Back from SUN vs SKY | The Boneyard

Back from SUN vs SKY

Status
Not open for further replies.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Another win!!

Kelsey Bone continues to impress me this season... a double-double tonight (12 rebs, 14 pts) and looking very engaged in the huddles. Great to see, and plenty more up side to tap into. Alex Bentley lead the scoring but did so on 7-18 shooting. There were times she looked more interested in going 1 on 1 with Cappie than running offense. Jasmine Duke had the best game of the Duke girls but mostly on the D (3-7 for 6 pts.). Chelsea Duke was way out-quicked by Jamierra Faulkner and was not very effective. Elizabeth Duke had a couple boards and a nice swat but not very notable otherwise. Alyssa Thomas had 14 pts but did it on 4-12 shooting. 2 steals and 8 boards made up for the shooting.

OBTW EDD 27 points on 50% shooting... Ho-Hum. ;)

All-in-all an entertaining game to watch, and did I mention.... A WIN!! :p

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
thanks... Im trying to go Sunday, I think

Reaction Score
Also there and another surprising great win! I think this young team with Chiney back and an experienced second year Williams is going to be a good one next year. I haven't counted out this year yet.

Reaction Score
Think that Chelsea Gray and Elizabeth need to adapt to the speed difference from college to pros. They are talented though and will adapt.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
This would have never happened if Sylvia Fowles was still alive ;)

Reaction Score
I have mixed emotions. I want the Sun to do well but every win does two things: 1) increases the chances they will renew Donovan's contract and 2) decreases our chances in the Stewie Sweepstakes.

Reaction Score
The game was exciting. I think this team has a bunch of young hungry players that will exceed expectations because there are no bog egos on the team. Cry babies like Tina Charles (I don't like driving down Route 95 to go home) and Kara Lawson are gone.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
If they do well, doesn't Donovan deserve a renewed contract?
Um, one would think so.

As a Lib fan when she was there, I was frustrated by her lack of success. I thought the SHU move was a mistake and haven't been impressed with her since.

BUT - she won Olympic Gold (ok, she coached the best team), won a WNBA championship, and got personal kudos for her coaching from a former RU player.

So, all that being said, yes, I agree.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I have mixed emotions. I want the Sun to do well but every win does two things: 1) increases the chances they will renew Donovan's contract and 2) decreases our chances in the Stewie Sweepstakes.

Not sure if thats the best strategy for a NE based franchise.... Didnt work in 1997 with the Boston Celtics..... or the 2015 Knicks. Might end up losing a bunch of games..... then see Stewart drafted by San Antonio or Atlanta ...... and then the Sun will end up with a new coach and Courtney Williams (TAMU) or someone like that. I actually think Williams would be a good fit for the Sun... but that is a topic for later.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Eliz Duke, cute for Williams??

Jasmine Duke had the best game of the Duke girls but mostly on the D (3-7 for 6 pts.). Chelsea Duke was way out-quicked by Jamierra Faulkner and was not very effective. Elizabeth Duke had a couple boards and a nice swat but not very notable otherwise.

Ummm, yeah... [sigh]
:confused:

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Im going to my 1st Sun game in years... I think the last time I went DT was a rookie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom