B.E. Commissioner short list of names... | The Boneyard

B.E. Commissioner short list of names...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
per Des' article in today's Courant:
"SEC executive associate commissioner Mark Womack, current Big East associate commissioners Nick Carparelli & Tom Odjakian, PAC-12 deputy commissioner Kevin Weiberg, and former NCAA executive vice-president for championships Greg Sheehan."
Odjakian formerly worked for ESPN as chief programmer for men's basketball games & at one time was ranked in the Sporting News top 100 most influential people in sports when he held that position. He's a hoops guy-do you think that will fly with the football schools?

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Shaheen is the hottest name right now, and the league does need national 'juice' in the commissioner's seat in the worst way. Plus, he knows his stuff.

But Weiberg has been there, done that: dude helped create the B1G Network, plus he has experience dealing with divergent schools as Big 12 commish. I'm hoping he's still interested in the gig.

That said, be on the lookout for major news stories on all the folks who are NOT interested in the job. Certain media entities will want to hammer that home for some reason...

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Have to go outside the conference for this position. To promote from within would send a bad message. It would be like putting another "Kick Me" sign on the conference's back.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I fully expect Carparelli or Odjakian to be named the commish in short order.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
If that's the short list, I can live with those types of resumes.

Reaction Score
I fully expect Carparelli or Odjakian to be named the commish in short order.
Did either one go to Providence? The PC folks are all pushing Dan Gavitt for the job! Can you imagine...

Reaction Score
Honestly, I don't have the stomach for another Italian from within the conference. And I'm Italian, so I can say that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom