B1G TV Negotiations | Page 9 | The Boneyard

B1G TV Negotiations

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
None in Buffalo except for Sidelines and 716

Well they have Buffalo addresses and Sports Bar in their names - so I guess your argument is with them.

Reaction Score
Well they have Buffalo addresses and Sports Bar in their names - so I guess your argument is with them.

I'm not arguing with anyone. The Buffalo addresses were for places so far out, places in Clarence, not even first ring suburbs. Your argument is with Yelp. Ask them why they dont know what towns these places are in. I bet it's because the users who put stuff up really don't give a s---!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm not arguing with anyone. The Buffalo addresses were for places so far out, places in Clarence, not even first ring suburbs. Your argument is with Yelp. Ask them why they dont know what towns these places are in. I bet it's because the users who put stuff up really don't give a s---!

Overtime Sports Bar. - Broadway Buffalo.

Bada Bing - Chippawa St Buffalo

Pandora Sports Bar - Fillmore Ave Buffalo

Papa Joe's Sports Bar - Walden Ave Buffalo.

Kasual Korner Sports Bar - Bailey Ave Buffalo.

That enough or do you need more?

Feel free to keep talking out of your arse - don't let google get in the way.

Is this like when you can rank 350 basketball teams better than computers without ever seeing them play?

Reaction Score
Easy to see why you're so confused in life, since you're informed by Yelp. Which I just looked at, and it didn't have 30, it had 2, which is one more than I thought. 716 and Sidelines. All the others are outside Buffalo. Unless you are talking about restaurants. I assure you, the places they list, like Anchor Bar, Century Grill, Thirsty, Electric Avenue, Pearl Street Brewery, these are NOT sports bars. Having a TV doesn't mean you're a sports bar. I made it pretty clear in my post that there are many restaurants and bars in town with TVs. In my view, a place with the sound turned down on sports is not a sports bar.

Here's an article on Sidelines by someone who sums up the sports bar scene this way: "Seeing that there is a surprising dearth of sports-centric restaurants in the city of Buffalo, I was happy to sit down with two of the owners, Adam and Hillary Collura, who filled me in on all of the details of the operation."

The Skinny on Sidelines

The problem with Sports bars in Buffalo is that 716 sucks out all the interest because they can't compete with this:

716-food-sports-bar-buffalo-new-york-800x531.jpg
am I missing something? there is 20 people and 5 of them look like they are in the hallway not wanting to come in.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Please take this somewhere else

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Please take this somewhere else

Drew - the only thing that makes it worse is trying to play thread police.

There is no real information on any of this stuff - you'll find out who the Big Ten puts the second half of their contract with when it's a deal.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Drew - the only thing that makes it worse is trying to play thread police.

There is no real information on any of this stuff - you'll find out who the Big Ten puts the second half of their contract with when it's a deal.

I just keep getting tired of thinking there's news on the B1G contract and you guys are arguing over the validity of sports bars in Buffalo

Reaction Score
Overtime Sports Bar. - Broadway Buffalo. CHEEKTOWAGA, NOT BUFFALO

Bada Bing - Chippawa St Buffalo NOT A SPORTS BAR

Pandora Sports Bar - Fillmore Ave Buffalo CLOSED

Papa Joe's Sports Bar - Walden Ave Buffalo. NOT IN BUFFALO, IN CHEEKTOWAGA across the street from the Walden Galleria Mall. Just Google Cheektowaga, NY and you will see it on a map.

Kasual Korner Sports Bar - Bailey Ave Buffalo. Kasual Korner Sports Bar - CLOSED in Buffalo , NY CLOSED

That enough or do you need more?

Feel free to keep talking out of your arse - don't let google get in the way.

Is this like when you can rank 350 basketball teams better than computers without ever seeing them play?

LOL, man, Bada Bing is not a sports bar. The really funny thing about this is I posted an article from the local news where the writer says, THERE ARE A DEARTH OF SPORTS BARS IN BUFFALO. And you started wasting your time by combing through Google and came up with two bars that closed years ago, one which isn't a sports bar, and a couple of others that aren't even in Buffalo. Hilarious stuff. I still want you to find one, just one. Because then I can say, you found one. Good for you. And at the end of the day, my statement about the lack of sports bars in Buffalo still stands.

Here's an example, this is Pandora's: https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=e...ved=0ahUKEwjWhIKR6fjMAhVMQ1IKHalqDl8Qpx8IdTAK

Though I'd never never been to Pandora before it closed (I didn't want to die), this is what people thought of it when it was open:

Derek Beverly
11 months ago
Prices were .....The food is ok not great and if you ok with the area then i'd say go except the service was horrible because the music was so loud the waitress couldn't hear you and they get so bombarded with orders they can figure out who's is what.

Thomas Woodard
9 months ago
food quality has gone down

Sherone Littleton
2 years ago
Pandora need more security my friend was killed outside of there

Keshia Nevins
2 years ago
This my spot

Keasha Fowler
a year ago
no
4 years ago
Food is great dislike old men hitting on me

A Google User
4 years ago
Have been here for almost an hour and have not gotten my food! Service is horrible.

Reaction Score
Watching Whaler and Upstater debate the # of - and what constitutes - sports bars in Buffalo is the Lincoln-Douglas showdown of our generation.

Hey, he does this stuff all the time. Did everyone not read my original post that specifically mentioned that there are a ton of restaurants and bars in Buffalo with TVs tuned to ESPN? Then I mentioned the sports bar (I was thinking of 716). Wouldn't that naturally signal to everyone that I was making a distinction between sports bars and other bars? But no--he spends his time going off to list all the restaurants and bars he can.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
LOL, man, Bada Bing is not a sports bar. The really funny thing about this is I posted an article from the local news where the writer says, THERE ARE A DEARTH OF SPORTS BARS IN BUFFALO. And you started wasting your time by combing through Google and came up with two bars that closed years ago, one which isn't a sports bar, and a couple of others that aren't even in Buffalo. Hilarious stuff. I still want you to find one, just one. Because then I can say, you found one. Good for you. And at the end of the day, my statement about the lack of sports bars in Buffalo still stands.

Here's an example, this is Pandora's: https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x89d312aa87e30dd9:0x4a092c46fb6bd79e!2m5!2m2!1i80!2i80!3m1!2i100!3m1!7e115!4s/maps/place/pandora's+sports+bar+%26+restaurant/@42.9354519,-78.8392335,3a,75y,83.35h,90t/data=*213m4*211e1*213m2*211sXBLrIdwNvKiLfj3RbOJ1_g*212e0*214m2*213m1*211s0x0:0x4a092c46fb6bd79e!5spandora's+sports+bar+&+restaurant+-+Google+Search&imagekey=!1e2!2sXBLrIdwNvKiLfj3RbOJ1_g&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjWhIKR6fjMAhVMQ1IKHalqDl8Qpx8IdTAK

Though I'd never never been to Pandora before it closed (I didn't want to die), this is what people thought of it when it was open:

Derek Beverly
11 months ago
Prices were .....The food is ok not great and if you ok with the area then i'd say go except the service was horrible because the music was so loud the waitress couldn't hear you and they get so bombarded with orders they can figure out who's is what.

Thomas Woodard
9 months ago
food quality has gone down

Sherone Littleton
2 years ago
Pandora need more security my friend was killed outside of there

Keshia Nevins
2 years ago
This my spot

Keasha Fowler
a year ago
no
4 years ago
Food is great dislike old men hitting on me

A Google User
4 years ago
Have been here for almost an hour and have not gotten my food! Service is horrible.

Well sure you make your own definitions for words - and places with Buffalo addresses aren't in Buffalo so ok....

Someone at the Bada Bing thinks they are a sports bar.

It doesn't much matter if it's a sports bar that meets your exacting standards of safety... you still defend Joe Paterno so it's not like anyone would trust your taste.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    113 KB · Views: 37
Reaction Score
Well sure you make your own definitions for words - and places with Buffalo addresses aren't in Buffalo so ok....

Someone at the Bada Bing thinks they are a sports bar.

It doesn't much matter if it's a sports bar that meets your exacting standards of safety... you still defend Joe Paterno so it's not like anyone would trust your taste.

That's the best you have, an outright lie?

pj

Reaction Score
Let's move on.

Tell me about the sports bar scene in Cheektowaga.

Reaction Score
Let's move on.

Tell me about the sports bar scene in Cheektowaga.

They have to shell out big $$$ to ESPN; that way ESPN can afford to pay for the LHN channel.

Reaction Score
Nothing can top a classical Whaler vs Upstater dialectic
Worth visiting the board for.
Reminds me of the debate between GK Chesterton and Clarence Darrow.

Reaction Score
Pat Verbeek, Geoff Sanderson, Marc Potvin, Chris Pronger, Mark Janssen, Todd Harkins and Kevin McCarthy all wished they could have found a sports bar in Buffalo .....

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
So let me get this straight. Since this is the Big10 Media Rights Negotiation thread, the number of sports bars must effect the contract. That must mean if Whaler is correct and their are many sports bars in Buffalo, the Big10 needs to invite them because of the added monies from the higher fees they will charge the many sports bars. If Upstater is correct, then Buffalo shouldn't be invited because there is only one and they will only get a minimum fee from Buffalo.

Reaction Score
ESPN stays in the game

>>ESPN will buy the second half of the Big Ten’s media rights package, ending months of speculation that the two were about to sever their 50-year relationship.

ESPN will pay an average of $190 million per year over six years for essentially half the conference’s media rights package, according to several sources close to the talks. Two months ago, Fox Sports agreed to take the other half of the package for an average of $240 million per year. CBS Sports also has told the conference that it will renew its basketball-only package for $10 million per year.

The six-year, $2.64 billion media rights haul represents a big win for the Big Ten Conference, of course, which will see its average media rights payout nearly triple when it takes effect next fall.<<

Reaction Score
ESPN stays in the game

>>ESPN will buy the second half of the Big Ten’s media rights package, ending months of speculation that the two were about to sever their 50-year relationship.

ESPN will pay an average of $190 million per year over six years for essentially half the conference’s media rights package, according to several sources close to the talks. Two months ago, Fox Sports agreed to take the other half of the package for an average of $240 million per year. CBS Sports also has told the conference that it will renew its basketball-only package for $10 million per year.

The six-year, $2.64 billion media rights haul represents a big win for the Big Ten Conference, of course, which will see its average media rights payout nearly triple when it takes effect next fall.<<

Plus the BTN payouts, which keep going up.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
ESPN stays in the game

Okay, so what does this mean for us and CRA?

Reaction Score
Off the top of my head, if you factor in everything, I think each B1G school will get somewhere around $45 million per year when the new agreements take effect.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom