Backs against the wall | The Boneyard

Backs against the wall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well it seems a lot of folks are turning on the team.... from the media, to fan & student apathy & even a growing number in the Boneyard have turned sour to the program as a whole. The Huskies have their backs against the wall for sure. The chip on these guys shoulders resembles Mt. Frissell and it's too bad because no one(including the coaches) deserves getting bashed publicly the way they are. I plan on rooting just a little bit louder for these guys because I believe in them. You corner a mad dog and your in for one hell of a fight and I believe these dogs have had just about enough.

Reaction Score
Kind of hard to envision a "mad dog"response when you have "Old Yeller" leading the charge from the sideline. I get what your saying though......

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I miss being able to believe in these guys. Meaning the coaches, not the players.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Well it seems a lot of folks are turning on the team.... from the media, to fan & student apathy & even a growing number in the Boneyard have turned sour to the program as a whole. The Huskies have their backs against the wall for sure. The chip on these guys shoulders resembles Mt. Frissell and it's too bad because no one(including the coaches) deserves getting bashed publicly the way they are. I plan on rooting just a little bit louder for these guys because I believe in them. You corner a mad dog and your in for one hell of a fight and I believe these dogs have had just about enough.

??? Weyou, I appreciate your fervor for UConn FB, and I generally prefer to be a tolerant and non-confrontational poster, but sometimes your posts are absolutely baffling. I also tend to be patient and give everyone the benefit of the doubt, but no matter how many ways I slice this mess that is UConn FB 2013, I arrive at the unavoidable conclusion that the coaches are EXACTLY the ones who deserve EXACTLY the bashing they are getting. College players shouldn't be booed, and I don't know how one can distinguish a boo directed at a coach vs at a player, but does that mean we shouldn't boo? And do you really believe that people have turned "sour to the program as a whole"? I would never presume to speak for others, but as for me I love the program and believe the future holds great things for the University, its athletic programs and especially University of Connecticut Football, but I hate the aberration we have experienced under the Pasqualoni regime, and its difficult for me to imagine that most 'Yarders don't feel the same way. We need to be rid of the PP disaster ASAP and get back to to the UConn tradition of winning.

In the meantime, cheer away I'll be right there (virtually) with you.

Reaction Score
??? Weyou, I appreciate your fervor for UConn FB, and I generally prefer to be a tolerant and non-confrontational poster, but sometimes your posts are absolutely baffling. I also tend to be patient and give everyone the benefit of the doubt, but no matter how many ways I slice this mess that is UConn FB 2013, I arrive at the unavoidable conclusion that the coaches are EXACTLY the ones who deserve EXACTLY the bashing they are getting. College players shouldn't be booed, and I don't know how one can distinguish a boo directed at a coach vs at a player, but does that mean we shouldn't boo? And do you really believe that people have turned "sour to the program as a whole"? I would never presume to speak for others, but as for me I love the program and believe the future holds great things for the University, its athletic programs and especially University of Connecticut Football, but I hate the aberration we have experienced under the Pasqualoni regime, and its difficult for me to imagine that most 'Yarders don't feel the same way. We need to be rid of the PP disaster ASAP and get back to to the UConn tradition of winning.

In the meantime, cheer away I'll be right there (virtually) with you.

Amen.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I believe the coaches have earned the "respect" they are getting. You are as good as what your record says and this regime is 10-15. period.

And the students did not appear apathetic at the beginning of the Towson game. Their sections were the only ones that were completely filled. If Maximus, himself, were standing at midfield yelling up at the crowd, I'd have to yell back, "No, I am not entertained in the least." And that is when the student section cleared out.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

I wish I could share your hopefulness. I don't see it. And not just based on the last game. They followed up that great L'Ville win with a giant turd of a game in-front of the home fans. The Spring game was a lifeless disaster. Last game was a nightmare. Our best hope for a team leader is being undermined by the head coach. I don't see a chip on their shoulders, I see shoulders slumped. But hey, that's why they play the games. A win would do wonders.

Reaction Score

The coaches deserve every bit of flack we can fire their way. They have all failed and they should be replaced.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
I wish I could share your hopefulness. I don't see it. And not just based on the last game. They followed up that great L'Ville win with a giant turd of a game in-front of the home fans. The Spring game was a lifeless disaster. Last game was a nightmare. Our best hope for a team leader is being undermined by the head coach. I don't see a chip on their shoulders, I see shoulders slumped. But hey, that's why they play the games. A win would do wonders.

Exactly.... Whitmer has been a loyal soldier and has been thrown under the bus by Vlad. In the media no less

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Anybody who references Mt. Frissell get's a "like" from me. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom