Babylon's Burning (the North part): Bria da' Bomb | The Boneyard

Babylon's Burning (the North part): Bria da' Bomb

Status
Not open for further replies.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Okay, I'll fess up. In early January after 16 games, I had (just about) given up on Bria ever getting the outside touch back. She'd had a slight uptick at her low point for 3-pt. shooting at the 9th game mark against Ohio State when another 0-4 had left her shooting at 22.9% for the season. A 5-5 against UC Davis followed in the 10th game that seemed like it might spark a surge, but Bria went 4-22 in the next 6 games to leave her at a 26.6% percentage at the 16th game mark, and drives for shorter jumpers definitely seemed the best option for her, as her perimeter shooting seemed to be a thing of the past.

And then came the Temple game (17th) when Bria da' Bomb started exploding. A 3-6 effort then was foll0wed two games later by a 6-8 mark at Rutgers and then a 6-7 show against USF in the 21st game, and Bria was on her way. In her last eight games she has tacked on 5-6 and a 5-8 detonations in the SMU games, which has lifted her to 37.2% for the season. But looking ahead for what we can expect, she has been shooting at a 45.0% rate during 2014 and at a KML bombing 48.8% rate since the Temple game on January 11. She's also at 51.4% in the last 6 games, and 50% in her last 11.

No, Bria is not going to blast the buckets every time, and during the 13-game run she has thrown in 1-6, 1-5, and 1-4 performances, but she has not been shut out since the Houston game at Gampel on January 7. And now it's really comforting to see her setting up outside the perimeter, and we're shocked when they don't stay down. Very nice on a team that really needs her at the moment to keep defenses stretched out toward the perimeter and not just packing in to bang and grab at Stef and Stewie in the paint.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Okay, I'll fess up. In early January after 16 games, I had (just about) given up on Bria ever getting the outside touch back. She'd had a slight uptick at her low point for 3-pt. shooting at the 9th game mark against Ohio State when another 0-4 had left her shooting at 22.9% for the season. A 5-5 against UC Davis followed in the 10th game that seemed like it might spark a surge, but Bria went 4-22 in the next 6 games to leave her at a 26.6% percentage at the 16th game mark, and drives for shorter jumpers definitely seemed the best option for her, as her perimeter shooting seemed to be a thing of the past.

And then came the Temple game (17th) when Bria da' Bomb started exploding. A 3-6 effort then was foll0wed two games later by a 6-8 mark at Rutgers and then a 6-7 show against USF in the 21st game, and Bria was on her way. In her last eight games she has tacked on 5-6 and a 5-8 detonations in the SMU games, which has lifted her to 37.2% for the season. But looking ahead for what we can expect, she has been shooting at a 45.0% rate during 2014 and at a KML bombing 48.8% rate since the Temple game on January 11. She's also at 51.4% in the last 6 games, and 50% in her last 11.

No, Bria is not going to blast the buckets every time, and during the 13-game run she has thrown in 1-6, 1-5, and 1-4 performances, but she has not been shut out since the Houston game at Gampel on January 7. And now it's really comforting to see her setting up outside the perimeter, and we're shocked when they don't stay down. Very nice on a team that really needs her at the moment to keep defenses stretched out toward the perimeter and not just packing in to bang and grab at Stef and Stewie in the paint.
I have been watching this steady rise as well - and her overall shooting percentage is now up 100 points as well as she was in the mid 300s in December. Truly a mighty turn around. The other player who has on a much smaller number been equally impressive is Moriah - she too was in the mid 200s and has gotten her percentage up to .368.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
She was feeling it last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads