I have PTSD, but you can read the mind of Diggs. I would not expect the same intensity, but don't you think there should be a level of conditioning that's better than your conditioning on the keyboard? You are ultra sensitive my man, the lorax of uconn sports.

Why is it ok to go back to level 0 over the break? I get the shaping and all and the newer and better bodies, but if you have to start from scratch every time that makes it more difficult. Last year if I remember correctly, Diaco asked for a level of commitment after spring break. Several players did not and there were changes.

Reaction Score
Ever work with a trainer? There Job's to get u to do diff exercises, more reps or weights and frankly push you harder. The kid didn't say he was at level zero. In fact he said he loved it. Stop looking for problems everywhere. Put ur big boy pants on and try finding the positive in life.

Reaction Score
So I have PTSD, but you can read the mind of Diggs. I would not expect the same intensity, but don't you think there should be a level of conditioning that's better than your conditioning on the keyboard? You are ultra sensitive my man, the lorax of uconn sports.

Why is it ok to go back to level 0 over the break? I get the shaping and all and the newer and better bodies, but if you have to start from scratch every time that makes it more difficult. Last year if I remember correctly, Diaco asked for a level of commitment after spring break. Several players did not and there were changes.

It's standard to take time off after a season to let minor injuries heal. Also, everyone's body responds differently to exercise. Some people are always sore after weight training especially of they do slow negatives during lifting. I have seen Balis train players and he makes them emphasize the negative. This maximizes muscle growth, but also causes a lot of muscle soreness.

Reaction Score
Sure just like any other program they all had some type of assigned workouts over the winter break but imagine there is a much higher level of intensity with the strength and conditioning staff back on campus than working out on own or with friends at local gym. Actually would be concerned if there were not feeling it after the first few off season workouts under Balis.

Reaction Score
From Vontae Diggs:

_DIGGSY5⃣9⃣ ‏@Diggsy59 3h3 hours ago
Todays workout made it official, college offseason training is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life both physically and mentally

I'm hoping this means not only are they developing, getting bigger, faster and stronger, but also mentally tougher so, when it gets tough on the field there is no mental or physical break down. Diggs has a lot of room for growth.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
th

Reaction Score
  • ♫"Wouldn't it be nice if Diaco/Balis are ahead of the curve in training these guys to be as mentally tough(and sharp, got to think on the fly) as they can be physically superior"♫.
  • ♫"and wouldn't it be nice if the O-line move the line of scrimmage forward 3-5 yards on each snap giving the QB that much more time or the RB that much more cushion"♫.
  • ♫"You know it's gonna be that much better, when the O-line all pushes together"♫
  • ♫"Oh wouldn't it be nice"♫

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger