Bad combine day for DHAM | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Bad combine day for DHAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As a professional, he will have more time to devote to his game, regardless of where he plays. I hope he rocks it. How much time he gets in games could be an issue. Coaches like those pay checks and sporadic play can get you fired. KO stayed with DHam on the floor a long time, before he decided that Daniel needed to sit. I don't think his next coach will be as patient and his camp will not have the same level of influence.

Reaction Score
Couldn't have said it any better, this is why I don't understand the backlash against the DHam "hurt" the team comments. Is he a cancer or anything like that no, but fans could sit back and watch all those close losses pile up, see those atrocious shooting nights thrown up by DHam, the ballstopping, the indecisiveness, and not think his play on offense was problematic? Grabbing 8-10 boards only grants a certain amount of leeway, and DHam's play on offense against teams with a pulse wasn't cutting it.
I guess personally, my problem with saying he hurt the team is that it implies if you didn't play him, and instead played someone else, you would end up with a better result. I don't believe that's true.

He's a flawed player, but every player on the roster was flawed. Gibbs, Purvis, Calhoun, & Cassell all had many of the same offensive issues as Hamilton, with worse rebounding and A/T ratios. Things were just brutal when he wasn't in there to get defensive rebounds.

Hamilton was designated as the guy to make something happen at the end of possessions, and it highlighted many of his flaws, but aside from when things started to come together for Adams and the end of the year, I don't think there is anyone on our roster who could have taken over Hamilton's role without being a downgrade.

Reaction Score
You get that I don't care what you see or think, right?

But I see a picture forming here. You are insanely insecure. You are/were an incredible disappointment to your father, aren't you? Listen, nothing you say on an internet board will change how big of a failure you are. Do the honorable thing....
Pretty bizarre comments. I guess you're working through some unresolved issues involving your dad? You should probably talk it out with him and/or schedule some therapy.

C

Chief00

Hamilton came on campus under the assumption he would have the "keys" and ability to flaunt (now fully realized to be fraudulent) offensive prowess and elite guard pnr ability , as well as shooting. This is a fact and I'm not running around claiming to be an insider like others , but dham and his camp(family) would be in KOs ear after EVERY game talking about the +/- of his game in front of scouts. 'Long term discussions'. Facts from people on the team , kid was the golden child.

Once he realized the feedback , he wisely decided that , while younger, this was the right time to throw the hat in the ring. It's that simple really. I honestly thought he made the right decision and both sides will be better off.

Ollie's player development style is intriguing but hinges on larrier coming in as a real prospect and Adams making a SERIOUS leap into all league consideration.

I kind of agree with some if this.

Reaction Score
The one outstanding skill he had on a college level does not carry him in the NBA because of the size and strength of the other players on the floor. Other skill is court vision and he he throws great lobs to Brimah. His position and size he has to be a great shooter in the NBA which he is not. That all said he was one of our best players last year which tells a lot about our troubles.

Reaction Score
It's unfortunate that Hamilton hired an agent. He could have contributed to something special at Storrs this coming season, but instead listened to woefully bad advice. He's likely to go un-drafted. Guess he'll find out what it's like to Netflix and chill in Turkey...

Reaction Score
Pretty bizarre comments. I guess you're working through some unresolved issues involving your dad? You should probably talk it out with him and/or schedule some therapy.
Man, I thought you were a genius. Is that all you've got? Essentially, "you too"? That's it? You really are a major fail.

Reaction Score
When someone starts pulling baseless insults out of their ass in an argument, that's pretty much game, set, match.

Reaction Score
Why are people still arguing over this?

We all know he isn't ready for the NBA. We all know he should've returned to school.

But he made a decision that was his to make. Doesn't mean it wasn't the wrong decision. But it was his to make and he made it. So be it.

He will be fine and And so will uconn basketball. There's nothing to argue about here.

Reaction Score
Why are people still arguing over this?

We all know he isn't ready for the NBA. We all know he should've returned to school.

But he made a decision that was his to make. Doesn't mean it wasn't the wrong decision. But it was his to make and he made it. So be it.

He will be fine and And so will uconn basketball. There's nothing to argue about here.

You're right HAD but it's a discussion board and obviously his decision is worth discussing amongst the UConn fans. Ultimately though it was his decision as you say and he made it. Hope he finds a career somehow and reaches his dream at some point. It will take really hard work to get there, huge improvement in key areas of his game and his coach was the one guy who could've helped with that road.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Sounds like he had a better performance during shooting drills.

NBA Combine: Shooting Drills - Rotoworld.com

Small Forwards

Player Pos. Height Weight Spot Up NBA 3 Off Dribble 15 Left Off Dribble 15 Right Off Dribble 15 Top On the Move College On the Move 15 Feet
De'Andre Bembry
SF 6'5.75 206.6 48% 33.3% 50% 33.3% 60% 44.4%
Jarron Blossomgame SF 6'7.25 213.6 60% 50% 50% 100% 63.6% 63.6%
Dorian Finney-Smith SF 6'7.75 212.6 64% 33.3% 83.3% 83.3% - 66.7%
Daniel Hamilton SF 6'8 197.0 44% 50% 66.7% 100% 72.7% 72.7%
Nigel Hayes SF 6'7.25 245 60% 33.3% 66.7% 33.3% 60% 63.6%
Justin Jackson SF 6'8.25 193.4 48% 33.3% 83.3% 50% - 61.8%
Jake Layman SF 6'9.25 208.6 68% 33.3% 83.3% 83.3% 54.5% 81.8%
Taurean Prince SF 6'7.75 220.2 32% 66.7% 50% 66.7% - 52.9%
Troy Williams SF 6'6.75 217.8 68% 66.7% 66.7% 66.7% - 59.4%
*Jaylen Brown and Elgin Cook did not take part in the shooting drills.

The small forwards were a mixed bag across all areas. On the bright side, five of the group, Jarron Blossomgame,Dorian Finney-Smith, Nigel Hayes, Jake Layman and Troy Williams, hit 60 percent or better from NBA three-point range; however, the rest of the group all fell below 50 percent, including Taurean Prince’s disappointing 32 percent.

Off the dribble and on the move wasn’t much better, as a whole. Prince did fare much better inside the arc, though still showed some inconsistency. Other than Prince and Williams, the rest of the group hit 50 percent or less off the dribble from the left side. Daniel Hamilton performed very well in the other non-stationary shooting drills, as did Layman, including both being the only two players to top 70 percent on the move from 15 feet. Blossomgame and Williams were also the only two players to shoot 50 percent or better in all of the shooting drills.

De’Andre Bembry has never been a very good shooter from long-range, but he was expected to perform much better inside the arc. Nigel Hayes had some good moments on the move, but was shakier off the dribble.

Reaction Score
It is done.

I hope Daniel Hamilton has a brilliant pro career and makes a lot of money. With Kevin Ollie and a family of brothers that preceded him, it is unlikely that there he did not receive sound advice - thoughts. Maybe he is ok playing in China as his brother Gary has. Make a million. Thats better than the other thousands that are leaving UCONN last week. I enjoyed watching him play; but almost feel he was compelled to leave by something beyond what we can see at surface level.

Reaction Score
It is done.

I hope Daniel Hamilton has a brilliant pro career and makes a lot of money. With Kevin Ollie and a family of brothers that preceded him, it is unlikely that there he did not receive sound advice - thoughts. Maybe he is ok playing in China as his brother Gary has. Make a million. Thats better than the other thousands that are leaving UCONN last week. I enjoyed watching him play; but almost feel he was compelled to leave by something beyond what we can see at surface level.

A million?

Reaction Score
I'm amazed that people are actually debating whether or not we would be better off next year if an all conference player returned. There is no evidence that he was a chemistry problem on the team, or stunting other teammate's growth. He obviously has flaws as a player, but come on.
I think you need some help with reading comprehension. The post you are quoting is basing speculation about next year on the FACT that Hamilton will not be back, and wondering if, based on the opportunity, if someone else might step up.

I don't believe there is a soul alive that is a UConn fan that doubts next year's team would be better WITH Hamilton than without. NOT.ONE.

Reaction Score
I love that a diehard fan of a team that came out of nowhere to win 2 of the last 6 national championships has decided we're not winning next year because Hamilton, Brimah, and Purvis aren't the trifecta to do it. That alone is amazing. Obviously it's long odds, because it's long odds for every team to win the NC. It doesn't mean rebuilding with the younger players who are complete unknowns in college basketball is a superior option.

Trying to twist Kirk and Ricky's suspension into some significant driver of our championship 2 years later is equally great. I feel so dumb for thinking the main drivers were El Amin showing up and Rip deciding to come back for a third year despite being a first round pick.

I have to be done interacting with you on this topic because it's just stupid at this point, but thanks for the great laughs.
FYI, this whole obsession you have with people being stupid or dumb, clearly stems from the old addage, it takes one to know one.

Reaction Score
I'm with 7774 here. I wasn't the biggest fan of D-Ham's game, but he had the chance to be really good as a junior.
What ? I don't think many people disagree with that, nor do I think I would summarize 7774's position on this as "Hamilton had a chance to be really good as a junior".

Reaction Score
If the point of him leaving was to play pro basketball - then whatever. He can do what he wants.

If the point of him leaving was to play pro basketball in the NBA, specifically; then yeah, it was a stupid decision, probably.

I say 'probably' because i'm not sure he's ever going to have the frame he's going to need to compete in the NBA as a regular player. Even with a year to develop his skills at UConn, i'm not sure he's going to be able to overcome the physics of it all. So if he's already playing with a short stack of chips to begin with, then you really want to give yourself every chance to shine and coming out your Junior year instead is probably the smarter career path; assuming there is one where that goal is seemingly realistic.

If he wants to play in Europe than he'll make plenty of money.

Reaction Score
It's unfortunate that Hamilton hired an agent. He could have contributed to something special at Storrs this coming season, but instead listened to woefully bad advice. He's likely to go un-drafted. Guess he'll find out what it's like to Netflix and chill in Turkey...
FWIW I hear turkish women are pretty hot. Much hotter then our cheerleaders....

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I think you need some help with reading comprehension. The post you are quoting is basing speculation about next year on the FACT that Hamilton will not be back, and wondering if, based on the opportunity, if someone else might step up.

I don't believe there is a soul alive that is a UConn fan that doubts next year's team would be better WITH Hamilton than without. NOT.ONE.
I must be a dead soul because I'm a fanatic UConn fan and I couldn't be so categorically sure one way or the other. It's not provable which is why these arguments are so entertaining. Don't get me wrong. The analysis for the most part is interesting. But how the fluger can anyone prove things one way or the other without testing things? Without seeing two teams next season, one with and one without a junior DHam, we can't know with certainty which assertions are correct.

There is a whole different group of players next season. Would DHam's play be better served with this new group? How can anyone know? If DHam did not want to stay in college (who but DHam really knows this?) would his returning to UConn, even with improvements made to his game and one more years experience, impact the team negatively relative to his absence? And if so, would there be a net gain or a net loss in terms of team performance? Who knows?

I love the arguments people make. But it seems to me, and I may be wrong, that too many people confuse their brain processing abilities with being time machines. Just give me one correct lottery pick and I'll be convinced that that individual knows what he is talking about.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Is it just me, or has the BY gotten a lot more shrill lately?
Not just you.

IMO there has been a significant improvement in recruiting information, in team and player analysis, in basketball, beer and pizza information.

But my goodness there seems to be a significant increase in the number of posts in which people really seem bent on deriding one another.

Reaction Score
So in consolidation of all this learned opinion, DH is heading where??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom